• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Speculation: Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy is 1yr Console Exclusive (PS4)

Ash735

The sad thing is, there's been plenty of new info on the game lately, YET come to GAF and the threads just get crammed with port begging and talk about is it or is it not exclusive.

Kssio_Aug

When it stops being about a game and more about justifying your system.

When it brought nothing to the discussion. So, since always.

It's not port begging though... is it?
I think port begging would apply if people were going to Crash Bandicoot OT or any thread that is not related to the possibility of this game being released in any other platform, and started talking about how much they wish they could play it on Switch.

That's not the case though.... this thread is exactly about the possibility of the game being released on a different platform other than PS4. That said, it's not something crazy that some players would express their excitement to see the game being released on a platform they want it to.

It's almost like saying that if a game gets announced but there are still no confirmation about which platform that's gonna be released, would be port begging to wish it for PS4 / XB1 / PC / SWITCH. That would be insane.

Wamb0wneD

It has nothing to do with money or bragging. It could be any system. It's called an example.

Your example and rest of post reads like people mentioning the Switch only do so to let people know they play games on their Switch. Your $2000 dollar rig example amplifying that point. Like people who mentioned what kind of phone they made that photo of their food with. That's the definition of bragging. I have never seen anyone mentioning the Switch in that manner.
"Just no one cares where you play your games" is the equivalent of "Just no one cares what phone you use". Being annoyed at something that's not the case is rather strange imo. But thanks for pointing out to me what an example is. That surely adds to the discussion.

DJKhaled

I still doubt it, even if it's true, where would that game sell considering its audience is on Playstation.

I just dont understand people that think the audience is only on playstation, do they live in an alternate reality where Crash never stopped being a PS exclusive or something?

To be fair, this is a remake of the good games in the series, not the bad ones you played.

Acting like Wrath of Cortex wasn't great.

VeeP

A begging show isn't better than a shitshow.

Crash threads got ruined by the endless portbegging.

Both of those reasons contributed. People begging for Crash and people begging for Crash not to go to other systems.

So this has a chance of going to Switch or not? What about other platforms?

It's Activision, anything is possible. Time will tell.

People seem to get very defensive over whether or not this is exclusive, im just asking why would it matter if it wasnt? Then more people get to play it, how is that bad?

Brand loyalty. People don't want to see their beloved Crash on anything besides their beloved PS4.

SNURB

either way make no mistake the boxart is a great representation of how the games have aged

Pretty well I'm assuming
crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy-final-boxart.jpg

EDIT: Here's some footage of Rock-It
https://youtu.be/fRXpH79VBAE

Just to be sure I understand you correctly: because they never clarified that it's exclusive, it's definetly exclusive. And if it was exclusive to another platform (nobody ever expected this) the response would be different how exactly? I don't think they ever gave a response to anything. I probably misunderstood you because nothing here makes sense to me.

Switch is out since 2 months. This is a platformer and if Nintendo's audience would be associated with one genre it's that one. Do you really see them releasing this rather on Xbox than Switch? Do you think it would sell more on the former?

As of today, right now it has not been confirmed for any other platform except PS4. That by definition is exclusive, and if it makes people feel better, just say unofficially.
I think what we are seeing here is the result of an unfinished deal, with options. If sales numbers are good for both parties, Sony can pony(that came out like that) up for the rest of the exclusivity. I.e move units, sell millions, bundles,etc. and for that exclusivity has to be left in the air for now. If it's not worth it, acti will port the holy hell outta that game.

....if otherwise, why stop at the Switch? Let it hit all platforms, MS sold a shit ton of minecraft bundles. They have banjo, yooka laylee, etc. And like 30 million more players out there. That's why

Mosse

Neo Member
When did hoping a great game comes to you're preferred platform become a bad thing and get a dumb term like port begging.

It's annoying when it derails threads and change the discussion from the game itself to people only coming in to say "Is it really exclusive?" and "I'm waiting till it comes to platform x". Which is what happenens to pretty much every Crash thread.

But I don't see a problem with it in this thread since it's about if it will come to other platforms or not. So I see where the ones complaining about port begging is coming from, but I don't think it applies to this thread.

PS4's are so cheap now that its a no brainer to purchase if you really want to play this game. I guarantee there are at least two other playstation exclusives you want to play as well so it will easily justify the investment.

Wamb0wneD

It's like what don't people understand? As of today, right now it has not been confirmed for any other platform except PS4. That by definition is exclusive, and if it makes people feel better, just say unofficially.
I think what we are seeing here is the result of an unfinished deal, with options. If sales numbers are good for both parties, Sony can pony(that came out like that) up for the rest of the exclusivity. I.e move units, sell millions, bundles,etc. and for that exclusivity has to be left in the air for now. If it's not worth it, acti will port the holy hell outta that game.

....if otherwise, why stop at the Switch? Let it hit all platforms, MS sold a shit ton of minecraft bundles. They have banjo, yooka laylee, etc. And like 30 million more players out there. That's why

There have been multiple occasions where people could've thought that it's not exclusive, such as that PR twitter account posting exactly that and then paddling back or the "exclusive for PS4" sign missing in promotional art. Rest makes sense of course.

I never said it should stop at the Switch, it's just strange to assume it would rather come to Xbox than that. Of course it would be the best scenario if it came out everywhere including PC. Playerbase doesnt mean much (just look at Horizon sales on that install base compared to Zelda's) especially when its a rather niche genre like 3D platformers.

Unknown?

As thought - it's nonsense.

Explain? What are other people bringing to the discussion by being hyped for it on one platform? It's an independently owned IP and it's ports of games that are 20+ years old. Entire thread premise is that it *might* not be exclusive.
You're not exactly helping yourself here dude. It's announced exclusively for one system only at the moment. There's a possibility, since it's not owned by Sony, that it will come to other platforms. There's also a possibility that it won't and the same amount of evidence supports both sides. Until then dropping by to say, "hur not buying it now, waiting!" is not the same as saying "this would be great on the go with Switch".

You're not exactly helping yourself here dude. It's announced exclusively for one system only at the moment. There's a possibility, since it's not owned by Sony, that it will come to other platforms. There's also a possibility that it won't and the same amount of evidence supports both sides. Until then dropping by to say, "hur not buying it now, waiting!" is not the same as saying "this would be great on the go with Switch".

I didn't say that and you didn't read my comments.

David___

Banned
Activions owns everything about Crash including the OG games (I think). But Sony has publishing rights for the OG games. Vicarious built the game from the ground up BUT used ND's original level geometry to rebuild the gameplay from scratch. So basically this where the line is drawned between Sony and Activision, otherwise it would be 100% an Activision product.

Always seemed weird to me that Activision would choose to go exclusive(even timed) for a full game.

Somewhat confused though, would the level geometry be considered ND's(now Sony's) property or Universal's(now Activision's) property? Out of curiosity anyone have any insight to this?

Unknown?

It doesn't matter what platforms it comes on imo, I'm just glad it's coming at all. It wouldn't have even been a thing if PlayStation fans didn't keep bombarding Sony about Crash.

pizzacat

Banned
PS4's are so cheap now that its a no brainer to purchase if you really want to play this game. I guarantee there are at least two other playstation exclusives you want to play as well so it will easily justify the investment.
In literally losing money by not buying a PlayStation 4 Entertainment System

Kssio_Aug

Well, you can't guarantee this. lol

But even if you could, Crash + 2 exclusives may not be worth acquiring a new console for. I don't think it is reasonable to expect that people normally would find it worth even at NA, but there are other places (such as Brazil) where the PS4 is not cheap and may never be.

There have been multiple occasions where people could've thought that it's not exclusive, such as that PR twitter account posting exactly that and then paddling back or the "exclusive for PS4" sign missing in promotional art. Rest makes sense of course.

I never said it should stop at the Switch, it's just strange to assume it would rather come to Xbox than that. Of course it would be the best scenario if it came out everywhere including PC. Playerbase doesnt mean much (just look at Horizon sales on that install base compared to Zelda's) especially when its a rather niche genre like 3D platformers.
No, player base doesn't mean much, just pointing out the Xbox' should not easily be ignored if (when) it were to go multiplat. I think it will get ported for sure but it's exclusivity in limbo is quite peculiar.

