• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Speculation* New Test Drive Unlimited game by Kylotonn all but confirmed?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://www.teamvvv.com/news/new-test-drive-unlimited-game-by-kylotonn-all-but-confirmed/

We’ve known for almost two years (!) now that BigBen Interactive has the rights to use and develop future Test Drive titles from Atari including the Test Drive Unlimited brand.

Today we learned that Bigben now owns the entire share capital of the Kylotonn SAS studio, known as KT Racing. Bigben also included “Test Drive Unlimited” in the list of brands they are working with in today’s press release. This all points to a future Test Drive Unlimited game developed by Kylotonn (after some strong rumours)

Pantz

Month old news but don't think it was posted on here yet:

Job listings for new "Test Drive" game

part of the development team of a massively multiplayer racing game deriving from the Test Drive licence

YESSSSSSSS Test Drive Unlimited 2 is one of my favorite games. Don't know if it will be TDU3 or another title but the description is for a massively multiplayer racing game which is what TDU was. I hope it's a next-gen title since some of the next-gen games showed off so far like Elder Scrolls 6 and Hellblade II seem to feature vast geography, perfect for an open-world racer.

Birdo

Banned
Oh man, I've love a third one.

Dare I say it...... I actually liked TDU2 more than any Forza Horizon game.

EDIT: Oh. Massively Multiplayer game....... Another racing franchise sent to die online (See The Crew).

Last edited:

Pantz

Oh man, I've love a third one.

Dare I say it...... I actually liked TDU2 more than any Forza Horizon game.

EDIT: Oh. Massively Multiplayer game....... Another racing franchise sent to die online (See The Crew).

Well TDU 1 and 2 were called Massively Multiplayer at the time. Kind of MMO-lite. I guess because you can get out of the cars and see other players walking around inside shops and dealerships.

Pantz

Possible info leak

The info posted looks about as sketch as it can get, but who knows?

Rio would be a sweet location if they could pull it off and fits with the theme locations from the last games. I wouldn't mind if this was true.

DiscoJer

It would be odd to be set in Brazil, because the first two were set on islands (Oahu and Ibiza). That avoids the problem Forza Horizon 4 has where you just run into hard barriers

Still, hope it's true. Because the Crew 1/2 sucks. And Forza Horizon has a tiny map that takes what, 10 minutes to cross from one side to the other?

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

GamesBeat: The acquisitions you made in 2018 and 2019, was that the ramp leading to this?

Clerc:
We bought five companies. But they represent eight studios. One of the companies, RaceWard in Italy, we have a stake in the company that we could raise in the months and years to come to have a majority. All of the studios have an identity and some specificities when it comes to the games that they’re able and willing to develop. Those are eight teams with some passion and some expertise in some fields.

I’ll give you the company names and studios they have. The first company is KT Racing, Kylotonn. They’re based in Paris and Lyon. They’re specialized in racing. They’re doing off-road racing with WRC (World Championship Rally), and they’re doing two-wheel racing with Isle of Man TT. They’re currently working on our biggest project by far, which is the next Test Drive Unlimited game.

Top Bottom