• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] DC Comics Rebirth: Mr. Oz's identity revealed in Action Comics #987

night814

That's the next Detective Comics arc. Tim is escaping while Oz is busy with something(probably this).

"A lonely place of Dieing" has such a strong place in my heart, might actually have to read this if it's going to be all Robin all the time.

I love when DC goes full on cosmic time travel crazy crisis anti-matter wave levels of awesome. Will be reading a lot of this in trades I think.

jph139

I'd go Super Sons > New Super-Man > Action > Superman

I have dropped both Supergirl and Superwoman. They were fine, just not enough hours in the day so I had to make some cuts. Superman was great up until a few months ago but it has really fallen off a cliff for me, I hope Tomasi and Gleason get back on track with the next arc.

I'd mostly agree with this. The first ~12 issues of Superman were awesome but it's been simply okay since. And the road trip two-parter is one of the absolute worst things DC has put out since Rebirth, I swear.

Action is never amazing but it's been solid ever since they got past the Doomsday stuff. Lots of heroic Lex Luthor and focus on the supporting cast in general. The recent Revenge Squad arc was top notch.

I was actually surprised by how much I liked Superwoman when I picked up the first volume recently. Super weird series, and kind of a JaneThor knockoff in a lot of ways, but Lana makes for a cool lead.

I'd mostly agree with this. The first ~12 issues of Superman were awesome but it's been simply okay since. And the road trip two-parter is one of the absolute worst things DC has put out since Rebirth, I swear.

Yep, couldn't agree more. I was genuinely pissed off by that thing.

I was actually surprised by how much I liked Superwoman when I picked up the first volume recently. Super weird series, and kind of a JaneThor knockoff in a lot of ways, but Lana makes for a cool lead.

I should probably give Superwoman another shot. Phil Jimenez is like George Pérez Junior. His stuff is extremely overwritten but I really like his ideas. I have a love / hate relationship with his Wonder Woman run. Ah, fuck it, I don't have that much to read this week. Superwoman, here we go.

MisterHero

There's a lot of ridiculous bullshit trappings with Supes right now but he's literally the best interpretation we've had in a decade or so right now.
The best Superman stuff was right before Grounded + New 52. Who knew bringing the version of Supes back from his previous hot streak would be good for the books? :p

Kelsdesu

That is so lame. I am almost certain I could have come up with something better. Some obscure Charleston character. Something better than that.

I'd go Super Sons > New Super-Man > Action > Superman

I have dropped both Supergirl and Superwoman. They were fine, just not enough hours in the day so I had to make some cuts. Superman was great up until a few months ago but it has really fallen off a cliff for me, I hope Tomasi and Gleason get back on track with the next arc.

You basically have the exact same opinion of friend I know. The only super comic I'm reading is Super Sons and I'm enjoying that a lot. I love the Damian and Jon's dynamic.

I see Tim fans are already rejoicing his return.

Top Bottom