• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spong Reports the Driv3r Scandal

Slo

SPONG, SPA-SPONG, SPONG SPONG!

sisqo.jpg

What the hell does SPOnG mean anyway?

Couple of good posts under the article actually. How your man Ellis can claim he made an honest mistake by awarding the steaming pile of shit that is MoH:RS 9/10 is beyond me. The game plays like ass from level 1 onwards.

lochnesssnowman said:
How your man Ellis can claim he made an honest mistake by awarding the steaming pile of shit that is MoH:RS 9/10 is beyond me. The game plays like ass from level 1 onwards.
That's twice in one day I've agreed with a fellow GAFfer. World must be coming to an end...or I should be actually getting some work done.

SuperPac

It's actually a fairly common thing to get a bug list with review code. Sometimes the list is short, and other times the list is LOOOONG. When I was reviewing games I'd sometimes call up a publisher and ask if something I was about to rag on in a review was going to be fixed before it hit stores. If they assure you that things will be fixed, what do you do? Mention it in the review as a fault when the version people buy in the store won't be affected by it? It can be an incredibly difficult issue to balance. Especially if the list of bugs is very long and includes things you'd normally point out and rag on.

In this day and age where magazines often fight over "exclusive reviews," this kind of thing can and will happen. It does not necessarily mean that any scores have been bought-off or fixed. That's really only something that pissed-off readers like to throw around. :)

Slo

I'm confused. Are the complaints about Driver3 that the game is buggy, or just that it flat out sucks? I thought it was the latter, in which case the whole topic of buglists would be moot.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Slo said:
I'm confused. Are the complaints about Driver3 that the game is buggy, or just that it flat out sucks? I thought it was the latter, in which case the whole topic of buglists would be moot.

I'd say it is a combination of the two...

Some aspects of the game seem decent, but are damaged by bugs and glitches...while other portions are just badly designed (the on-foot scenarios).

Top Bottom