• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring '07 Anime Season (Of Eternal Joy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

icarus-daedelus said:
Is the music in that OP indicative of the music in the show? :-/ I don't think I could watch it if it's pseudo-metal all the time like in the games (I love the series, but that is the worst part.)
The OP is pretty awesome actually.

As for the music, the show actually has some variety in its music, in one action scene they used Spanish music for the fight. :lol

Oh and Lady totally owned in this episode! However I do agree that I totally do not dig the episodic style of the DMC anime series.

nubbe

Oh man, Dennō Coil is a really great kids adventure show. I think it rivals Claymore as the best series at the moment.

Dave1988

Dahbomb said:
The OP is pretty awesome actually.

As for the music, the show actually has some variety in its music, in one action scene they used Spanish music for the fight. :lol

Oh and Lady totally owned in this episode! However I do agree that I totally do not dig the episodic style of the DMC anime series.

This episode's action scenes were better than in the first ep but the episode as a whole was a bore-fest.

nubbe said:
Oh man, Dennō Coil is a really great kids adventure show. I think it rivals Claymore as the best series at the moment.

Start watching Gurren-Lagann.

7Th

My current roll call after this week's amazing episodes.

TOP MUST WATCHES
1.- Gurren-Lagann: Just SO awesome. Never lets down.
2.- Dennou Coil: Well, the episode was impressive and fun even if things are getting wordier by the episode. D:

Not that bad
3.- Seirei no Moribito: Like I said, very well done. Just lacks passion.
4.- Bokurano: I don't care about fidelity to the source material and the director is doing a pretty decent job. Needs more Shingo Natsume episodes.
5.- Jeeg: Just plain fun.

That's all that really deserves a top spot. I love LoveCom but it has a few flaws here and there. Ditto for Seto no Hanayoume. Also: Oh! Edo Rocket needs more SUBS. PLEASE.

Decado

What about Darker than Black, Seto no Hanayome and Nodame Cantabile (note: I haven't watched any of them, but I hear they are good)?

7Th

Decado said:
What about Darker than Black, Seto no Hanayome and Nodame Cantabile (note: I haven't watched any of them, but I hear they are good)?

Seto is mentioned there, DtB I forgot for some reason but episodes 11-12 were much more enjoyable than 9-10 and Nodame is not from this season.

Danj

Decado said:

Darker than Black is good stuff, Seto no Hanayome is silly but funny (I lol'd at the Terminator parody in episode 10), and you should definitely try at least one episode of Nodame Cantabile even if you don't particularly care for classical music.

Holtz

Defuser said:
Sorry,your opinion have no effect on majority that like Darker Than Black. DtB is in no way bland.
I enjoy DtB, but it's nowhere near the top of my list of anime to watch this season. It's not even my favorite Bones anime of the season, Skull Man is.

Defuser

Holtz said:
I enjoy DtB, but it's nowhere near the top of my list of anime to watch this season. It's not even my favorite Bones anime of the season, Skull Man is.
But hey,it doesn't suck right?

Dead

well not really...yet
Defuser said:
But hey,it doesn't suck right?
episodes 9 and 10 sure did :lol

The last arc, 11 and 12 was pretty damn good though, so hopefully the show doesn't fall back to that level again.

7Th

icarus-daedelus said:
Current? You've been wearing those two out since the beginning of the thread... when there weren't yet any episodes released. :p

I'm an Imaishi-Iso fanboy. :lol

And dead is right, episodes 9-10 were awful but episodes 11-12 were quite nice. I'm mostly looking forward to the Yin themed saga in 13-14. :D

Major season 3 is hilarious.
He goes to a school with 7 other boys in it, some how gets them all to play Baseball with him, one of them turns out to be a great catcher and the two others that join seem to be great, the show is like a rollercoaster of luck and misfortune for Goro.

