• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell Double Agent postponed to september

According to Gamefront UBI has announced that SC Double Agent (all platforms) isn't going to be released in march, but this september.

I guess Far Cry will be the next title to get postponed.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
postponing games is a good thing, imo. Better quality with spread out releases is healthier for everyone, imo.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

PSP

Xbox 360

Xbox

PS2

AM CRY!!

PS3

AM HAPPY??

trmas

Banned
Has a PS3 version been announced yet? If so it would give us a clue as to when the PS3 is coming out.

M

muphins

Unconfirmed Member
You're slipping, Ubi! Should've been out months ago!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
suicide5ke.gif

damn did i call this or what? just like 20 mins ago...prophet total

oatmeal said:
but does anyone really think sc4 is coming out in a couple of months with as little media as we've seen? this game might get delayed like GRAW did

In addition, the rescheduling to September 2006 of the launch of Tom Clancy?s Splinter Cell Double AgentTM is meant to release the title on all platforms simultaneously, including the Microsoft Xbox® 360 that should have a much larger installed base by that time.

This will also enable to maintain the highest quality for which Tom Clancy?s Splinter Cell® is recognized. This rescheduling will ensure the best return from the coming release as well as from future sequels of this brand over time.

:-(

Mrbob

So 360 is the reason for the delay? ;)

No big deal to me. 6 more months of development can't hurt. We all cry about buggy UBI games anyway. Now they have more time to finish things up.

Kuroyume

Banned
That's fucking excellent!

I don't know if I could have handled MGS3S AND Splinter Cell in the same month PLUS midterms. :p This also gives me time to collect for a 360. I don't want to touch any versions except for the next gen one.

dorio

Banned
What does this mean for the french unveiling?

Screw games, I want screenshots and movies to drool over.

Borys said:
Ubi is smart. Simultaneous PS3/ 360/ PC release FTW!
No PS3 version has been announced yet, and if it's not at E3 then don't count on it, also I am hearing November for PS3, not September............. but knowing Ubisoft, SCDA is coming in November. :lol

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Ahhh well, I knew it was too good to be true. Its not like I'll have time for anything else with Oblivion in my 360, haha.

op_ivy

dorio said:
Can anyone answer my question if the unveiling is still scheduled? Blim?

i cant imagine it would change that, as i'm sure whatever it is has already been filmed

Excelion said:
seems like MGS4 will have to go against a GTA/Halo3/SC5 combo for christmas 2007.

I understand GTA and Halo, but Splinter Cell has dropped off big time in terms of sales. MGS3 blew Chaos Theory away in that department.

op_ivy

VictimOfGrief said:
Just in time for the PS3 launch no doubt. :lol

sept 2007!? jesus, i thought it was only delayed to later this year :(

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Boooooo!

ah who the hell am I kidding, I've barely scratched the surface of what I own. And I want Oblivion and Fight Night to get their proper due.

what made them go "oh it will be out in a couple of months" to "hmm maybe we'll give it another 6-7 months just in case"?

I'm not complaining, just that I find that big of a jump kinda weird

Dr_Cogent

Banned
araganekyassuru said:
what made them go "oh it will be out in a couple of months" to "hmm maybe we'll give it another 6-7 months just in case"?

I'm not complaining, just that I find that big of a jump kinda weird

Do you work in software development? If not, I can understand you not understanding.

Dude, this was a given. No way Ubi would have released their two flagship titles (Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell) in the same month. Talk about canabalizing your sales.........

Anyway, this is fantastic news for those of us who adore the Spies vs. Mercs multiplayer mode. Pushing it back to September means there will be more people to compete against on Live because there will be more people who have a 360.

I'm just curious as to what's gonna happen to the new Rainbow Six?

Top Bottom