• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-man 2 leaked gameplay

Pure menacing nature. Almost as scary as Nemesis IMO.

Stiff competition from Phantom Liberty, AW2, and potentially Avatar but it's undoubtedly up there.

I think it prob has to be based on genre type. Overall I think HFW: Burning Shores is probably still the champ so far this gen; some would say Cyberpunk 2077 but many of them are playing on tricked-out rigs with 4090s and i9s, of course the game'd look amazing on that.

Spiderman 2 is definitely in Top 10 though if just talking games in general, maybe even in the Top 5.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Pure menacing nature. Almost as scary as Nemesis IMO.

I think it prob has to be based on genre type. Overall I think HFW: Burning Shores is probably still the champ so far this gen; some would say Cyberpunk 2077 but many of them are playing on tricked-out rigs with 4090s and i9s, of course the game'd look amazing on that.

Spiderman 2 is definitely in Top 10 though if just talking games in general, maybe even in the Top 5.

Man how could I forget about Burning Shores!? FFXVI shadow rendering also deserves recognition. It's turning out to be a pretty good year for graphics.

SyberWolf

Lets Go Nba GIF by Storyful

going on vacation 6 days after it releases so lets go! I don't think they will let me take my PS5 on the plane
i dont see why not, i take consoles with me almost every time i travel.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
looking forward to this, just hope its more Peter and less miles.

they can both have seperare games I just want the Peter story to be focused on him

Arun1910

Skipped to see some of the free roam swinging with the tricks and it looks so much better than the vanilla swinging that was shown off in the demo.

So stoked for this.

Oof85

I must be totally out of touch with the average gamer tastes but how can anyone find that 25 min boss battle remotely funny to play

QTE -> "Spectacular" non playable scene -> QTE -> kill a few ads (funniest part actually) -> QTE -> non playable scene -> Repeat
You're not alone.

Mechanically it seems very thin.

Lotta cool shots and moments but nothing that empowers the player in moment to moment gameplay.

Some people love it though.

I will say, some of the fits in the MM expansion was 👨‍🍳 💋 fire. The game around them bore me though.

MrA

hmmm day -6 update, that's a new one,
anyway, looks like a refined spiderman 2018 with some new features, shocking I tell you,
looks great and worth the price tag, but I'm a cheapskate with plenty else to play, so I'll just wait til it's 20 bucks

Luipadre

hmmm day -6 update, that's a new one,
anyway, looks like a refined spiderman 2018 with some new features, shocking I tell you,
looks great and worth the price tag, but I'm a cheapskate with plenty else to play, so I'll just wait til it's 20 bucks

I bet there will be more patches until release. Insomniac is great with the last minute polish stuff

KXVXII9X

Okay, yeah... As much at this is still kind of sticks to the same formula and feels more the same, it is still MILES (pun intended lol) above most games in terms of presentation and getting you excited for the story. I really miss having a PlayStation after mine got fried.

drotahorror

I'm not saying you can't predict a score, but I think it's ridiculous to say you will be shocked if it scores 92 or less. Those are average scores, what in the footage makes you think 93-94 is plausible and 92 suddenly isn't?
And when you look at most of the bigger games from well-known studios, average scores in the 80-90 range are quite common, so predicting 85-ish for such games is a pretty safe bet.
It's really cringe honestly. And this is a leaked gameplay thread not a predict the score or review thread.

Thread was 16 minutes old and buddy was bustin nuts about review scores. Just..I can't even...

clarky

Gold Member
Looks like Spider Man Miles Morales DLC with a somewhat upgraded lighting model.
For a big budget next gen exclusive sequel to a sales blockbuster like SM I´d really hoped they`d invest more effort on the technological front.
Seemed like a pretty decent step up to me. This gen is a bust if your looking for something to completely blow your socks off unless your on a high end PC.

No matter how much people try to hype this game up, I just can't be bothered to care as I am just so over the whole Marvel super hero theme.

I enjoyed the first one, even got the Platinum for it and for the Miles game. Technically I thought it was superb for a PS4 game and the combat definitely has its moments.

My main problem is the QTE stuff and I hope the sequel has a better sense of pacing, no Mary Jane stealth stuff and the side missions in particular are not copy and paste filler.

As much as I enjoyed it and have love for Insomniac, Rocksteady’s Batman games have not been toppled in the superhero video game category IMHO.

jayj

Banned
I enjoyed the first one, even got the Platinum for it and for the Miles game. Technically I thought it was superb for a PS4 game and the combat definitely has its moments.

My main problem is the QTE stuff and I hope the sequel has a better sense of pacing, no Mary Jane stealth stuff and the side missions in particular are not copy and paste filler.

As much as I enjoyed it and have love for Insomniac, Rocksteady’s Batman games have not been toppled in the superhero video game category IMHO.
I mean there's a reason why I got the remaster of the first one when I got PS Premium and downloaded the Miles spinoff, but I honestly feel like I am perfectly satisfied only owning the original and having played the spinoff. Like it was fun checking out what they could do with this concept, but now it's a "been there seen that" scenario for me. By now it feels like most of the hype on Spiderman 2 is simply the next-gen aspect of it, fans wanting to see what kind of advancements are made with it's proper PS5 focus. Good for them I guess, but it's not going to make me buy it. Might play it when it hits a PS+ tier though.

Last edited:
I dont judge them for making safe sequels, but they have to intercalate with some fresh stuff.

GOW, Horizon, Spider-man with no big new IP in between

We have a console refresh coming soon and there's some smoke about Pro consoles, and the only great new IP we had so far was Returnal.

Dont agree with Ragnarok, I think it had terrible pacing and rehashed too much from the first one, but thank God that they are now on a new IP

And Cyberpunk may be inconsistent, but still looks better to me than what I've seen from Spider-man 2. It may not have RT reflections or fancy SSD usage, but character models and lighting are amazing. Phantom Liberty looks insane.

And I couldnt disagree more about your comment on NPC character models. Most of them are crazy detailed. Comparing them to any NPC from a Spider-man game would be unfair.
Is time for a LASIK surgery… 😉

Buggy Loop

We certainly needed news ideas such as stopping out of control cars with webs. Gonna be 10/10.

Last edited:

Crayon

Graphics are notably better than the first, but does show the limits of the jump we are getting this time. It's good that there is remastered to compare to. You can see 2 against the original game like for like. That is, with the framerate doubled, resolution pumped up, and the light rt. For what power is left over after that, this bump in the overall fidelity is about what I would expect from going cross gen to current. Not to say it won't be improved on, but this is the difference I would expect at this point. SM2 here has better materials with better lighting on them + more density and busyness to the environment. At this point, I could say that as a presumably ground-up game, wolverine could blow this away or it might be just a little better still. I'm betting on just a little unless there is a pro out and they actually leverage it.

Last edited:
Graphics are notably better than the first, but does show the limits of the jump we are getting this time. It's good that there is remastered to compare to. You can see 2 against the original game like for like. That is, with the framerate doubled, resolution pumped up, and the light rt. For what power is left over after that, this bump in the overall fidelity is about what I would expect from going cross gen to current. Not to say it won't be improved on, but this is the difference I would expect at this point. SM2 here has better materials with better lighting on them + more density and busyness to the environment. At this point, I could say that as a presumably ground-up game, wolverine could blow this oway or it might be just a little better still. I'm betting on just a little unless there is a pro out and they actually leverage it.
Wolverine surely won't be open world, so I'm sure the graphics will be buffed. In SM2, I assume launching Spider-Man across the map at high speeds while replicating NYC's busy environment limits graphics ability. It still looks great to me. I'm not a massive graphics whore tho. It seems like Insomniac has really invested in improving the gameplay. Hopefully it's not as repetitive as previous entry

Last edited:
Funny enough, I went through LASIK years ago

And yeah, call me crazy for thinking that character models look better on Cyberpunk

Captured by me on my PS5, btw

fHuwJvv.jpg
E2Kaje7.jpg
Now go up to random NPC's and show the difference. I love Cyberpunk but it can be really hit or miss when it comes to looking amazing and only just good. You showing high quality character models in a non-combative sequence is misleading

Hugare

Now go up to random NPC's and show the difference. I love Cyberpunk but it can be really hit or miss when it comes to looking amazing and only just good. You showing high quality character models in a non-combative sequence is misleading
I'm showing high quality character models in a non-combative sequence that you can compare to character models in non-combative sequences from Spider-man 2

Man, seriously?

Cyberpunk has one of the best NPCs in open world games to date, only losing to HFW

C6sOZa7.jpg
GVmo81f.jpg
l15PZdw.jpg

You have tons of threads on Reddit with random NPCs that look gorgeous

Now show some from Spider-man. They were not impressive at all both in Spider-man and MM.

Not even main characters models are impressive, let alone NPCs

I'll end this discussion here tho 'cause it went way off topic already, but pics tells more than words

Last edited:

Crayon

Wolverine surely won't be open world, so I'm sure the graphics will be buffed. In SM2, I assume launching Spider-Man across the map at high speeds while replicating NYC's busy environment limits graphics ability. It still looks great to me. I'm not a massive graphics whore tho. It seems like Insomniac has really invested in improving the gameplay. Hopefully it's not as repetitive as previous entry

Playing sm2 as we speak. Have to take a breather from ac6. It is definitely repetitive and I hope the sequel is better. I'm not that into superheroes, although I think spider man and batman would be my favorites. I think Batman is just cool and I actually like spiderman because he's always a great charcter to play in a game. So I'm not invested int the story or charcters at all. That makes this game essentially a beatemup for me. Which is fin but I just pick it up once in a while when I want to play a fancy beatemup.

You have a good point about wolverine. I forgot that it is not open world. Focusing resources on smaller areas can do a lot for the overall graphical impression of a game. Or even different scenes in the same game. Here's hoping that it's going to have a lot of visual punch. Even if it's just a little better than this, it will still be a graphical milestone. I'm sure of that.

M1987

Man, seriously?

Cyberpunk has the best NPCs in open world games to date

C6sOZa7.jpg
GVmo81f.jpg
l15PZdw.jpg

You have tons of threads on Reddit with random NPCs that look gorgeous

Now show some from Spider-man. They were not impressive at all both in Spider-man and MM.

Not even main characters models are impressive, let alone NPCs

I'll end this discussion here tho 'cause it went way off topic already, but pics tells more than words
HFW has the best NPCs by far

Hestar69

looks good insomnaic always makes good games. I wish they would go back to infamous for their next game ( I doubt that ever happens sadly)

Top Bottom