• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell: Double Agent 720p new X360 pic

Ok, I can reprhase.

If that is SC on 360, then those graphics are terrible (especially) when you consider how far above the rest of the crowd they generally were on Xbox. That screenshot is generic and unimpressive. Not to mention how insanely far off that shot is from the "supposedly in-game interactive" HALO sequence.

Someone puts SC4 in text with a picture and everyone starts fapping regardless. There aren't just MSG4 monkeys. Open your eyes. Given CT's graphics on Xbox, I would expect that to be a polished XBOX screen, not a 360 one.

Looks good if it is in-game, which seems realistic.

I know Xbox is always the default platform for SC games, but is there any chance of this coming to PS3, or is Ubi saying ist exclusive to X360?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
hmmm, i find it pretty hard to glean much info from this shot, other then it certainly doesnt look anywhere near photo real, as previous splinter cell games were pretty good at. in fact, i'd say the similar scene from the darkness trailer from e3 looked better.

technically, it looks pretty damn good, but i'm sure that scene in motion, where you could fully appreciate the lighting/shadowing, the scale, weather effects, etc, would look far better.

SonnyBoy

Guy LeDouche said:
Looks good if it is in-game, which seems realistic.

I know Xbox is always the default platform for SC games, but is there any chance of this coming to PS3, or is Ubi saying ist exclusive to X360?

This is coming out for PS2, Xbox and 360. I dont see any reason why this couldn't come to the PS3 unless they want to wait for the next installment to take advantage of its strengths.

SonnyBoy

op_ivy said:
hmmm, i find it pretty hard to glean much info from this shot, other then it certainly doesnt look anywhere near photo real, as previous splinter cell games were pretty good at. in fact, i'd say the similar scene from the darkness trailer from e3 looked better.

technically, it looks pretty damn good, but i'm sure that scene in motion, where you could fully appreciate the lighting/shadowing, the scale, weather effects, etc, would look far better.

Im pumped about GRAW and other titles, Im going to be broke come March. I try to stay pretty diplomatic but the shot is totally unimpressive for what I expect SC on the 360 to look. Is it bad art? I wouldn't call it bad but I dont care for it.

To each his own.

Drek

Jerkface said:
Commenting on something being "bad art" needs to be punishable by death aswell.

They should add floating gun platforms and winged demon guards with fucking great swords to the prison.
No, they should actually see what old brick buildings look like and model that, not something that looks like it was built from thin air 5 minutes before this scene. Then they'd start to approach good art.

The new GRAW screenshots kick the shit out of this, and not from a technical standpoint. GRAW's environements and filters work together to present a believable world. This looks like something plucked from a techo demo, not an actual game where selling the world as believable is a major part of player immersion.

SonnyBoy

Drek said:
No, they should actually see what old brick buildings look like and model that, not something that looks like it was built from thin air 5 minutes before this scene. Then they'd start to approach good art.

The new GRAW screenshots kick the shit out of this, and not from a technical standpoint. GRAW's environements and filters work together to present a believable world. This looks like something plucked from a techo demo, not an actual game where selling the world as believable is a major part of player immersion.

I think I agree with where you're coming from. I dont particulary care for the style either. It seems to generic/bland imo. Nothing about this other than the title and Sam Fisher sets this game apart. I love this series and I just want it to be very good which it may very well turn out to be.

DSN2K

jump between this and CT seems small, but then CT wiped the floor with basically everything else on xbox.

I have decided that the next Splinter Cell game is going to be the one that sells me on a new 360.

That said, if the next game looks like those screen shots, I might have to cancel that 360 purchase for awhile until a true next generation, fantastic looking, playing game is released

Top Bottom