• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man 2 will get New Game Plus and Mission Replay

ckaneo

I wonder if new game plus is already finished but Sony is making them drop it later to extend the lifespan on the game

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I take months to years and never touch NG+ modes.
In some games playing NG+ is essential, like in ACVI. Some people think its similar to Souls game NG+ but its actually much closer to Drakengard/Nier A/B/C Routes.

Last edited:
Not an issue for me and I'd imagine what is the vast majority of players. I don't typically finish games for at least a few weeks or even a month or two, depending on the game of course.

FeralEcho

It's a real bummer for me considering Miles had it at launch and new game plus is pretty worthless months after i finish the game since i like jumping into another playthrough as soon as i finish it the first time but oh well...

Also in a game like this with costume unlocks tied to progression it's gonna render some costumes absolutely useless unless they somehow remain unlocked when you start a new game regardless.

Last edited:
In some games playing NG+ is essential, like in ACVI. Some people think its similar to Souls game NG+ but its actually much closer to Drakengard/Nier A/B/C Routes.
So far my strategy has been to not git gud enough to beat Souls games to get to the NG+. Or didn't keep interest long enough to keep grinding levels I guess. However people beat them. ha

After reading some responses…

c1739969f850b64474a8445a763e143f.jpg

Three

Missing basic features that were present in their previous Spider-Man game is not a good look.
Dude, almost all Sony games have added NG+ in an update including the previous spiderman

Kind of makes that other thread flexing about how the game is complete on the disc and no need for internet connection even sillier.

No it don't.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Always nice to be able to replay a mission without starting your character progression from scratch. It used to be a bog standard feature, but a lot of games do skip it now. Nice.

I'm a bit verklempt that those feature complete disks aren't going to have it on there though. :messenger_winking_tongue:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Since NG+ isn't there, I hope the game does a pretty blatant job of letting the player know where the point of no return is, for collectible mopping etc.

Laieon

I don't know about you guys, but when I want to NG+, it's usually immediately after finishing a game, not months later when I've already forgotten how to play the game and what all my abilities/skills do. I still haven't gone back to GoW Ragnarok NG+ and I likely never will.

While I agree on a large scale, I've always found that Spider-Man is very easy to pick up and play. The abilities, skill trees, etc.. in the 1st weren't exactly deep, so it's always been easy to just jump back into it.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Dude, almost all Sony games have added NG+ in an update including the previous spiderman

I said their previous Spider-Man game, learn to read. Miles Morales launched with NG+, mission replay and ability to change time of day after you’re done with the main story.

No it don't.

Missing features, LOD streaming bugs, 30GB day one patch… yeah they shouldn’t flex.

Garibaldi

Missing features, LOD streaming bugs, 30GB day one patch… yeah they shouldn’t flex.
Yeah, I did find it particularly hilarious that after stating it was complete, they drop an update that's about 40% of the whole install size.

You don't 'have' to install it, but you do really don't you? It's 37GB, it's not going just be typo fixes.

FingerBang

no new game plus at launch? I’m assuming they were really rushed to hit the release date
They have sent the complete game weeks in advance. The game has gone gold 1 month before release. No day one patch required for a fully working game. The opposite of rushed.

I think they simply gave themselves enough time and avoided scope creep to focus and release the game. That's one of the reasons Insomniac can release so many good games in time and avoid crazy crunch. They aren't simply good developer, they have probably the best management in the business.

Z O N E

This is just stupid...

I want to play NG+ AFTER I complete a game. I do this with pretty much every game I play. Releasing it down the line doesn't make me want to go back and play your game, just go and ask GOW: Raganrok.

Zimmy68

Strange that NG+ isn't available yet. I think Miles Morales hid skill points behind NG+, so it should be no afterthought.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Are we going to pretend that this is a serious problem? Really?
Definitely not a problem if you're ok with not having the best version on disc or you want to play NG+ immediately after finishing the story.

Not an issue for me and I'd imagine what is the vast majority of players. I don't typically finish games for at least a few weeks or even a month or two, depending on the game of course.
I'd suspect most gamers aren't like you, then. The main story being around 20 hours or so with the platinum taking around 30 means that a lot of people will have completed at least the story by this time next week.

Kind of makes that other thread flexing about how the game is complete on the disc and no need for internet connection even sillier.
It was preemptive damage control to get ahead of criticism that features are missing. Insomniac made a great game here, but it's not complete yet.

Three

Definitely not a problem if you're ok with not having the best version on disc or you want to play NG+ immediately after finishing the story.

I'd suspect most gamers aren't like you, then. The main story being around 20 hours or so with the platinum taking around 30 means that a lot of people will have completed at least the story by this time next week.

It was preemptive damage control to get ahead of criticism that features are missing. Insomniac made a great game here, but it's not complete yet.
So you think not having NG+ is equivalent to a game not being playable from the disc or requiring an Internet connection to play and they shouldn't "flex" by mentioning that.

well-then-carry-on.gif

Most gamers don't even finish games. From what I remember there were some figures around game completion achievements/trophies and loads of people don't finish games.

A lot of people may have finished the game yes, but I'm pretty sure it won't be the majority of those who buy the game.

It doesn't matter anyway, NG+ is coming this year for those that want it. The game is complete, new game plus is just a nice addition.

ReBurn

Gold Member
So you think not having NG+ is equivalent to a game not being playable from the disc or requiring an Internet connection to play and they shouldn't "flex" by mentioning that.

well-then-carry-on.gif
I never said that not having NG+ was the same thing as not being playable. That's your own insecurity speaking. I said it isn't finished.

The version on disc is not the experience Insomniac intended.The story is complete, but the game isn't finished.If denial is how you choose to deal with it

well-then-carry-on.gif

Three

I never said that not having NG+ was the same thing as not being playable. That's your own insecurity speaking. I said it isn't finished.

The version on disc is not the experience Insomniac intended.The story is complete, but the game isn't finished.If denial is how you choose to deal with it

well-then-carry-on.gif

There is a 'complete' 91 metacritic game on the disc completely playable and very polished without an Internet connection required. That doesn't mean there should be no bug fixes or added features in patches because it makes the previous "unfinished". If you think that's silly then continue doing you.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
There is a 'complete' 91 metacritic game on the disc completely playable and very polished without an Internet connection required. That doesn't mean there should be no bug fixes or added features in patches because it makes the previous incomplete. If you think that's silly then continue doing you.
But it got a 91 on Metacritic! lol

Three

But it got a 91 on Metacritic! lol
Yes, meaning if it lacked polish or was somehow an incomplete game it would have shown. Adding NG+ or support in patches doesn't mean the previous game is "unfinished". It certainly doesn't mean mentioning the game is completely playable from disc from start to finish without an Internet connection or patch is "silly" just because they are adding NG+ in post game launch support. Keep your hyperbole going.

Last edited:

BootsLoader

Banned
Seriously? Most AAAAAA games today are unplayable at launch or have basic gameplay problems that breaks the game experience and your problem is that that there is no NG+ at launch. Are you going to buy the game? Do you have a PS5 or XBOX?

Mephisto40

I can't remember ever looking at buying a game and deciding not to buy it because it doesn't have NG+

Why is this an issue?

Top Bottom