• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring '07 Anime Season (Of Eternal Joy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holtz said:
have all aired and RAWs for all of them are out. The only interesting one here is Idol Master, so i wil be checking it out. Still no sign of subs for Lagann, Hayate or Heroic Age. Nanoha Strikers first ep is subbed, but in low quality. **** that.
What is average time for a new show to be fansubbed?

BluWacky

Oh! Edo Rocket doesn't air until tomorrow.

Heroic Age = very shiny and quite nicely written (although still very much anime) sci-fi/fantasy show; the quality will probably falter, but it's much more original than Fafner was.

El Cazador = hard to tell; it's actually got a vague sense of humour about it, but it's not quite as atmospheric as other Bee Train stuff. Plus the first episode wasn't that exciting.

Touka Gettan = will watch on the train tomorrow, but actually looks a little bit more interesting than I'd expected.

Idolmaster = not my cuppa, but may check out when there's a decent raw around.

Tomorrow brings EIGHT new late-night shows (Kissdum, Claymore, Overdrive, Edo, Saint Beast (THE HORROR), Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo, Sisters of Wellber, Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica). Plus a repeat of Kyojin no Hoshi!

Holtz

EGM92 said:
Any word on anymore Black Lagoon? Full Metal Panic?
No to either. BL is almost caught up to the manga, and KyoAni is busy with other stuff, so no FMP.
And Heroic Age sounds very good, lucky it's already on my list. I can't keep adding anime, my list is already way crowded. :lol

Crazymoogle said:
Nodame 11 was one of the best single episodes of anime I've seen in a long time. Rachmaninoff orchestra FTW!
That was the quite the episode. I want that song, as well as the one in episode 10.

Beezy

Crazymoogle said:
Nodame 11 was one of the best single episodes of anime I've seen in a long time. Rachmaninoff orchestra FTW!

Episodes 10+11 were both great. I love this show.

Holtz

Fireblend said:
Woah, I totally forgot it was already April! Who's subbing what? I need links! *goes to download gurren lagann raw*
Here is a list of known series picked up by subbers. Unfortunately no one picked up Lagann yet. :(

ninj4junpei said:
That was the quite the episode. I want that song, as well as the one in episode 10.

10 was good too, it's just that 11...it was like the final episode in the One Piece Arabasta arc. Ridiculously well timed, and they busted out the animation right when they needed it most.

Fireblend

Banned
Holtz said:
Here is a list of known series picked up by subbers. Unfortunately no one picked up Lagann yet. :(

Damn, and the raw looks so damn good. At least DMC and DtB have been taken :p I might also have to check out Claymore. And what about To Terra or Dennou Coil?

Defuser

Oh crap,Hayate the Combat Butler! is being subbed by Animanda :(,that means shit long wait for it to come out subbed.

Holtz

Defuser said:
Oh crap,Hayate the Combat Butler! is being subbed by Animanda :(,that means shit long wait for it to come out subbed.
I think more groups will pick up Hayate, the manga is very popular.

Beezy said:
Episodes 10+11 were both great. I love this show.

both episodes were great, but I think episode 10 was when I really decided that the Live Action Nodame is much better than the anime version.

Rhapsody in Blue is my favorite part of the Live action nodame, in the anime it was really weak

and Wangan Midnight, The Skullman, and especially Gurren Lagann need to be picked up

btw, would I be able to upload the nodame live action OST that has the songs from episode 10+11 on them? or is that frowned upon?

7Th

Fireblend said:
Damn, and the raw looks so damn good. At least DMC and DtB have been taken :p I might also have to check out Claymore. And what about To Terra or Dennou Coil?

Lagann is going to get subbed, there are already a few minor groups focused on mecha with plans to do it I don't think it's gonna get ignored in the long run if even Majin got SS working on them . For To Terra and Dennou Coil wait until they air, although I find impossible for them to remain raw.

Linkzg said:

I don't even see how anyone can like Japanese Live Action. Most of it is corny and terrible... well, all of that I've seen is corny and terrible. It's kinda funny, the least corny show I've seen from Japan was some random Kamen Rider series I think it was "Kamen Rider 555".

Also I checked out the Live Action version of episode 10 on youtube and it was done really poorly so yeah I don't really get what you mean by "Live Action version is better". The Live Action version didn't really build up as well as the anime version did. It's pretty obvious that it was meant for an anime moreso than Live Action anyway.

As far as the Nodame anime goes... episode 11 was amazing and so was the song. This is the first time I've heard this song before and it's really good stuff... also the CG was a lot more bearable in this episode, not sure why. It was nice to see how things were played.

DarknessTear said:
I don't even see how anyone can like Japanese Live Action. Most of it is corny and terrible... well, all of that I've seen is corny and terrible. It's kinda funny, the least corny show I've seen from Japan was some random Kamen Rider series I think it was "Kamen Rider 555".

Also I checked out the Live Action version of episode 10 on youtube and it was done really poorly so yeah I don't really get what you mean by "Live Action version is better". The Live Action version didn't really build up as well as the anime version did. It's pretty obvious that it was meant for an anime anyway.

As far as the Nodame anime goes... episode 11 was amazing and so was the song. This is the first time I've heard this song before and it's really good stuff... also the CG was a lot more bearable in this episode, not sure why. It was nice to see how things were played.

did you just watch episode 10 of the live action? because episode 10+11 in anime = episode 5 in live action

Linkzg said:
did you just watch episode 10 of the live action? because episode 10+11 in anime = episode 5 in live action

I just youtube searched "nodame rhapsody" and it popped up so I have no idea what the episode number was.

DarknessTear said:
I just youtube searched "nodame rhapsody" and it popped up so I have no idea what the episode number was.

yeah, I just checked and thats the right one, I dont know, different people have different opinions.

Shouta

Linkzg said:
yeah, I just checked and thats the right one, I dont know, different people have different opinions.

Nodame L-A rocks! If anyone disagrees, I banninatez them!

Linkzg said:

I tried watching the first episode and it seemed to suffer everything common to drama series...and episode 5 is no exception. If it floats your boat, that's fine...but wow, it has nothing on the anime that I can see (except the animation that being live action provides. It's nice to see the moving musicians...even if the scope is so different.) *shrug*

How many eps is the anime scheduled for? I saw somewhere claim 23 but dunno if that's accurate. With 16+ volumes ongoing I'm wondering where they will cut for a finish (well, I'd like to dream it would be ongoing, but I suppose the chances of that are extremely slim.)

Crazymoogle said:
How many eps is the anime scheduled for? I saw somewhere claim 23 but dunno if that's accurate. With 16+ volumes ongoing I'm wondering where they will cut for a finish (well, I'd like to dream it would be ongoing, but I suppose the chances of that are extremely slim.)

Pretty much everywhere says 23 so I guess that's the right number.

Holtz said:
I think more groups will pick up Hayate, the manga is very popular.

I saw that hit shelves lately from viz...what's the deal with this series anyway?

EDIT: wow, more brazen one piece filler on the way. I guess it's nice they make it clear (show suddenly shifts to edo samurai tale), but filler right in the middle of the finale to a major arc is pretty rough. :lol

Beezy

Nodame Live Action? Maybe I 'll check that out once the anime is over. GTO is the only live action that I've ever watched.

Holtz

CLAYMORE has aired, and the RAW for it is out! :D
Also today:
Kono Aozora Ni Yakusoku Wo: Melody of the Sun and Sea
list-Kono-Aozora-Ni-Yakusoku-Wo.jpg

Kiss Dum - Engage Planet
list-kiss-dum.jpg

Kishin Taisen Gigantic Formula
list-Gigantic-Formula.jpg

Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica
list-Sisters-Of-Wellber.jpg

Saint Beast - Kouin Jojishi Tenshi Tan
list-saint-beast.jpg

OverDrive
ititle_episodes.jpg

The season is heating up. Hopefully some subs will start showing up soon.

Linkzg said:
both episodes were great, but I think episode 10 was when I really decided that the Live Action Nodame is much better than the anime version.

Rhapsody in Blue is my favorite part of the Live action nodame, in the anime it was really weak

and Wangan Midnight, The Skullman, and especially Gurren Lagann need to be picked up

btw, would I be able to upload the nodame live action OST that has the songs from episode 10+11 on them? or is that frowned upon?
PM please.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Gurren Lagann just went from my 4th most anticipated anime series this season to the top spot. First episode was brilliant, animation was (as expected) just incredible in it's fluid style and the music was amazing. For those that are fans of music in anime.. I think this comes as close as we can get to a fusion of Yoko Kanno and Joe Hisaishi - at the very least the first episode had 3 good songs that I could hear and they sounded like a mix of both respective composers.

And it bears repeating that the mecha designs were awesome. The whole unconventional style fits so well.

But there's no denying that there are at least 3 great shows that everyone should be watching alongside your own genre favourites. This season will probably be the best in terms of multiple quality series and that hasn't happened in a long time.

edit: Just did a check up on the composer for Gurren. Can anyone confirm if it is indeed Taku Iwasaki?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
speedpop said:
Gurren Lagann just went from my 4th most anticipated anime series this season to the top spot. First episode was brilliant, animation was (as expected) just incredible in it's fluid style and the music was amazing. For those that are fans of music in anime.. I think this comes as close as we can get to a fusion of Yoko Kanno and Joe Hisaishi - at the very least the first episode had 3 good songs that I could hear and they sounded like a mix of both respective composers.

And it bears repeating that the mecha designs were awesome. The whole unconventional style fits so well.

But there's no denying that there are at least 3 great shows that everyone should be watching alongside your own genre favourites. This season will probably be the best in terms of multiple quality series and that hasn't happened in a long time.

Now I just hope a group comes along to sub Lagann. I watched the subs and oh man I agree with everything you said.

Shouta

Guren Lagann is pretty nice. I skimmed through the first episode. The art style is simple but highly effective (although not too crazy or stylistic and the animation is pretty nice even if it does uses some of the ever-present giant robot type of direction. The mecha concepts are really funny. :lol

7Th

Kave_Man said:
Now I just hope a group comes along to sub Lagann. I watched the subs and oh man I agree with everything you said.

Subs? Soft? Where? My sister dislikes watching raws and since she loves old-school robots, FLCL and DieBuster she wants to watch this. :/

Also... KissDum's character animation looks really bad, static most of the time and not even good looking but completely destroying Sushio's original designs. Only the CG mechs are kinda good looking and I dislike Japanese in-your-face shiny 3D. Won't comment on the plot until translations surface but so far the first majot disappointment. Going by the comments Heroic Age looks to have turned out well, with decent technical qualities and a cheesy-yet-fun Space Opera story in Starcraft's vein. I expected them to be turned around, so the surprises have just began. :/

Shouta

7Th said:
Subs? Soft? Where? My sister dislikes watching raws and since she loves old-school robots, FLCL and DieBuster she wants to watch this. :/

Also... KissDum's character animation looks really bad, only the CG mechs are kinda good looking and I dislike Japanese in-your-face shiny 3D. But Heroic Age looks to have turned out well, with decent technical qualities and a cheesy-yet-fun Space Opera story in Starcraft's vein. The surprises, indeed. :/

I think someone released subs for Gurren Lagann just now but the group isn't all that great...

7Th

Shouta said:
I think someone released subs for Gurren Lagann just now but the group isn't all that great...

Well, they're soft-subs so I'll just paste them over my HIGH-RESOLUTION raw. :p

Also, Darker than Black opening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnoWgY07PHU

I won't comment on the song as I dislike most anime vocal music for being so damn generic and badly executed but the video itself wasn't that hot and fairly cheap, both on direction and animation, certainly not on the level of Eureka Seven, RahXephon, Wolf's Rain or even Kurau but understandable since they seemingly finished it in the weekend.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
DarknessTear said:
Also I checked out the Live Action version of episode 10 on youtube and it was done really poorly so yeah I don't really get what you mean by "Live Action version is better". The Live Action version didn't really build up as well as the anime version did. It's pretty obvious that it was meant for an anime moreso than Live Action anyway.

You should really check out the live action, because it is funnier and much more emotional than the anime could ever pump out I think. That may be due to me watching the drama first and the anime second, which is weird because I'm not the biggest fans of drama adaptions.

But I don't understand why you think the anime is more suited to Nodame, when you said as well that the CG was a bit more bearable during the Rachmaninoff performance? Doesn't make sense.

Plus.. Stresemann is played by Naoto Takenaka in the drama. What more could you ask for?!

Lain

First episode of Claymore was pretty good imho and really close to the manga (as far as i could understand at least).

Fireblend

Banned
Lain said:
First episode of Claymore was pretty good imho and really close to the manga (as far as i could understand at least).

Sounds like it's a series I'll keep my eye on. Same as DtB, and yeah, that OP doesn't look (or sound) too good...

and another day, and there's still not a decent group subbing/planning to sub Lagann. Damn :(

Shouta

Fireblend said:
Sounds like it's a series I'll keep my eye on. Same as DtB, and yeah, that OP doesn't look (or sound) too good...

and another day, and there's still not a decent group subbing/planning to sub Lagann. Damn :(

Don't worry! Shouta to the rescue! I'm working on a translation right now! Lagann is kinda naughty with some of it's dialogue. :lol

Cloudy

Banned
I just finished watching Narutaru (since it's by the Bokurano folks). It's quite possibly the most messed up anime I've ever seen. Someone please explain the point of it to me. It seemed like it was going somewhere but then the last 4 eps were complete chaos...

PS: I guess I shouldn't expect Bokurano to end well :lol

Shouta

Koshiba said:
For some very odd reason I want to watch Ketai Shoujo just to find out how that whole scenario happens.. :lol

I thought the Keitai Shoujo anime was just a promotional thing for the game they put out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom