• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 Switch Bundle Announced for July 21, Neon Green/Pink Joy-Cons Autumn

atr0cious

compared to a pro controller? because nah
I really want the splatoon pro because of the design, but the split joycons are next level. Put joycon support on steam and I'll never go back.
Splatoon 2 Joy Con or Splatoon 2 Pro Controller?????
Get the pro, because the matte black splat design is top tier, while the solid color joycons are just ok, and there will be better color combos.

FinKL

The Joy Con Green/Pink were offered on Amazon.jp yesterday?

I swear I looked last week and it was $120 to ship it to US, must of been a 3rd party seller then. Oh well, I'll have to keep on eye on these

phanphare

Banned
I really want the splatoon pro because of the design, but the joycons are next level. Put joycon support on steam and I'll never go back.

the joy con are surprisingly usable for how the appear but compared to the pro controller it's no contest. the sticks and face buttons alone are enough to end that.

I do hope they make a set of joy con pros though because I'd love to use the split joy con setup for Splatoon but as is they're just not good enough. face button placement directly above the stick is a problem and the right stick placement in general is a problem. basically just give me set of joy con that use the pro controller's sticks and face buttons, maybe upgrade the shoulder buttons and triggers and I'd be good to go.

I've gotten so used to how comfortable using Split Joycons are that going back to a standard controller just seems archaic.

I do love the split joy con method and will switch if they ever release a set of joy con pros but as is the regular joy con just don't cut it for the reasons listed above

atr0cious

the joy con are surprisingly usable for how the appear but compared to the pro controller it's no contest. the sticks and face buttons alone are enough to end that.

I do hope they make a set of joy con pros though because I'd love to use the split joy con setup for Splatoon but as is they're just not good enough. face button placement directly above the stick is a problem and the right stick placement in general is a problem. basically just give me set of joy con that use the pro controller's sticks and face buttons, maybe upgrade the shoulder buttons and triggers and I'd be good to go.

I do love the split joy con method and will switch if they ever release a set of joy con pros but as is the regular joy con just don't cut it for the reasons listed above
I haven't been able to try them on Spla2n yet, but haven't had issues yet with button and placement outside of first getting used to them. But the buttons on the pro do look big and sexy, will grab one eventually for pc use.

phanphare

Banned
I haven't been able to try them on Spla2n yet, but haven't had issues yet with button and placement outside of first getting used to them. But the buttons on the pro do look big and sexy, will grab one eventually for pc use.

the issue I ran into during the testfire was that the way my thumb lands my knuckle is just enough above the right stick where I can't use the face buttons and right stick without repositioning my grip

The game comes out in a week how the fuck have they not announced the Green/Pink JoyCons for America yet. Are we seriously not getting them?

SuperSah

Banned
I think I'll go Pro. I already own a pair of neon joy con and yes, separated split joy find are life but I feel the Pro controller is pretty damned snazzy!

atr0cious

the issue I ran into during the testfire was that the way my thumb lands my knuckle is just enough above the right stick where I can't use the face buttons and right stick without repositioning my grip
I kind of felt this while doing the tutorial, but thought it was mainly a sensitivity problem since when it's turned all the way up, I don't have to use the stick as much. Plus I was using the quick turn method of pressing the recenter button (y?) while flicking the left stick in the proper direction. Will find out tomorrow how bad it is. More worried about the dpad on the left side, they feel harder to touch while holding the joycons regular than in the thumbs up grip of ARMS.

FinKL

The game comes out in a week how the fuck have they not announced the Green/Pink JoyCons for America yet. Are we seriously not getting them?

They can't even keep Switches in stock here. Looks like JPN will get the majority, followed by UK and who knows if NA will even get them. There are a few JPN/Europe 3DS Color Schemes that NA never got due to "market demand". I remember because I wanted a White color scheme, but Reggie was talking about their "research" says that white sells bad here. Maybe Pink would do bad here in NA? Who knows, as they are obviously out of touch with their customers (NES Mini demand vs supply comes to mind)

I was waiting until that last direct in hopes of a NA bundle to no avail.

