• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Speculation* The Next Assassin’s Creed Could Possibly Go to Feudal Japan.

Kagero

Just release it in two years. This and next year is going to be over saturated. Heck I would even say wait three years. Either way, I'm all for it.

scalman

Yes i would like that or any other area time period. Just maybe get rid of too much rpg elements next time and make better algoritms to create random side missions.

wzy

They should let Japanese people make the next Assassin's Creed game, so they can finally have one that doesn't suck ass.

Warablo

Origins was kinda cool, but felt the story was wasted for it being in Egypt. Feel like they could have did so much more. Odyssey looks exactly the same as Origins but a less interesting setting.

Last edited:
Where could a potential final Assassin's Creed be set? What could have the series go out with a bang?

Ancient Rome would seem to make thematic sense, tying it in with the Ezio games, but that might be too similar to Odyssey.

I'd like a viking assassins creed game.

Yeah, that'd be awesome.

Assassin's Creed Rogue already referenced Viking stuff.

Hudo

AC in Japan (Bakumatsu period would be cool but I will be satisfied with anything, haha), AC set in the Roman empire and AC set during WW1 are all the ACs I still need. But Origins was a very nice surprise, so I'll be open to other things as well. Sadly, Odyssey didn't do much for me. Maybe because I had just played Origins before.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
After playing AC Odyssey, I do not trust them with Fuedal Japan. I do not need them trying to sterilize history yet again or to push outright lies.

AC in Japan (Bakumatsu period would be cool but I will be satisfied with anything, haha), AC set in the Roman empire and AC set during WW1 are all the ACs I still need. But Origins was a very nice surprise, so I'll be open to other things as well. Sadly, Odyssey didn't do much for me. Maybe because I had just played Origins before.

WW1 would be a very different and interesting setting for an AC game.

Top Bottom