• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILER: Spoiler Metal Gear Solid V (TPS) Spoiler Thread (Contains Spoilers, Thanos).

Status
Not open for further replies.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
gg6sfsr.jpg

WHOOOOOOOO

LordCanti

I have a question for anyone that has finished:

I got to "The Truth" and beat it. Is that it? It's been a few hours since the last time I was given something to do. If that's not it, how the heck do I get more story missions? If that was it... wow... so many loose threads.

squadr0n

I got to "The Truth" and beat it. Is that it? It's been a few hours since the last time I was given something to do. If that's not it, how the heck do I get more story missions? If that was it... wow... so many loose threads.

Would also like to know the answer to this.

I haven't watched any streams. On the Afghanistan map, are Afghan Mujahideen in the field too or is it just Soviets?

Just Soviets, from what I've played so far. Miller mentions having trained some Mujahideen so I think DD were probably on ok terms with them.

Edit: Also do I only find DD randomly by a tree with his dead mother? D-Horse is awesome but I want DD.

Is that the ending with (don't know why I'm tagging but when in rome...)
Venom listening to the tape from BB? If so that's not really a ton of loose threads. He listens to the tape in Outer Heaven, the tape is Operation Intrude n313 and you can hear gunfire in the background. It's right before he fights Snake in MG1

possible dp

Forkball

Venom listening to the tape from BB? If so that's not really a ton of loose threads. He listens to the tape in Outer Heaven, the tape is Operation Intrude n313 and you can hear gunfire in the background. It's right before he fights Snake in MG1

possible dp

Why would he have a tape that says Operation Intrude N313 though? Did real Big Boss tell him the plan?

Also you know what makes sense in kind of a stupid way? Liquid is kind of obsessed with Outer Heaven throughout the series, but Liquid may have never actually met the real Big Boss and only the phantom, who created Outer Heaven. No one ever talks about Zanzibar Land. Remember ZANZIBAR LAND?

Alienous

Whose brilliant idea was it to put that Chapter 2 trailer full of spoilers in there just as you're about to start...chapter 2. What were they thinking?

It's there to convince players to trudge through the repeat missions, otherwise I imagine a good amount would just assume the game was over.

LordCanti

possible dp

There were no rules on tagging in the OP so I erred on the side of caution. If there's no such rule I'll remove the tags later.

I'm confused. So Big Boss
sends a tape with a recording of Solid Snake infiltrating Outer Heaven in MG1. One assumes the tape got there fairly long after the events of MG1, so Big Boss is already defeated at this point? Or was the Big Boss from MG1 actually Venom Snake or...? I'm trying to figure out why that side of the tape made Venom angry.

Edit: Or, is
That Gray Fox infiltrating and getting captured, so now Solid Snake is coming to get him? So the guy that trained Solid Snake and led Fox Hound was the real boss while Venom snake was the guy defeated at Outer Heaven? That would mean the guy that Venom Snake had protected with his life and sacrificed everything for was getting a message that both told him "Hey, you're a fraud but we're also all kind of Big Boss" and "Hey, that guy failed but fuck you my clone is coming to murder you" Dick move Big Boss. Dick. Move.

As far as loose ends, I'm mostly talking about
the red headed child, chico's non-appearance, and a few other things like that.

It's there to convince players to trudge through the repeat missions, otherwise I imagine a good amount would just assume the game was over.

I assumed there was another area and it was a clever fakeout. It was not.

I never did find
clone Paz? Or whatever that was.

Alienous

How many repeats are there?

I think you have to do about 5 (but you are given maybe 7-8, so you can choose somewhat). Then there are 3 or so new missions that among the weakest designed in the game, 1 mission that is different but pretty cool, and there are also Side Ops (I don't know if those are needed for the ending, though).

Speaking of, does anyone know if there is resolution to the Eli plot thread?

LordCanti

Him
riding Sehalanthropus away from Outer Heaven with the red headed child is probably the best we're ever going to get.

I've only got a few side-ops left and they're stuff like mine removal so I doubt I missed something. If I did, it'd be in a cassette somewhere.

There were no rules on tagging in the OP so I erred on the side of caution. If there's no such rule I'll remove the tags later.

I'm confused. So Big Boss
sends a tape with a recording of Solid Snake infiltrating Outer Heaven in MG1. One assumes the tape got there fairly long after the events of MG1, so Big Boss is already defeated at this point? Or was the Big Boss from MG1 actually Venom Snake or...? I'm trying to figure out why that side of the tape made Venom angry.

Edit: Or, is
That Gray Fox infiltrating and getting captured, so now Solid Snake is coming to get him? So the guy that trained Solid Snake and led Fox Hound was the real boss while Venom snake was the guy defeated at Outer Heaven?

As far as loose ends, I'm mostly talking about
the red headed child, chico's non-appearance, and a few other things like that.

I assumed there was another area and it was a clever fakeout. It was not.

I never did find
clone Paz? Or whatever that was.

There's a tape with a throwaway line that explains what happened Chico in the helicopter. Tagging in case you don't want to read it.
he dead

I think you have to do about 5 (but you are given maybe 7-8, so you can choose somewhat). Then there are 3 or so new missions that among the weakest designed in the game, 1 mission that is different but pretty cool, and there are also Side Ops (I don't know if those are needed for the ending, though).

but the Paz scene, surely it must bein the game? How did this game get 10's chapter 2 is a mess

LordCanti

but the Paz scene, surely it must bein the game? How did this game get 10's chapter 2 is a mess

Calling it Chapter 2 as if it would be the equal of Chapter 1 is sure to cause a lot of confusion and/or heartbreak. Not among reviewers though, oddly enough.

Oh and I didn't get the scene for what it's worth. Only a few side-ops left that don't seem like they'd trigger that. Could be some kind of 100% reward I guess.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
No GZ save data needed.

You need:
GMP 460000
R&D Team at Level 40
(I wasn't paying attention to the third requirement, but it's resource-based)

It's the "cyborg ninja" suit right? The guide says you also need the "Master Certificate (standard) key item"

It's the "cyborg ninja" suit right? The guide says you also need the "Master Certificate (standard) key item"

You are right. I just checked the certificate description. "Awarded to combatants who are nothing short of legendary". Sorry, I zoned out when I originally got this so I don't remember the specific requirements. I do have 13 S-ranks if that's any help.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
You are right. I just checked the certificate description. "Awarded to combatants who are nothing short of legendary". Sorry, I zoned out when I originally got this so I don't remember the specific requirements. I do have 13 S-ranks if that's any help.

I wonder if it's from your 100% side-op completion?

Alienous

Calling it Chapter 2 as if it would be the equal of Chapter 1 is sure to cause a lot of confusion and/or heartbreak. Not among reviewers though, oddly enough.

Oh and I didn't get the scene for what it's worth. Only a few side-ops left that don't seem like they'd trigger that. Could be some kind of 100% reward I guess.

They really should have cut a little of the fat off of Chapter 1. The story there there would have benefited if it was shorter. Then they could have used this missions that are barely plot relevant to bolster the plot in Chapter 2.

squadr0n

There have been a few scenes from trailers that havent been seen yet in game it seems. Theres the scene with Paz with her scar that people think might be a clone, then the scene of the guy being tortured at Camp Omega during the day. Where are these scenes? They wouldnt go out of the way to make them and not include them.

Skullface

There have been a few scenes from trailers that havent been seen yet in game it seems. Theres the scene with Paz with her scar that people think might be a clone, then the scene of the guy being tortured at Camp Omega during the day. Where are these scenes? They wouldnt go out of the way to make them and not include them.

The Paz scene has been seen.

LordCanti

They really should have cut a little of the fat off of Chapter 1. The story there there would have benefited if it was shorter. Then they could have used this missions that are barely plot relevant to bolster the plot in Chapter 2.

Calling it an epilogue would have made more sense.

Maybe it played out like this for me because I had only mostly done the yellow missions and side missions, but it really was like an hour between little tiny bits of story here and a small mission there (the one with all the tanks... oh my God...) The pacing screamed "this story is over but here's a little bit of left over stuff" and not "Chapter 2" but I didn't want to buy that it was over until I actually came here and confirmed that it was.

The Paz scene has been seen.

I'd love to know how to make it happen.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Salt of this level can't be described on a planetary scale anymore. I am bookmarking this shit on account of the lunatics that are Metal Gear -Story- fans.

Lol, I've long given up on this brand, don't take anything I say seriously about MGS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom