• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon Global Testfire Demo Schedule and Info Thread (https://youtu.be/l4UFQWKjy_I)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
e6Q38Fj.jpg

Official Nintendo Spiel:

To celebrate the upcoming release of the Splatoon game on May 29, we're offering an early chance to get your feet wet in the Splatoon Global Testfire! Jump online and fight it out in fast and furious 4-on-4 Turf War battles! This global event will only be active during a few short time periods between 5/8 and 5/9. Don't miss this early chance to get inked!

Download the demo from the Wii U eShop

GwI0Jjx.png

(Available now in NA and EU)

Weapons available for the demo:

tykpyDm.jpg

Splattershot Jr.
Splattershot
Splat Roller
Splat Charger

Levels playable in the demo (the stage you play will be chosen at random):

Walleye Warehouse

vPMkuWd.jpg

Saltspray Rig

kp3afXu.jpg

Can't Play? Watch the livestream on Twitch during play times (listed below)

Asbh3cA.jpg

Livestream links:

NA: http://www.twitch.tv/nintendo
UK: http://www.twitch.tv/NintendoUK
JP: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv216917920?ref=embed&zroute=index

North America Schedule:

May 8 from 8:00 - 9:00 PM PT (11:00 - Midnight ET)
May 9 from 4:00 - 5:00 AM PT (7:00 - 8:00 AM ET)
May 9 from Noon to 1 PM PT (3:00 - 4:00 PM ET)

European Schedule (UK time):

May 9 from 04:00 - 05:00
May 9 from 12:00 - 13:00
May 9 from 20:00 - 21:00

Australia Schedule (Thanks Razmos):

Saturday May 9th - 13:00-14:00
Saturday May 9th - 21:00-22:00
Sunday May 10th - 05:00-06:00

Countdown Clocks (Thanks McNum):

First hour:
t1431140400z4.png

Second hour:
t1431169200z4.png

Final hour:
t1431198000z4.png

Razmos

Gonna be looking forward to the 12-13 timeslot on Saturday. With any luck I might actually get to play.

iFirez

Going to try to be on to play the 4am-5am and 12-1pm UK slots on Saturday then. I'm out with friends on the night so I'll likely miss that final test time as I'll be far to drunk to play by 8pm.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yay, my last final is tomorrow morning. I can do the one at 11 p.m. EST Friday & maybe the one at 3 p.m. EST.

Also, if anyone is wondering, the demo is 589MB. Downloading it now, should see if it'll even let me start the game before the times.

McNum

So for Central Europe, that'd be...

Saturday May 9th
05:00 - 06:00
13:00 - 14:00
21:00 - 22:00

Correct?

mrlion

Am I the only one that thinks one-hour long beta events are a bad idea? Have fun with overloaded servers!!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Hammering the servers is really what the test is about. It's not about an ideal perfect experience to sell people on the game, really. I wonder how many people will fail to understand this.

QaaQer

4am Saturday morning? What madness is this!?

I think that's when I'd be up playing 'nintendos' and eating sugary cereal when I was 6 on Saturdays while waiting for cartoons. & this is an all ages shooter, so maybe this is for 2015 6 year olds?

Tsunamo

First and third times aren't too great for me but i'm definitely in on the second. Loving the regular free content added to the game aswell, great way to keep the online community active and have incentive to come back to it often.

Stupid. Why can't they just make it available to play all weekend? I live in the UK, and have plans with my girlfriend on Saturday, so I can't make the latter two timeframes. And I'll be fucked if I'm getting up at 4am to play a demo.

Oh well; I played it at Eurogamer last year, and I already know I'm buying it on day one.

Razmos

I imagine they will see how the stress test goes this weekend, and then decide on a second wave of testing where they will keep it up for longer, and they will test it that way.

I mean we've still got weeks until release and I doubt the demo app will suddenly become useless after this weekend.

Kinsei

Banned
Stupid. Why can't they just make it available to play all weekend? I live in the UK, and have plans with my girlfriend on Saturday, so I can't make the latter two timeframes. And I'll be fucked if I'm getting up at 4am to play a demo.

Oh well; I played it at Eurogamer last year, and I already know I'm buying it on day one.

Because that defeats the point of a stress test. Having everyone in the world trying to get on in such a limited time frame is the entire point of this "demo"

mrlion

Hammering the servers is really what the test is about. It's not about an ideal perfect experience to sell people on the game, really. I wonder how many people will fail to understand this.

For a game that needs lots, and lots of PR and marketing...not a good idea to schedule stress tests.

TheJoRu

Should have just been a weekend long event anyway.

Since it's more a stress test than a demo it makes sense to want to do short and few sessions to maximise the amount of active players at the same time.

It'd be nice to be able to play more, but it's still better than what it could've been: nothing.

QaaQer

I agree, but it wouldn't be Nintendo if they did that. :)

Whenever I start thinking that Nintendo is getting on with the times, they do something retarded like this to remind me that they are still a decade behind.

That 10% discount is laughable too. I can still buy it cheaper on Amazon.

Whenever I start thinking that Nintendo is getting on with the times, they do something retarded like this to remind me that they are still a decade behind.

That 10% discount is laughable too. I can still buy it cheaper on Amazon.
First of all that's pretty offensive. Second of all if the purpose of this is to stress test the servers and the game why wouldn't they want to focus all the players into a few short periods of time?

Taker666

I'm not sure I'll be able to play at any of those times...but I'll download it regardless just for the 10% off Splatoon on the eshop.

I had pre-ordered a physical copy for £22.95..but seeing as it's getting regular updates I think the extra £8.50 is worth it just for the convenience.

Geg

lol it's going up simultaneously for everyone worldwide so obviously each region is going to have one oddball early morning thing that very few people in that region will be able to play. Are timezones really that confusing for some people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom