• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Speedrunning Thread - RESETRESETRESET

FireSol

We have to see who's gonna pick it up though because sure as hell Paul is going to drop it for a while... Hanage only does the weekly race and JoeDamillio is more focused on SM/LttP.

There is new runner Vruche(if I'm not mistaken), who progress very quicly, Paul sad that he might be WR holder in the future

Demon's approaching the 2 hour mark in Wind Waker any% with a very solid run, if anyone's interested. sub-4 pace, though more likely than not something will go wrong.

twitch.tv/demoon9

LordAlu

Demon's approaching the 2 hour mark in Wind Waker any% with a very solid run, if anyone's interested. sub-4 pace, though more likely than not something will go wrong.

twitch.tv/demoon9
RIP Wind Waker

xmuPK.jpg

LeleSocho

Banned
apparently adam AK is done with GDQ events

Joshimuz too apparently even if he never did go to any GDQ events, yet i still have to understand what the hell happened last SGDQ and before that got everyone so mad and that leaded to werster ban.
Surely can't be only the awkward Crash run...

Velcro Fly

Everything is so rated PG now. The fun and soul have been sucked out of the event I feel. Not even talking just about bonus stream. It's like anything remotely fun and refreshing is gone from the event. And when you get a run or commentary that is actually fun (PCULL and Mr. Weables doing that race this year) people freak out. Like whoa I heard a couple dick jokes in there and people on twitter and reddit were freaking the fuck out. It's no longer just a bunch of friends hanging out and playing games with the side effect of raising money. It's like a corporate event now. And if you do things that reflect poorly, you aren't allowed in! It seems so juvenile to actually ban someone.

I know Adam was super pissed during SGDQ about how that one runner was handled and even posted screens of people who help run the event blocking him on twitter because he was speaking out. But he was already saying that he doubted he'd ever go to a GDQ again anyway so it can't just be that.

apparently adam AK is done with GDQ events
I think a lot of the 'old guard' will go this way unfortunately. I don't have issues with the way GDQs are currently run, but I won't be surprised when a splinter marathon shows up and takes a lot of the established runners.

FireSol

Everything is so rated PG now. The fun and soul have been sucked out of the event I feel. Not even talking just about bonus stream. It's like anything remotely fun and refreshing is gone from the event. And when you get a run or commentary that is actually fun (PCULL and Mr. Weables doing that race this year) people freak out. Like whoa I heard a couple dick jokes in there and people on twitter and reddit were freaking the fuck out. It's no longer just a bunch of friends hanging out and playing games with the side effect of raising money. It's like a corporate event now. And if you do things that reflect poorly, you aren't allowed in! It seems so juvenile to actually ban someone

Pretty much this! Last year GDQs for me was almost slepeless nights, this year I've miss alot of runs, but I feel no sadness because of that. There was bright moments, like Big Jon, Witwix and bunch of other runs, but the atmosphere wasnt there, runners cant comment runs how they usually do, now they need to chooce words carefully, becasue some one is to sensitive. Good think that we have ESA

Velcro Fly

lol runners getting cut because they didn't register

including a runner like calebhart that brings in tons of viewers and donations and usually makes a sizable donation himself

this is 100% what is wrong with the GDQ scene in a nutshell

they were also going to screw over a runner that registered before everything had to be wiped and everyone had to re-register.

and all of this BS being tweeted out by the GDQmonitor meme account and not by the actual gamesdonequick account.

I love romscout but the way this stuff is organized and has gone down lately is so bullshit.

lol runners getting cut because they didn't register

including a runner like calebhart that brings in tons of viewers and donations and usually makes a sizable donation himself

this is 100% what is wrong with the GDQ scene in a nutshell

they were also going to screw over a runner that registered before everything had to be wiped and everyone had to re-register.

and all of this BS being tweeted out by the GDQmonitor meme account and not by the actual gamesdonequick account.

I love romscout but the way this stuff is organized and has gone down lately is so bullshit.
Romscout is only sgdq afaik

Velcro Fly

i thought he was doing stuff for both now

anyway it's awful they don't even talk to runners before cutting their run

pretty fucking sick they can treat volunteers like absolute shit while being contracted employees and making money themselves off this shit

i'm with werster and AdamAK and the rest that are saying fuck GDQs. I'll donate like always but I won't watch like I used to.

the whole motto of "we corporate now" is bullshit and ruins things. the GDQ staff has been awful with getting things done since September. Delays, glitches, making people re-register, little communication other than from the meme twitter account, etc. And people register a few hours late and their runs get cut. Attendance is FREE for all runners. What a load of shit.

I just don't know how you would fix it at this point. On one hand, the success of the charity drive side is amazing (despite my gripes with PCF and several other things). But the event and stream seem like they're run more poorly every marathon.

There's a lot of genuine passion and effort that gets put into the GDQs, but they've completely outgrown themselves to the point where they're just not as enjoyable as they were in years past.

I wish I could attend another GDQ in the future, but I don't see myself doing so unless a number of my grievances are resolved.

The planning for GDQ this time around is sloppy, I don't know why and not going to point fingers but I honestly expect a mess this year.

Velcro Fly

GDQ drama is at an all time high considering the event is still 6 or 7 weeks away.

It speaks to how shitty it is run that something like that would lapse though.

JoeFu

Banned
Lol what happened? Haven't watched a speed run in quite a while. So agdq is jacked, what about sgdq?

I think the only runner I watch nowadays is bigjon whenever I'm bored and nothing else is going on. Kinda weird when speedruns were all I watched for a while.

Top Bottom