• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon Global Testfire Demo Schedule and Info Thread (https://youtu.be/l4UFQWKjy_I)

Status
Not open for further replies.

QaaQer

I'm not sure I'll be able to play at any of those times...but I'll download it regardless just for the 10% off Splatoon on the eshop.

I had pre-ordered a physical copy for £22.95..but seeing as it's getting regular updates I think the extra £8.50 is worth it just for the convenience.

loving digital so far. & since this is multiplayer only, I wont be regretting it when hey turn the servers off in 8 years.

First of all that's pretty offensive. Second of all if the purpose of this is to stress test the servers and the game why wouldn't they want to focus all the players into a few short periods of time?

No other company in the world does a stress test that lasts just one hour. Not in alpha stages, not even coming from infinitely smaller and less popular companies. Not only because it's not enough time to fine tune systems, but because you're leaving your players all pissed off if anything goes wrong.

They could do a weekend test and have just as much impact. Why don't they do it? Well, probably because they feel they would be giving away too much, disincentivising potential sales. After all, this is coming from the company that limits the amount of times you can launch a demo.

QaaQer

Why don't they do it? Well, probably because they feel they would be giving away too much, disincentivising potential sales. After all, this is coming from the company that limits the amount of times you can launch a demo.

That is more of a Japanese thing then just a Nintendo thing. As a whole, they are the most parsimonious companies in the first world.

jmizzal

Hammering the servers is really what the test is about. It's not about an ideal perfect experience to sell people on the game, really. I wonder how many people will fail to understand this.

Yea, if people think the Beta servers not gonna work for this, then how would they work when the game comes out when more people will be playing

Our pals in Europe have additional reason to download it as well.

R1qx6mM.png
That is kind of cool. Coupled with deals I've seen on eShop credit (I think 20% off is the best I've seen in the US, not sure what Europe has gotten) 30% off is legit deal territory for first day.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Man 4-5 on Saturday for splatoon. If I stay up that late I'll miss the 12-1 slot most definitely. I'll be knocked out. Screw your Nintendo!!!!! Well, at least there's 8-9 on Friday.

The1Ski

I've spent an hour on several occasions just waiting to connect to a server for previous "demos".

I hope people don't expect to get an hour of playtime in during each session.

It is a hell of way to test your servers though...

Ricker

Ridiculous..they could of made it for the whole weekend at least...oh well,this isnt the game that will make me buy a WiiU anyway,although it looks pretty fun and great...waiting on X.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
They limited this to an hour to emulate the launch conditions, when everybody is rushing to get the game and play it. It makes a lot of sense.

They have 3 intervals to be able to fix the issues if the first attempts fail.

Exile20

I've doesn't an hour on several occasions just waiting to connect to a server for previous "demos".

I hope people don't expect to get an hour of playtime in during each session.

It is a hell of way to test your servers though...

I can see the servers crashing honestly. If they dont crash the first day then I would be highly impressed.

Everyone and their mom are going to be waiting to jump on all at the same time. My goodness.

moolamb

New Zealand schedule
Saturday May 9th - 15:00-16:00
Saturday May 9th - 23:00-24:00
Sunday May 10th - 07:00-08:00

McNum

Can somebody put the countdown clock for those of us that just cant understand the time zones?
Well, okay then. These should be accurate.

First hour:
t1431140400z4.png

Second hour:
t1431169200z4.png

Final hour:
t1431198000z4.png

Feel free to use these in the OP, too.

Finally figured out how to do these. Yay.

I'll be hitting every hour, even if that means waking at 4am. I just hope I don;t wake up at 4 am and find I can;t connect to the servers because of the high traffic.

Arkhanor

If they want to stress test the servers, they need to adjust the times so the maximum amount of people can play. It's fucking awful right now.

OmegaFax

The times aren't great. Are they going to do another demo leading up to the release or is this the only way to get an impression of the game before the end of May? If they were doing a stress test, it wouldn't be a bad idea to just let the servers run for the entire weekend to see when peak times are and how the servers operate under stress? This seems like a weird gamble on letting a limited number of people in to walk away with an online impression that might not reflect the final game. It's nice that EU got a small discount for downloading the demo. Seems fair given people are testing the game on their schedule and want people to buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom