• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Speculation) Switch next gen spec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jose92

[Membe
Universo Nintendo/Necrolipe's summary of Switch 2 technical specifications based on their own sources

Summarising:

- T239 SoC
- TSMC N4 node process (4 nanometre?)
- 8-core A78C CPU, clock rates unknown, don't know what's meant by GA10F (this could be the GPU line)
- 12 stream multiprocessor GPU, performance ranging from 3.5 to 4.5 TFLOPs docked and 1.7 to 2.0 TFLOPs handheld
- 12 or 16GB RAM, LPDDR5 DRAM
- 100GB/s memory bandwidth docked and 88GB/s handheld
- Memory cache specifics uncertain, Tegra GPU cores may be able to access CPU cache
- Display is 8" screen with 1080p and 60hz refresh rate
- Internal storage either 256 or 512GB
- Cartridge specifics unknown, but 3D-NAND may provide a cost-effective way to significantly increase storage
- Expanded/external(?) storage and battery details remain unknown

Additional details referring to DLSS, Reflex and Ray Tracing with favourable comparisons to RTX 3000 graphic cards, full HD (1080p) on handheld mode, a 512GB internal storage ceiling and 500GB storage potential on cartridges utilising 3D-NAND technology

Quasicat

That’s all well and good, but I want the thing to be comfortable in handheld mode. After using a Steam Deck for the past few weeks, I like how it feels after a few hours, but the current Switch hurts my hand after awhile. I guess I just want some larger Joy-Cons.

BlackTron

Seems like the rumors we already have with a few blanks filled in.

Please go for the full 16GB. Don't be a Series S

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
That’s all well and good, but I want the thing to be comfortable in handheld mode. After using a Steam Deck for the past few weeks, I like how it feels after a few hours, but the current Switch hurts my hand after awhile. I guess I just want some larger Joy-Cons.

This exactly. And an 8" 1080p screen is a win, if it's an oled......if it's lcd they can keep it.

Botw 1 + 2 remakes incoming at $90 each lol, I bet!

Last edited:

mystech

This definitely looks more realistic than that last “leak” talking about 8gb of RAM and 120hz screen.

Teraflops are not everything but 2 Tflops in handheld mode and up to 4.5 docked is a good sign. That puts it just above base PS4 in handheld and slightly above a PS4 Pro when docked. That alone is great but having Nvidias DLSS means the switch 2 won’t have to use brute force power alone to deliver great visuals. Raising resolution takes away a lot of processing power so just the ability to display internally at 720p and use A.I. to output at 1440 - 2160 should give the Switch 2 a unique edge. With 16 gb of RAM and the right DLSS configuration, this thing should give better visuals than a Series S when docked! (Series S is 4 tflops and 10gb of RAM but it’s using brute force to produce graphics rather than the Smarter - not - Harder approach that the Switch 2 can use with DLSS).

Definitely looking forward to seeing how Nintendo uses this graphical jump. Mario Kart, Metroid and Zelda should be phenomenal. Game freak will probably keep pumping out the same trash though 😂

Last edited:
Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Maybe best to call it [rumour] rather than [leak], come on. We just had another one that even sounds far more legit yet is different to this and should also just be called a rumour. To call it a real leak is to claim it's 100% confirmed by an actual confirmed source that showed receipts etc., this is lying.

Last edited:

Luipadre

Sounds too good for nintendo

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Bojji

Favourable comparison to RTX 3000 Graphics cards? That's a little bit vague.

Slowest Ampere I could find is 5.5TF:

It's faster than top GPUs of 2013 so this console (4.5TF docked) should easily be faster than PS4 just in Raw performance (without use of DLSS etc.)

Rbcg6Xl.jpg
Zrzut-ekranu-2024-01-11-155036.png

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
That's a huge performance cut when not docked... like a 50% cut.
No thanks.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
This is not a leak, it's just a compilation of the random speculation and rumors we had last year.
Useless thread.

Regginator

These "leaks" are all over the place. Some say 120hz screen but 8GB of RAM, others like this say 60hz screen with 16GB of RAM. Might as well "leak" nothing if they're this far apart. Let's just wait it out.

SCB3

Have you tried the Split Pad pros?

Lites

They're supposed to be really good

Woopah

That's Brazilian Portuguese. It says that's a compilation of the leaked stuff so far. Not a new leak or anything. So we're back to square one.
Yeah....this is the same speculation we had last year.

It comes from Brazilian journalist 'Necro' Felipe and is a mixture of the Nvidia leak and things he has personally heard.

calistan

After using a Steam Deck for the past few weeks, I like how it feels after a few hours
By that time Steam Deck is attached to the wall by its very short cable, charging up again for another two-hour gaming marathon.

My wish is that they make Switch 2 last longer on battery power than Switch 1, but I suspect it won't be the case.

phant0m

Yeah. I can’t play Switch handheld anymore. If it’s not docked I have to put it on kickstand and detach the joycons.

Favourable comparison to RTX 3000 Graphics cards? That's a little bit vague.
I think it's a bad translation or maybe interpretation. They meant to say that it has the same feature-set as what's on the RTX 3000 Series (e.g. DLSS, Reflex and RT). That's kinda it.

I've also seen this "leak" yesterday when it was posted on reddit and decided not to post it for obvious reasons.

Need to know the Back Compat details, If it's got no strings attached back compat I can Trade in my OLED Switch at Gamestop. If it dosn't then I'm keeping the OLED Switch.

Quasicat

Yeah. I can’t play Switch handheld anymore. If it’s not docked I have to put it on kickstand and detach the joycons.
This is how I play it when it‘s not docked…especially after upgrading to the OLED with the better kickstand. It’s one of the main reasons why my Switch goes to work with me on most days when I have some time to play.

Regginator

I have the first one and they're amazing. The only downsides are you miss out on gyro and I think rumble as well, but other than that they're absolutely flawless, especially if you've got bigger than average hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom