• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man – Gameplay Launch Trailer | PS4

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Do whatever you want, I am just pointing out how ridiculous it is.
I don't understand what's so "ridiculous" about people hyping the game they want to play. Do you read your own post? You complaining about why people hyping the game you don't like.

nowhat

Let people be excited for things. What's the harm?
complaining.jpg

Danjin44

Why do you care so much?
I could ask you the same thing. Why do you care people hyping this game? It's seems like you already dicided that you won't like the game no matter what and if that's the case then why even bother posting here and complaining about why other people like the game more than you do?

thelastword

Banned
Any of the developers of those games were at the level of Insomniac?

This time Marvel looked for developers to get the game done. Before, developers would pay Marvel to get the license to produce the game.

It makes all the difference. If you ever get to play this game, make sure to compare it to for example The Amazing Spider-Man 2, while it was not trash, I'd bet Imnsoniac's will be way more polished.

That said, I know that you are not being serious and it's just console war stuff, the 20% bonus on metacritic gave you away. Almost got us, though!
Yet, I'm sure he absolutely loved Sunset Overdrive. Still Insomniac makes the best superhero games outside of Rocksteady, best ones IMO. I still remember the first time I played Infamous 1, that game was so addictive I could not put it down till I finished. I did an all nighter on that one....I like Insomniac's superhero games because of how fluid they are. All the infamous games have lightning traversal and follow a quick pace, very responsive controls and feels good to play. Yet, not only did this Spiderman game get a good budget, it had Marvel and Sony backing it with everything Insmoniac would need to make it great. Marvel with the lore/story/authenticity and Sony with the money and some SWWS help....

As for the bolded, I've seen him say that for every Sony exclusive. Apparently Sony games are being overrated and MS games are being underrated. Sea of Thieves, Super Lucky Tales, Ryse, Quantum Break, State of Decay all deserve to be in the 90's I imagine....

He is right? So now you guys are the metric by how ppl feel about games? We have other threads where ppl feel the same about Nintendo games and i feel Zelda was wayyyyyyyy over hyped but i know that my taste is my taste and I really believe some ppl really enjoyed the game the way the scores reflect. If anything I've seen Sony exclusives in the past get dogged for %hit other games didn't get dogged for e.g. Starhawk (dogged for tutorial type campaign yet other games didnt get docked for similar campaigns), Drive Club (Online wasnt working for a few months, however, Halo Collection was borked for a year lol and reviewers scored it high), and a list of other games. Stop the nonsense.

The narratives ppl push over inanimate objects and dedication to that is insane lol Some Sony exclusives score that high and are praised even in the graphics department because they are just that good. I hope this scores really well so the tears can flow.
Absolutely. Starhawk was ripped a new one, even though it was a solid game. There's is still nothing like MAG and that was ahead of it's time. Warhawk was pure nirvana online and if that was on LIVE, I'm sure it would score a 90+ from it's current 84 MC, yet nobody complained, people just enjoyed warhawk and called it great. Even with DC, the content DC had at launch, that was more than enough content for most, plenty journalists could not even complete the launch content, but they marked DC down due to a lack of content. It's online servers was a bit problematic at launch, but that was soon fixed, yet, with some great social features and leaderboards which is all a bit heavier on server load, nobody gave them a thumbs up for that........Yet BF4 and THE MCC got great reviews before journalists even played a match online, or with problems so chronic that even hardcore Halo fans blew a gasket, BF4 at launch (oh boyyy), yet I did not see points deducted or any of that sort. I still remember a trend last gen, where Polygon pioneered journalists deducting scores off multiplat PS3 games because it run a few frames worse and look a bit muddier.

Yet people spin this review thing however suits their agenda. I personally don't care for reviews anymore. I hardly read them, yet I was on a site called videogamereview way back in the PS2 days which had a great format for user reviews, that is before user reviews were riddled with 0 scores based on which piece of plastic you preferred. So yes, even back then, I preferred reading well written user reviews from persons who actually played the games, I picked up many PS2 classics as a result, games I probably would have never played in a sea of PS2 titles.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Yet, I'm sure he absolutely loved Sunset Overdrive. Still Insomniac makes the best superhero games outside of Rocksteady, best ones IMO. I still remember the first time I played Infamous 1, that game was so addictive I could not put it down till I finished. I did an all nighter on that one....I like Insomniac's superhero games because of how fluid they are. All the infamous games have lightning traversal and follow a quick pace, very responsive controls and feels good to play. Yet, not only did this Spiderman game get a good budget, it had Marvel and Sony backing it with everything Insmoniac would need to make it great. Marvel with the lore/story/authenticity and Sony with the money and some SWWS help....
You do know that InFAMOUS made by Sucker Punch not by Insomniac?

thelastword

Banned
You do know that InFAMOUS made by Sucker Punch not by Insomniac?
Lol, got that mixed up....Thanks, Sony exclusives anyway....Still Insomniac has the chops to make a good spiderman game, seems they took a page from Suckerpunch tbh...

Looks so much like a Suckerpunch game ;)

Last edited:

demigod

Yet people spin this review thing however suits their agenda. I personally don't care for reviews anymore. I hardly read them, yet I was on a site called videogamereview way back in the PS2 days which had a great format for user reviews, that is before user reviews were riddled with 0 scores based on which piece of plastic you preferred. So yes, even back then, I preferred reading well written user reviews from persons who actually played the games, I picked up many PS2 classics as a result, games I probably would have never played in a sea of PS2 titles.

Hey i hear Sea of Thieves is very good from users on here, maybe you should buy it.

thelastword

Banned
Hey i hear Sea of Thieves is very good from users on here, maybe you should buy it.
Tbh, I thought SOT would be better, never liked Rare's artsyle, but from the time I saw those boxy looking characters, I knew it was not for me....Now Ubisoft's Skull and Bones, that's right up my alley......Gameplay looks solid on that as well...

Still, If I get 3 months of gamepass for $9.99, I may put Horizon 4 through it's paces come October and give SOT a whirl regardless, hopefully with SOT being Crossplay between XBOX and PC, there should be millions playing come October ;)

Gamernyc78

Banned

As for the bolded, I've seen him say that for every Sony exclusive. Apparently Sony games are being overrated and MS games are being underrated. Sea of Thieves, Super Lucky Tales, Ryse, Quantum Break, State of Decay all deserve to be in the 90's I imagine....

Absolutely. Starhawk was ripped a new one, even though it was a solid game. There's is still nothing like MAG and that was ahead of it's time. Warhawk was pure nirvana online and if that was on LIVE, I'm sure it would score a 90+ from it's current 84 MC, yet nobody complained, people just enjoyed warhawk and called it great. Even with DC, the content DC had at launch, that was more than enough content for most, plenty journalists could not even complete the launch content, but they marked DC down due to a lack of content. It's online servers was a bit problematic at launch, but that was soon fixed, yet, with some great social features and leaderboards which is all a bit heavier on server load, nobody gave them a thumbs up for that........Yet BF4 and THE MCC got great reviews before journalists even played a match online, or with problems so chronic that even hardcore Halo fans blew a gasket, BF4 at launch (oh boyyy), yet I did not see points deducted or any of that sort. I still remember a trend last gen, where Polygon pioneered journalists deducting scores off multiplat PS3 games because it run a few frames worse and look a bit muddier.

I concur 100000000%, that is why now I only look at one or two sites that based off experience have been in line with my tastes (East Allies is actually my go-to review site).

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
But you're not being honest, you're just hammering in your "fuck sony" narrative...

Wha? In other threads he crapped on Yakuza and Bloodborne... oh wait maybe you are right.

Nat3yBo1

Neo Member
I don't write too often, mostly just get my gaming news and keep to myself...but this game looks the AMAZING Spooderman! Please don't ban me.

kingbean

Please tell me how many times people were hyping up a Spider-man game, or any superhero game, this much. Even the best one, Arkham Asylum, was kind of a surprise, and not hyped for months in advance as if it was the next greatest thing ever made.

I'm only excited because its Insomniac. I wish all of their games were playable on all systems, they make such good games it's a shame they're only on one platform, save for Sunset Overdrive.

Top Bottom