Cloudy

Banned
Only 3 more eps of Nana :(

W/o spoilers, can anyone tell me if the manga goes past the anime? Also, what are some animes like this? Doesn't have to be about bands but I just love shows with awesome characters like this :D

Lain

Cloudy said:

W/o spoilers, can anyone tell me if the manga goes past the anime? Also, what are some animes like this? Doesn't have to be about bands but I just love shows with awesome characters like this :D

The manga should go past the anime (and I think the anime will be back once enough stuff is available, since Ai Yazawa wont allow the anime to differ from the manga).

In regards to NANA, I wonder if, when it is released in the USA, it will be without a little pain as the first ED as it did for us in Italy (and France as well I guess).

Cloudy said:

the manga goes on really far past the anime and is still going strong.

and Paradise Kiss if you want a show like this.

Manp

wow, DMC anime is pretty bad so far.

first two episodes plots make no sense -_- there are some nice action sequences but that's not enough. Lady's coolness is appreciated but there hasn't even been a proper villain, just some random demons that are going to die in a couple of seconds of fight.

hope it will get better in the next episodes

:)

Jason

Lain said:
In regards to NANA, I wonder if, when it is released in the USA, it will be without a little pain as the first ED as it did for us in Italy (and France as well I guess).

I wouldn't be surprised if that happens. From the jpopmusic forums...

It's a song by Danielle Brisebois released in '94 that Kelly covered, Just Missed the Train.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AHWtaotJiY
^ Here's the Kelly version.

And Cloudy should just cave and start reading the manga. The latest chapter has an interesting twist. :D

Dahbomb

Manp said:
wow, DMC anime is pretty bad so far.

first two episodes plots make no sense -_- there are some nice action sequences but that's not enough. Lady's coolness is appreciated but there hasn't even been a proper villain, just some random demons that are going to die in a couple of seconds of fight.

hope it will get better in the next episodes

It really is just random episodic style missions just thrown on Dante. The worst part is that there is no intensity or drama during the fights, it's just Dante or Lady pwning up n00bs who aren't even near their class. The intro has been better than the first 2 episodes thus far in delivering what is expected of a DMC anime (the part where Dante is leaning on Rebellion all bloodied and shit is AWESOME!).

And the 3rd episode looks like it's going to be garbage, I will be skipping on that one.
Yeah right this is DMC here and I am a sucker for it.

Holtz

Dahbomb said:
It really is just random episodic style missions just thrown on Dante. The worst part is that there is no intensity or drama during the fights, it's just Dante or Lady pwning up n00bs who aren't even near their class. The intro has been better than the first 2 episodes thus far in delivering what is expected of a DMC anime (the part where Dante is leaning on Rebellion all bloodied and shit is AWESOME!).

And the 3rd episode looks like it's going to be garbage, I will be skipping on that one.
Yeah, i wish i could skip the third episode, too. Damn my DMC fanboyism, it looks like total crap. Then again the previous ones weren't good, if it wasn't for Lady the second ep would have sucked to high heavens and the first ep was horrible. WTF Madhouse?! How can you mess up something as simple as a DMC anime? Just give us a continuing story, a good villain, some good stylish fights and NO ANNOYING USELESS LOLIS! How hard can it be? :(

Linkzg said:
Major season 3 is hilarious.
He goes to a school with 7 other boys in it, some how gets them all to play Baseball with him, one of them turns out to be a great catcher and the two others that join seem to be great, the show is like a rollercoaster of luck and misfortune for Goro.

The best way to put it is that Major is "24" for baseball fans. Goro is constantly put into insane situations and forced to do something crazy to pull out of it.

I love it. :lol

Dave1988

Man, DMC Ep 03 is garbage. This series is getting worse with each passing episode (not that I didn't expect it to). Ep 04 has to make up for it.
Trish and Lady W00t!

Cloudy

Banned
Linkzg said:
the manga goes on really far past the anime and is still going strong.

and Paradise Kiss if you want a show like this.

Parakiss was okay. VERY inferior to Nana (and even Beck) IMO though..

