• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell: Yves Guillemot evokes a new episode "on several different media"

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

It is to the common microphone of the Chinese sites Bilibili and Gamersky that Guillemot agreed to evoke this license, which has remained engraved in the hearts of fans, despite its absence from the screens since the Blacklist episode in 2013:

Concerning Splinter Cell, the series will propose new experiments, but it will be more on different devices (editor's note: the term used here is "devices"). We're working a little... a lot on the license, so that one day she can come back. I can't tell you when, because it takes time, but we need to find the right time to make a strong comeback.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
what?

Edit:
Ok i think i get the gist of this. So they wanna put splinter cell on different devices....what does that mean? Are they talking a mobile game? Also...the best time? How about at least announcing it this year after there have been a multitude of cries for this game during E3 2018? I don't get it...i guess they are llistening but it's almost like the demand for the next entry in this series blind sided them. They do realize that Blacklist did less than its potential because they launched it at the end of a gen and right before GTA V, right?

Last edited:
what?

Edit:
Ok i think i get the gist of this. So they wanna put splinter cell on different devices....what does that mean? Are they talking a mobile game? Also...the best time? How about at least announcing it this year after there have been a multitude of cries for this game during E3 2018? I don't get it...i guess they are llistening but it's almost like the demand for the next entry in this series blind sided them. They do realize that Blacklist did less than its potential because they launched it at the end of a gen and right before GTA V, right?
I think he was referring to that awful looking mobile game that has all the main Ubisoft protagonists in it (Sam Fisher included). It's just sad that we haven't had a Splinter Cell in more than 5 years, it's one of my absolute favorite franchises....

Romulus

what?

Edit:

VR was brought up recently getting a Splinter cell game

Ozrimandias

Ubi, look. You dont need to explore diferent devices, just release it on current or future home consoles.
J U S T D O I T

D O IT

Roni

Gold Member
They do realize that Blacklist did less than its potential because they launched it at the end of a gen and right before GTA V, right?

Don't think they do. To them the game flopped and the only way forward was scrapping the whole thing. In truth I quite enjoyed Blacklist, it turned me around on my opinion of the direction they took with Conviction.

The lack of Ironside's voice was the only downside.

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I do not believe modern Ubisoft is capable of matching or improving upon Chaos Theory. Though, the last game I liked from them was Rayman Origins, so I guess I'm just a h@t3r

Top Bottom