• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiderman (PS4 Exclusive) from Insomniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNvid02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLm1A2-Fr7s

Marvel and Insomniac Games team up to create a brand-new, authentic Spider-Man story exclusively for PlayStation 4. Take control of an experienced Peter Parker who is more masterful at fighting crime.

ConventionalJitteryAmurminnow.gif

(c) Sony Interactive Entertainment America LLC is on the Spiderman trailer. This is definitely a Sony / Insomniac Game. OP should add this.

EKEvkgg.jpg

Our teams don't really work like that.

The large majority of Insomniac is working on it

Open world

Everything you saw in that trailer was on current PS4 hardware. Not high-end PS4

Gotta say the suit is growing on me.

27379838530_a481b8ba37_b.jpg

From Geoff's stream

- Biggest team Insomniac has ever had working on a game
- Most ambitious Marvel game ever made
- It's been in development for "quite some time"
- It's not connected at all with the upcoming movie
- It'll focus on both Peter Parker and Spider-man
- PS4 exclusive and published by SIE
- They aren't ready to talk about any release timeframe

nampad

So is this driven by Marvel or Sony? If it is the latter, I am surprised Sucker Punch is doing it because they would be perfect.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
The one game of the conference that looked interesting to me.

Guessing it'll be multiplatform since Activision presumably still has the license.

Edit: Nevermind, saw the note in the OP. What a shame, I was looking to buy an Xbox One.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
finally Spider-Man 2 (PS2/GCN) for a modern era.

looks incredible.

am not buying PS4 exclusive at all though. must be clever careful use of words.

Definitely interested, although Im gonna need an alternate costume cuz WTF is my dude wearing

If they actually manage to interject the Peter Parker side of things into it, this might be the first great Spider-Man game

I don't need a redesigned costume, but this is the most exciting thing I've seen today. Pretty sure I saw Rhino in there with a weird mask too. I'd rather not have everyone redesigned, like Rocksteady and NRS do. Why can't we just have a good comic book game with characters that look normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom