• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon character design

What is this scene in Japan? Urban? Hiphop? Skater? or something?

Reminds me of the Themes in

500px-Jet_Set_Radio.jpg

nomoreheroes2.jpg

The_World_Ends_With_You.jpg

To everyone saying Inkgirls are so better than Inkboys... seriously?

They are basically the same, just change hairstyle and expecially the posturing. Even their end-of-match animation are the same, and frankly this is one of the most androgynous and less dysmorphic design I've seen.

They are basically the same, just change hairstyle and expecially the posturing. Even their end-of-match animation are the same, and frankly this is one of the most androgynous and less dysmorphic design I've seen.

But it's the Inkling boy's hair I don't like...

NotLiquid

Also the boys have a lower pitched voice.

I imagine this was the reason we didn't get hairstyles for this iteration. Future installments will probably add hairstyles and do it like the Mii-creation.

Girls >>>>>> Boys

I'm just sayin, if I'm only buying one Amiibo (which I am) it's gonna be the girl. They're both qt though.

RagnarokX

As others have said, the hairstyle is the reason why the girl looks better than the boy.

Puruzi

Banned
I'm gonna use the girl Inkling just because I like playing as girls, but they're going to look functionally the same to me because I'm just going to wear hats all the time.

PSqueak

Banned
I'm gonna use the girl Inkling just because I like playing as girls, but they're going to look functionally the same to me because I'm just going to wear hats all the time.

Same here, frankly, i don't get the hate squid boy is getting, he's cute too.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
The cleverness of Inkling Girl's design is that her long "hair" tentacles, makes her a tad more iconic and dynamic looking than the boys. This makes her the ideal representative character for the game because her tentacles convey the game concept visually, at a single glance.

This makes the girl not just well thought out, but an integral and necessary part of Splatoon. It wouldn't be Splatoon without the girl inkling.

Indeed.

So your response to his post is a personal attack instead of a proper counter argument? Are you really so invested in a Nintendo game that this is what you chose to be?

But you just did the same? And no. It's not a personal attack or even meant to be offensive. I was being blunt. I met plenty of art students who carry the same attitude when it comes to expressions as if everything was in absolutes.

On a sidenote.

How does his opinion affect my interests?

Top Bottom