• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

ChrisD

Since getting the game since launch, Spyke has come through ZERO times with gear with 3 of the same sub abilities for me.

I hope Splatoon crosses over with Mortal Kombat soon because I wanna uppercut this scumbag's head off.

Shoot, now that you mention it, same here.

And he's only come through with a two out of three a whopping total of once.

ffdgh

Since getting the game since launch, Spyke has come through ZERO times with gear with 3 of the same sub abilities for me.

I hope Splatoon crosses over with Mortal Kombat soon because I wanna uppercut this scumbag's head off.

Spyke came through for me once...when I ordered junk gear for the heck of it...yet he could never bring me any of the quad damage up gear I find/order constantly. >_____>

Geg

So Toad asked me to take a look at a Japanese fan song about tower control. The general gist of it that I can get is most of the song is about one C rank inkling's desire to be max rank while he struggles with his worst mode Tower Control (the name of the "band" that performs the song is even called the C Rank Squid Boys lol). Most of it would be too much work to translate it all out word for word, and the last couple of verses seem to mostly be kind of cliched shonen anime speak about trying hard to get stronger. The two chorus verses though I think are relevant to everyone

Even if I get on the tower
(Oh god there's a charger aiming at m- Aaagh!)
Even if I stop the tower
(Oh god there's an ink mine on the tow- Aaagh!)
Even if I super jump
(I'm on my way! ...hey wait stop shooting at my landing poi- Aaagh!)
In the end I just can't win
(The other team was just too good...)
(It's bad matchmaking, that's gotta be it...)
(I'll just go back and join another room... One more game, one more game!!)

Even if I use a shooter
(Aah, I can't do this! My range isn't long enou- Aaagh!)
Even if I use a roller
(Hey, they're walking backwards while shooting at me, that's unfai- Aaagh!)
Even if I use a charger
(I can't keep my aim steady... Hey when did that guy get so clo- Aaagh!)
In the end I just can't win
(Why won't anything go well...)
(It must be a problem with my weapon and gear...)
(Okay, I'll just change my equipment... One more game, one more game!!)

ss-hikaru

Anyone main either of the Sloshing Machines? Wondering what a good set up would be. Maybe some damage up with swim speed up and ink saver/recover? I have no idea...

The tower only moves when you're standing on it with the RM and you have the splatzone captured. Ultimate Splatoon.

NIGHTMARE MODE.

So Toad asked me to take a look at a Japanese fan song about tower control. The general gist of it that I can get is most of the song is about one C rank inkling's desire to be max rank while he struggles with his worst mode Tower Control (the name of the "band" that performs the song is even called the C Rank Squid Boys lol). Most of it would be too much work to translate it all out word for word, and the last couple of verses seem to mostly be kind of cliched shonen anime speak about trying hard to get stronger. The two chorus verses though I think are relevant to everyone

This song is so funny, it gives of Hyadain vibes XD
Maybe he should be trying Luna Blaster...

J@hranimo

Banned

Oh my god, these lyrics are so accurate to TC it hurts.

phanphare

Banned
I think I rolled some good gear, basically traded ink recovery up and ink resistance for another defense up and damage up

QD7NgvD.jpg

Guys, when you're S rank, do you get points by playing with squads that are S rank as well OR you can only get points by playing rank with randoms?

ChrisD

Going to bookmark this post and refer to it every day so I never play that freaking trash mode alone again.

Edit: Actually looking back at this post, Towers is just a piece of garbage. TC is fine. Burn Towers down forever.

abd

I was 15 years old and still a normal Octarian. Even in this harsh valley I had a pretty happy and peaceful life with my octopode. But suddenly one day, a crazy Inkling attacked our kettle. He had completely lost his mind. I guess, his brain had been damaged during its transformation into his kraken body. He left after destroying everything in the kettle; the parks, the schools, the flooders, my home. Of course, my family didn't survive. Only I was spared, but I was just a meek 15 year-old octo back then, I wouldn't have survived all alone in the town ruins if DJ Octavio hadn't passed by and found me. DJ Octavio said he was a scientist of justice and was pursuing the Inkling to stop him. I begged Dr. Octavio to transform me and was reborn as a Octoling who fights for Justice and Revenge.

phanphare

Banned
really liking my gear so far. I'm not really missing ink resistance at all and I definitely notice not having ink recovery up but I think I'll adjust to that. my freshness is a problem but ehhh. that ship already sailed when I switched from the contacts to the headband for damage up subs.

ChrisD

Fell back to S after playing on hyper tilt last night and losing 40 points.
Forget America, S rank is the true melting pot of the world :lol

Worst players you'll ever seen tossed with some of the best

ChrisD

6GfERMU.jpg

No rerolls; this game loves me.

That's actually the brand's bias. Tentatek is more likely to roll Ink Saver, Krak-On is more likely to roll Swim Speed Up, SquidForce is more likely to roll Strength Up, etc.

But I've been trying to roll one piece for it's brand's triple with over a million cash, so... You're still lucky in one regard!

That's actually the brand's bias. Tentatek is more likely to roll Ink Saver, Krak-On is more likely to roll Swim Speed Up, SquidForce is more likely to roll Strength Up, etc.

But I've been trying to roll one piece for it's brand's triple with over a million cash, so... You're still lucky in one regard!
Oh my, I'm so sorry for you D:

Regiruler

I tend to favor cuttlegear

Life is shit

ss-hikaru

If the other team caps the zone while you're on the tower the tower moves in the opposite direction!

Noooo stop Robotguy stoooooop!

I was 15 years old and still a normal Octarian. Even in this harsh valley I had a pretty happy and peaceful life with my octopode. But suddenly one day, a crazy Inkling attacked our kettle. He had completely lost his mind. I guess, his brain had been damaged during its transformation into his kraken body. He left after destroying everything in the kettle; the parks, the schools, the flooders, my home. Of course, my family didn't survive. Only I was spared, but I was just a meek 15 year-old octo back then, I wouldn't have survived all alone in the town ruins if DJ Octavio hadn't passed by and found me. DJ Octavio said he was a scientist of justice and was pursuing the Inkling to stop him. I begged Dr. Octavio to transform me and was reborn as a Octoling who fights for Justice and Revenge.

Shorten to 20 words or less pls.

Fireblend

Banned
Guys, do I totally suck or is ranked on a whole different level of difficulty? I think I've won like... once on the tower thingy mode, damn.

Guys, do I totally suck or is ranked on a whole different level of difficulty? I think I've won like... once on the tower thingy mode, damn.

You also have to consider that ranked is pretty much based on luck with who you get. For some reason, I do bad or get bad teammates on Zones, while Tower and Rainmaker seem to be fairly balanced for no reason. You also have to consider the fact that map control plays a huge part in how the match flows.

Where are you at in ranked and what do you notice you have trouble with?

Top Bottom