• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike Chunsoft Localization Announcements: Zanki Zero, Stein's Gate Elite, 428, and more

Battlechili

Banned

Spike Chunsoft just announced several new Western releases!
The tower-defense game Pixeljunk Monsters 2 will be releasing on PC via Steam, Switch, and PS4 May 25 in North America and Europe.
Steins;Gate Elite will be releasing in the West on PC via Steam, Switch, and PS4 later this year.
The JRPG dungeon-crawler Zanki Zero will be releasing in the West on PC via Steam and PS4 later this year.
The live action visual novel (and one of the few games to get a 40/40 by Famitsu) 428: Shibuya Scramble will be releasing in the West on PC via Steam and PS4 later this year.
Finally, the wrestling game Fire Pro Wrestling World is coming to PS4 in North America and Europe summer of this year.

Spike Chunsoft will have a stream detailing more information about these titles tonight at 5:00PM PST/8:00PM EST.

Last edited:

Mathrin

They had me on Zanki Zero with Team Danganronpa. Time to get aboard another SC hype train! You can definitely that TeamDR have covered it in their "style", if that makes sense?

Pretty sure Spike Chunsoft are the saviours of localisation right now. Most of these games wouldn't have a look in at a western release if not for them, I'm sure.

Last edited:

NovumAngel

Banned
Cool, but what about Psync?
I had to look that up to remember what that was, totally forgot about that.

A reddit thread seem to think that *something* will be shown at GDC, Spike Chunsoft have already made their announcements but the conference itself still hasn't happened yet... so maybe there's still a chance to see something?

E.T. Waifu

I had to look that up to remember what that was, totally forgot about that.

A reddit thread seem to think that *something* will be shown at GDC, Spike Chunsoft have already made their announcements but the conference itself still hasn't happened yet... so maybe there's still a chance to see something?

Yeah, I know about Funyarinpa's posts, they're good. It's just that after all the announcements today, I doubt we'll get anything about Psync, especiallly with the fact they released the schedule for the stream. You know, it'd be fine if we didn't get any info today
(not really i'm starving for it)
, but the hashtags for Zero Escape was a shitty move just to hype up the stream. Oh and there were Danganronpa hashtags too, but at least they gave away merch, which is nice.

I'm sorry, i'm mad.

NovumAngel

Banned
Yeah, I know about Funyarinpa's posts, they're good. It's just that after all the announcements today, I doubt we'll get anything about Psync, especiallly with the fact they released the schedule for the stream. You know, it'd be fine if we didn't get any info today
(not really i'm starving for it)
, but the hashtags for Zero Escape was a shitty move just to hype up the stream. Oh and there were Danganronpa hashtags too, but at least they gave away merch, which is nice.

I'm sorry, i'm mad.
Oh I hadn't realized that they had a schedule put up for the stream, sorry about that.
And yeah I agree it sucks to not know anything, it's not a good way to get people interested in your game.

bufkus

wow it's amazing that 428 is being localized. i have my Wii copy still but will definitely get the eng version on steam.

NovumAngel

Banned
Grabbing Zanki Zero and probably 428: Shibuya Scramble.

Robotics;Notes was announced on siliconera as well, no consoles specified just yet:
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/03/23/roboticsnotes-coming-west/
Hmmm yeah I don't really know what's happening with this now, siliconera have had to "correct" themselves regarding that story.
Spike are interested in bringing over more VN's but haven't specifically said they're bringing over Robotics;Notes :(

Top Bottom