• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell Blacklist (anti)hype thread | Experience All 5 Stages of Ironside Loss

DrBo42

For anyone curious that looks like the same area in the E3 2012 demo (with Jadid) but it looks like they completely changed the layout so it's actually a building and not an empty space with a door that you breach through to mark and execute a few dudes before a cutscene.

Actually that video seemed like PC footage. Looked like it was going 60fps there and there was no screen tearing.

As soon as I saw the smoke I was convinced that was PC footage. Couldn't really tell until that point on my phone but yeah, no way legacy gen smoke looks that good.

Gun Animal

Hey Sober, do you know if there's other ways to earn executes besides melee kills/knockouts, or if there's any way to turn on infinite executes? Even if it's just a post-game, trophy-disabling cheat menu type thing, I'd love to be able to just go through the whole game like that on a fourth playthrough.

DrBo42

Hey Sober, do you know if there's other ways to earn executes besides melee kills/knockouts, or if there's any way to turn on infinite executes? Even if it's just a post-game, trophy-disabling cheat menu type thing, I'd love to be able to just go through the whole game like that on a fourth playthrough.

In the abandoned mill footage a while ago the assault playthrough showed the player earn an execution with multiple firearm kills. Unsure if that's still in the game or dependent on difficulty.

Sober

It might be affected by difficulty, at least by my observations. But anything that isn't a melee takedown/grab won't fill the gauge immediately. So something like a gun kill or a gadget KO will fill the gauge (you can see it by the "marks" on the UI as blue squares) partially.

kirby145

Neo Member
I asked on the forums and got no response, so I am assuming the mp/coop to be 30fps max on PC.

They did say no LAN though. So can only hope the online won't be shit like conviction.

Gbraga

100 Ways to Play gameplay video. Soundtrack sounds pretty baller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8p_2PQOYgg

Speaking of the OST, it's up for preorder on itunes.

https://itunes.apple.com/album/splinter-cell-blacklist-original/id684774173

This game looks great, never realised that before. Probably because I'm replaying Conviction right now, but I also think that looks pretty good.

I wish we could unlock a Conviction outfit or similar though. I don't want to dress like a spy if I'm gonna kill everyone like an idiot.

I asked on the forums and got no response, so I am assuming the mp/coop to be 30fps max on PC.

1220749575966.jpg

kirby145

Neo Member
Why would they cap the famerate?
1. Because consoles are already at 30

2. Because that's how it has worked for their netcode.

Conviction:
-30fps max locked
-If the game lags (it does no matter what), and goes to a low fps, then you get desync error and it crashes.
-Each frame is synchronized with the other player.

It's an unreasonable netcode that makes this happen. Requiring each frame to synchronize is just unrealistic.

It allows them to easily make player actions, stealth, and cpu actions sync, but the cost is framerate. And when I say 30fps max, I don't mean it's just "capped" there. That is literally max performance. If the game lags, it can go to 10-20fps easily.

Watching that 100 Ways to Play trailer

Wow, game's come a long way since that first E3 footage. This is the Splinter Cell I've been waiting for.

Top Bottom