• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash reviews are in

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I absolutely LOVED MoS, BvS:UE, ZSJL, WW1, Aquaman, TSS, The Flash... I LIKED SS, Black Adam, Shazam 1 and Shazam 2... I TOLERATED Birds of Prey and WW2...

I think both Zack and James are amazing storytellers in their own rights. I was happy with Zack's work and James's work. GOTG3 was epic, IMO. TSS had a lot of heart and great action! He's the right guy to head up the creative side of DC. I hope that one day he'll bring Zack back to beef up the cinematography and action, tho James does a great job for both.

Ulysses 31

Just watched it, good movie fuck JG for resetting the dcu.
What makes you think JG will do so much better?

Starting with with Blue Beetle and Superman's Legacy(shouldn't the focus be on what comes before the legacy)?

Also a show about a Justice League knock off is coming before the actual Justice League?

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
I have seen it and I must say I liked it. It wasn't anything special, but Flash wasn't as annoying as in Justice League. And that he slowed himself down helped the movie. General Zod fight with his minions was just fun again. However, the Cgi was often abysmal.

DKehoe

Anyone who choose another actor over Henry cavill for Superman is a dumbass in my book
How does that make him a hack? You can disagree with the casting decision. That's totally fine. But he's not a hack for choosing to go in a different direction.

DKehoe

Pretty much all of James Gunn's movies have been good to great. The man is anything BUT a hack!
Hack seems to have lost all meaning recently. To me a hack is someone who doesn't really care about their work, they're just churning out something for a paycheque. Obviously a lot of Gunn's recent work will have earned him a lot of money but it seems like he's personally invested in it. I don't even think someone has to be making great stuff to not be a hack. Someone like Michael Bay might not be consistently making the greatest films of all time but he clearly cares about what he makes and has a personal style he's infusing them with.

BigStef71

Neo Member
Hack seems to have lost all meaning recently. To me a hack is someone who doesn't really care about their work, they're just churning out something for a paycheque. Obviously a lot of Gunn's recent work will have earned him a lot of money but it seems like he's personally invested in it. I don't even think someone has to be making great stuff to not be a hack. Someone like Michael Bay might not be consistently making the greatest films of all time but he clearly cares about what he makes and has a personal style he's infusing them with.
Same thing when people call Snyder a hack when it's the furthest thing from the truth. I'm sick of the negativity from both sides. I think Snyder Gunn Bay and even Abrams are very talented directors. I obviously love Snyders films and wish he got to finish his story he was going to tell but that's okay I'll continue to support his next project Rebel Moon and hope it will be one of his best films. Same thing with Gunn, I was upset they're rebooting but I will be there to support Superman Legacy and his DCU hoping they'll make great films. The only mistake they made is announcing the reboot before flash and aquaman released. I truly think that's the reason the film bombed as well as it being a crowded summer for movies. I really liked the film to be honest. I would've liked to see that Affleck scene that was cut and same with Henry's scene at the end.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Same thing when people call Snyder a hack when it's the furthest thing from the truth. I'm sick of the negativity from both sides. I think Snyder Gunn Bay and even Abrams are very talented directors. I obviously love Snyders films and wish he got to finish his story he was going to tell but that's okay I'll continue to support his next project Rebel Moon and hope it will be one of his best films. Same thing with Gunn, I was upset they're rebooting but I will be there to support Superman Legacy and his DCU hoping they'll make great films. The only mistake they made is announcing the reboot before flash and aquaman released. I truly think that's the reason the film bombed as well as it being a crowded summer for movies. I really liked the film to be honest. I would've liked to see that Affleck scene that was cut and same with Henry's scene at the end.

Agreed on all fronts! We need more genuine positivity!

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I dont know if hes a hack but i am more upset at the WB execs for essentially cancelling a series mid season. We have invested close to a hundred dollars on these DCEU movies these last 10 years and we literally didnt get to see the ending because they dont want to shell out the $400-600 million needed to shoot the last two justice league movies.

fuck off. im not watching any of their new trash. how are they any different from netflix who cancels tv series on a whim leaving fans who invested hours watching it holding their dicks wondering they wasted so much time on something without an ending.

Loved Man of Steel pretty much from the beginning, though i'm a self admitted Snyder fan even with some of his duds that I find hilariously bad, I still have a soft spot for his style since I first watched Dawn of the Dead remake 15+ years ago. I really liked how the DCU was starting but it became very apparent starting with BvS that they were def. winging it more than they should have. Even then, I may not have liked the stories being told, I thought the casting of most of the DCU was pretty good. Miller as Flash does a great job imo, even if the dude himself is kinda crazy.

I think some of the sequences in The Flash are so stupid that they circle back around past stupid to sorta fun. It's very much a tribute flick and I liked it, I do think it set up some great potential for the future and it's a shame we'll never see anything come from that. Not a great superhero movie, but I've wasted more time watching worse super hero flicks in the past. I'd give it a solid 6/10. Worth at least 1 watch.

gatti-man

How does that make him a hack? You can disagree with the casting decision. That's totally fine. But he's not a hack for choosing to go in a different direction.
How about the writing in guardians 2&3? Pretty much the entire back half of peacemaker? The entirety of “the suicide squad”? Zero about James gun’s writing makes me enthusiastic for DC.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I dont know if hes a hack but i am more upset at the WB execs for essentially cancelling a series mid season. We have invested close to a hundred dollars on these DCEU movies these last 10 years and we literally didnt get to see the ending because they dont want to shell out the $400-600 million needed to shoot the last two justice league movies.

fuck off. im not watching any of their new trash. how are they any different from netflix who cancels tv series on a whim leaving fans who invested hours watching it holding their dicks wondering they wasted so much time on something without an ending.

Counterpoint would be there are probably far more people who hated the DCEU than wanted to see it play out.

I get that some are still upset that Snyder didn’t get to see out his plan, but WB were right not to pursue it. In fact, they should have cancelled the whole thing after Josstice League, and they’ve been punished for carrying on with it.

Top Bottom