Just mentioning that if this release saw that sort of success, whether it would become multiplatform or not would no longer be a question.

Fasho.. like I said earlier, though they might be holding out on official status until an agreement can be made.
If it does sell units, they might be able to lock it down. Who knows.

But can you imagine, "Crash in Smash".
let me stop😅

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I'll be knee deep in this game while others twiddle their thumbs hoping it comes to their hardware of choice.

That's great, I hope you enjoy it.

Personally I don't think a Crash Bandicoot remaster is worth dropping $300 on a Playstation 4, so I'll gladly continue to twiddle my thumbs.

Lately, there have been a ungodly amount of 'switch version when?' posts....for better or worse.

I will not be surprised if switch owners are gonna portbeg if bloodborne 2 got Announced or something.

Lately, there have been a ungodly amount of 'switch version when?' posts....for better or worse.

I will not be surprised if switch owners are gonna portbeg if bloodborne 2 got Announced or something.

its not just switch owners that will portbeg if a potential sequel is announced only on ps4

the great thing about being a ps4 owner is I don't have to portbeg. i backed the winning horse.

its not just switch owners that will portbeg if a potential sequel is announced only on ps4

the great thing about being a ps4 owner is I don't have to portbeg. i backed the winning horse.
Maybe you forgot how much ps4 owners port begged for xcom 2, of course everybody forgot because this board is as console biased as you can get.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
That's great, I hope you enjoy it.

Personally I don't think a Crash Bandicoot remaster is worth dropping $300 on a Playstation 4, so I'll gladly continue to twiddle my thumbs.

It's not worth even dropping $30 on, some might say. The idea that all of the top tier exclusive games on PS4 don't tempt someone but a remaster of three aggressively mediocre platformers from 20 years ago does is kind of hurting my head.

That said, I see no reason this shouldn't be multiplatform. It's third party, it's been generations since the character was Sony exclusive, and I can't imagine the money Sony would have to pay Activision to get timed exclusivity could possibly be worth it just for the six people who would buy a console for Crash fucking Bandicoot in 2017.

duckyofalarcon

Neo Member
It's just pretty stupid that Activision is not commenting on this. Would help a lot.

Holy shit at this guys Twitter and YouTube... Just pure sadness...

lol I had already blocked that guy on twitter. I had made a tweet something to the effect of "Wow Nioh looks awesome I'd love to get it if it ever came to pc since I dont have a ps4" and he somehow found my tweet and screenshotted it and posted it to his followers to mock me for... something? because I was like a pc fanboy and jealous of his ps4 or something. Had a pretty good laugh about that. Some people....

All I'm saying is I'm calling bs next time a octopath traveler thread gets made and I ask if it's officially exclusive or not. I don't wanna here it as much as this happens for crash, ni no kuni 2 was another example

Maybe you forgot how much ps4 owners port begged for xcom 2, of course everybody forgot because this board is as console biased as you can get.

i never port begged for that one. and even if ps4 owners supposedly pb that game, the instances of pb for ps4 only titles FAR outweigh the former

To be fair, this is a remake of the good games in the series, not the bad ones you played.
more importantly, these are remakes of the OG playstation trilogy, and those games never released outside of playstation. that's the only thing that confuses me but I suppose since nsane is a new product, sony doesn't own the rights to them.

SNURB

It's not worth even dropping $30 on, some might say. The idea that all of the top tier exclusive games on PS4 don't tempt someone but a remaster of three aggressively mediocre platformers from 20 years ago does is kind of hurting my head.

That said, I see no reason this shouldn't be multiplatform. It's third party, it's been generations since the character was Sony exclusive, and I can't imagine the money Sony would have to pay Activision to get timed exclusivity could possibly be worth it just for the six people who would buy a console for Crash fucking Bandicoot in 2017.

People like these games and want to see a return. Why throw more fuel into the revisionist fire and belittle it?

If Mario had more than 80% of his titles on other platforms then yeah that would be the same.

When people talk about crash bandicoot they are almost entirely referring to the PS1 era games not the multiplatform junk that was released post-90s. Those are the games with the fan base and the nostalgia that Sony and Activision are trying to tap back into.

Top Bottom