They can't even keep Switches in stock here. Looks like JPN will get the majority, followed by UK and who knows if NA will even get them. There are a few JPN/Europe 3DS Color Schemes that NA never got due to "market demand". I remember because I wanted a White color scheme, but Reggie was talking about their "research" says that white sells bad here. Maybe Pink would do bad here in NA? Who knows, as they are obviously out of touch with their customers (NES Mini demand vs supply comes to mind)

I was waiting until that last direct in hopes of a NA bundle to no avail.

I hope that they're easy enough to import after they come out. I've only ever used AmiAmi for importing things and the JoyCons are long gone on there, no idea how to use Amazon Japan. Maybe I'll be able to find some on eBay but then who knows what kind of markup they'd have ):<

So stupid. SO STUPID! If their typical "color research" bullshit is their excuse again I'm flabbergasted that the Pink/Green Pro Controller is getting a US release over the JoyCons.

ThatMattZ

I hope that they're easy enough to import after they come out. I've only ever used AmiAmi for importing things and the JoyCons are long gone on there, no idea how to use Amazon Japan. Maybe I'll be able to find some on eBay but then who knows what kind of markup they'd have ):<

So stupid. SO STUPID! If their typical "color research" bullshit is their excuse again I'm flabbergasted that the Pink/Green Pro Controller is getting a US release over the JoyCons.

Keep an eye on Amazon Japan. If they have them in stock the price comes to about the same as a pair does here. I caved and ordered a pair the other day when they were back in stock.

Keep an eye on Amazon Japan. If they have them in stock the price comes to about the same as a pair does here. I caved and ordered a pair the other day when they were back in stock.

Is it difficult to set up an account and order from them? Do I need to figure out proxy addresses and Japanese Amazon gift cards or can I just use my US card and US address?

I can kinda understand consoles being region exclusive but it's blowing my mind that this has to be done for controllers, never encountered that before.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Is it difficult to set up an account and order from them? Do I need to figure out proxy addresses and Japanese Amazon gift cards or can I just use my US card and US address?

I can kinda understand consoles being region exclusive but it's blowing my mind that this has to be done for controllers, never encountered that before.
You can use your US Amazon login, a US card, and a US address. I preordered the Joy Cons through Amazon.jp and it was simple.

You can use your US Amazon login, a US card, and a US address. I preordered the Joy Cons through Amazon.jp and it was simple.

Holy shit ok that sounds pretty easy, guess I'll give it a try O:

Edit: Is there some trick to using my US login? I'm trying to sign in and it's telling me there's no account on file with my email so I assume I have to sign up again but I can use the same email I used for the US version?

Sorry I'm so completely clueless about this, maybe I'll try Google to save everyone here from having to hold my hand through this.

Edit 2: Ok got an account set up, ordered the Callie + Marie amiibo 2-Pack since that's OoP in the US and I actually save about $5 shipping it from Japan compared to buying one off eBay. Not bad! Now I just gotta camp those JoyCons.

OryoN

compared to a pro controller? because nah

One good gaming session in bed - or the couch - is an enlightenment, especially when you realized you spent that whole time playing with one hand tucked behind your head, and the other at your side, yet, not once felt like your ability to use the controller was compromised. That's a whole new dimension in terms comfort.

-shadow-

I'm considering picking up two new joy-con, but really doubting between a red/blue joy-con combo to have two full sets of the same colour or the green/pink one... Choices, choices...

Do you think watching Best Buy online at midnight would do it or do you think it would be best to go to Walmart at midnight for this?

Quonny

I think I'll go Pro. I already own a pair of neon joy con and yes, separated split joy find are life but I feel the Pro controller is pretty damned snazzy!

Treadmill + Switch has changed my life. Need another pair for the home so I don't sweat all over my only pair, or I'd be right there with you.

Do we think stores will get any stock of the Splatoon Pro Controller outside of preorders? Gonna probably camp at the BestBuy near my house to get one if they have any.

Top Bottom