PS: Why would they change the ED songs? Licensing issues? I LOVE Olivia Lufkin *cries*

Lain

Cloudy said:
PS: Why would they change the ED songs? Licensing issues? I LOVE Olivia Lufkin *cries*

Over here, the second ED replaced the first ED (we still got a little pain as a bonus on the first DVD). Officially what we got told (when the DVDs were announced over here) was that the Japanese rights holders didn't want to give the rights for it. Unofficially, it's because they want to avoid getting sued (because of what Jason posted).

Crazymoogle said:
The best way to put it is that Major is "24" for baseball fans. Goro is constantly put into insane situations and forced to do something crazy to pull out of it.

I love it. :lol

yeah, I hope there is a Major S4, S3 ended with
the game against Kaido and I know the manga goes past that.

and was Ookiku Furikabutte dropped or something? it hasent been subbed for a while

Manp

Dahbomb said:

yeah, that's basically how i feel about it too.

Holtz said:
Yeah, i wish i could skip the third episode, too. Damn my DMC fanboyism, it looks like total crap. Then again the previous ones weren't good, if it wasn't for Lady the second ep would have sucked to high heavens and the first ep was horrible. WTF Madhouse?! How can you mess up something as simple as a DMC anime? Just give us a continuing story, a good villain, some good stylish fights
please Madhouse, listen to this man! ;)

Holtz said:
and NO ANNOYING USELESS LOLIS! How hard can it be? :(
i have this bad feeling about little miss loli... i keep thinking she has some kind of secret and amazing powers that will help Dante in the future.
oh boy, this sounds soooo stupid and yet so likely to happen :°°°°

Manp

Prime crotch said:
Might as well ask here is Full Metal Panic! a good show? And which groups did a job subing it?

if you ask me it is absolute crap. people seems to find it funny for whatever reason, it just doesn't make any sense to me.

Lain

Prime crotch said:
Might as well ask here is Full Metal Panic! a good show? And which groups did a job subing it?

I'd say only watch Fumoffu! and TSR and skip FMP! as it's pretty mediocre for my tastes. But, probably, to enjoy Fumoffu! even more, you'd want to watch FMP! as well, for no other reason than to be delighted by how much better Fumoffu! is.

Aegus

Manp said:
if you ask me it is absolute crap. people seems to find it funny for whatever reason, it just doesn't make any sense to me.

If you didn't laugh at the end of the hot springs episode in Fumoffu you have no soul.

Dead

well not really...yet
Prime crotch said:
First season is average. Part of it is good, part mediocre. Gonzo, etc...

Fumoffu is hilarious as hell. Must watch

The Second Raid is a ****ing awesome mecha/thriller/drama series.

So basically put up with the mediocreness of the first show to get to the rest.

Decado

The first half of 2nd Raid is awesome...but if I had known how awful the last 5 or 6 episodes were going to be, I would have stopped after episode 6. Worst turnaround in an anime series *ever*, AFAIC.

Gantz

Banned
So Death Note is done. The only thing interesting right now Claymore, One Piece, Devil May Cry, and Romeo X Juliet. Anything else worth watching right now?

LegatoB

Gantz said:
So Death Note is done. The only thing interesting right now Claymore, One Piece, Devil May Cry, and Romeo X Juliet. Anything else worth watching right now?
I don't see Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann, the best show of the season, anywhere in that list. For shame.

7Th

PleoMax said:
Any anime, with balls to the wall, heart pounding action?

OH LAWD. That's how Gurren-Lagann's director described... Gurren-Lagann. :lol

Gantz said:

Gurren-Lagann and Dennou Coil for sure... hell, nothing on that list is that great in my opinion.

PleoMax

Banned
7Th said:
OH LAWD. That's how Gurren-Lagann's director described... Gurren-Lagann. :lol

Gurren-Lagann and Dennou Coil for sure... hell, nothing on that list is that great in my opinion.

Well someone is one the same page as me. I gotta check that Gurren-Lagann

Kiyamon

I see myself liking more serious realistic anime, I enjoy look forward more to Claymore and until its end Death Note, I guess DtB also. I enjoy Gurren-Lagann but prefer the latter, as I feel those shows are targeting a more mature audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom