• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Specs for nVidia Ampere Supposedly Leaked

Ironbunny

1st post - Price Unveil & Launch date (most probably FE) = 9th September
2nd post - FE prices today, custom model prices later. D:

He doesn't make reference to the AIB or custom models in his first post, only making reference to the FE, and when the price unveil and launch date will be... then backtracks in his second comment saying FE prices will be reveiled today and AIB prices later.

So essentially he's giving conflicting information.

Not arguing with you, just that these guys are so full of crap.

Np. Yea definitely not the most trustworthy place to get the latest information.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Fast game switching? Utilization of SSD so far there's like one or 2 titles on PC that's using this in a meaningful way. Like you can have more than one game in a wait state and switch to it instantly on consoles. CAN'T DO THAT on PC.

Also Nvidia has some cool tech for RTX AUDIO, but so dont Xbox and Sony for 3D ray traced audio. So much we have not seen.

So your argument is better context switching between apps? Is that all?

Face it, Nvidia just went into the future about 10yrs. The consoles are completely out of their league and really shouldn't be compared to Nvidia at this point. The amount of innovative tech is just too massive.

KingT731

OKay I like what they showed and the price...the issue is am I ACTUALLY going to be able to buy it at that price. I remember when the 2080 came out and it wasn't available anywhere close to the MSRP.

Ironbunny

After seeing how much cooler my 2080ti is running compared to my previous fan-cooled cards, I'm definitely going to go dual tank custom loop with these cards and my next cpu/mobo. I've always wanted to try it, already have the right case for it, and I've already started planning my routing and layout.

What kind of differences do you get with the water cooling? Wondering if its worth to replace 3090 cooling with AIO for GPU.

Senua

Gold Member
How bout 3 fiddy?
giphy.gif

Top Bottom