• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 Lore Update: Squid Sister Stories (Look What You Did Marie Fans!)

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Callie chose your team! Did you seriously think she's mad at you over this?
She is way too dumb to hold a grudge.

You were full of yourself all along, Marie.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
why is genuine concern of others is considered being full of yourself

is this some Night Into the Woods garbage

Geg

I should probably point out that most of Marie's snark comes from the localization; in Japanese she's mostly just a less energetic version of Callie from what I've seen. She does play the straight man to Callie's antics sometimes though which is probably where the idea to give her more sass in English came from.

i knew it, always the short haired girls too

0ye4XQc.jpg

I wonder if they'll ever be able to do something like this again without players suspecting something.

Like if the choices are relate to the game at all people will immediately suspect it'll be used for the next game.

Cerium

I wonder if they'll ever be able to do something like this again without players suspecting something.

Like if the choices are relate to the game at all people will immediately suspect it'll be used for the next game.

And that will make people fight all the harder. Can you imagine? It'll be glorious.

D.Lo

It adds genuine stakes.

Just like old arcade games, where there were real stakes (more quarters to continue).

RedFyn

So she's boring in the Japanese version and full of herself in the American one?

We all know what happened. Marie was jealous that Callie won more splatfests and mad that she didn't seem to care. When Marie won the popularity vote and the final splatfest she rubbed it in Callie's face and got even more full of herself. Callie was upset and confused and went to talk to her friend moe. But moe owed money to a nasty whale shark named Don who forced moe to bring Callie to him in order to settle his debts. Don is going to ask for 100 million squidbucks for her release (spykes black market prices are insane and a sharks gotta look fly). Marie, seeing an opportunity, starts a go fund me campaign and then takes the money and runs to Barbados with her boyfriend moe.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So she's boring in the Japanese version and full of herself in the American one?

We all know what happened. Marie was jealous that Callie won more splatfests and mad that she didn't seem to care. When Marie won the popularity vote and the final splatfest she rubbed it in Callie's face and got even more full of herself. Callie was upset and confused and went to talk to her friend moe. But moe owed money to a nasty whale shark named Don who forced moe to bring Callie to him in order to settle his debts. Don is going to ask for 100 million squidbucks for her release (spykes black market prices are insane and a sharks gotta look fly). Marie, seeing an opportunity, starts a go fund me campaign and then takes the money and runs to Barbados with her boyfriend moe.

Sounds about right.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

this is the most revisionist shit I've ever seen

random25

Didn't know Callie fans are also smoking weed too much.

RedFyn

Marie fans are like the leader of the group of the mean girls that gets upset when she finally gets put in her place.

NotLiquid

why is genuine concern of others is considered being full of yourself

is this some Night Into the Woods garbage

Marie has been nothing but rude and sarcastic for a majority of the Splatfests and once she wins "best Squid Sister" it gets to her head. She's more worried that Callie hates her rather than being worried about Callie.

Like I said, insecure as f u c k.

Kudo

Marie has been nothing but rude and sarcastic for a majority of the Splatfests and once she wins "best Squid Sister" it gets to her head. She's more worried that Callie hates her rather than being worried about Callie.

You need to understand, she needs our help.
And more than us, she needs Callie.. I hope this story has happy ending it's getting dark.

RedFyn

Exactly

phanphare

Banned

Marie can't fake humble just cuz Callie's ass is insecure

fhqwhgads

Nooooo, don't weaken yourself Marie! You don't need Callie, you can make it on your own!! When a tag team splits up it's time for the better partner to shine and rise to the top! Be the Shawn Michaels and ditch the Marty Janetty! SUPERKICK HER ALREADY!!!

Top Bottom