• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

speedpop's mini Constantine review

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I know this isn't out in US as of yet, but it's been out in Singapore since the 8th and finally picked up my butt and went to see it.

Not too sure if there are any Hellblazer fanatics here, but I thought it was a pretty decent rendition.. might I even say, the better version of a comic-to-film transition as there was a good storyline to it that wasn't totally full of shit. Constantine himself was done well, albeit American and black-haired :lol His attitude though was pretty spot-on. Not to say Reeves is the best actor, but he did pretty well. I was expecting another Neo/Mr. Anderson performance.

Lucifer
was awesome. Just how I expected him to be. Hell was awesome too from the glimpses we saw now and again. Demons were great and some of the effects were really well done.. people complain about CG effects in movies, go watch this you pieces of trash and then tell me that CG needs to be ousted out to make a good movie.

I have an inkling of a feeling that many Matrix fans will see Reeves all over it and go watch this just because the trailer put it that way, but the movie shits all over what Matrix was trying to get to. I also read that if there is a sequel, that Reeves won't take on the position of Constantine again unless Francis Lawrence is hired for directorship again - which to me sounds great since Lawrence did a great job with this when he could've totally screwed it up.

Anyway, 8/10 for me.

edit: I forgot, the ending was actually good. Not sure whether it's spoiler worthy.. doesn't really tell the ending whatsoever but I may as well.
Was totally expecting a soppy stupid guy getting the girl ending with him kicking arse over everything. Got the complete opposite which was great. Subdued endings are the best.

Trevelyon

I saw a clip of this the other day, some scene with Reeves' character exorcising a demon into a mirror. Looked really cool, though the CG was pretty woeful.

I'll probably go see this opening weekend.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
speedpop said:
Demons were great and some of the effects were really well done.. people complain about CG effects in movies, go watch this you pieces of trash and then tell me that CG needs to be ousted out to make a good movie.
i can really enjoy a CG movie, but it becomes a problem when everything else goes to the back seat because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom