• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring '07 Anime Season (Of Eternal Joy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason

Actually, it might just be their IRC channel (hopefully it's just that :lol). I didn't notice the # in their message.

HG-F said:
Due to a sudden loss in personnel and lack of resources, #HG-F was forced to shut down. We apologize for any inconveniences...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I imagine Shouta's not going to continue with Gurren. :(

Oh well. I KNEW it was going to be licensed this weekend, just not by who.

Shouta

MetatronM said:
Well, I imagine Shouta's not going to continue with Gurren. :(

Oh well. I KNEW it was going to be licensed this weekend, just not by who.

See my latest response at the bottom of the Gurren thread.

Gantz said:
So Death Note is done. The only thing interesting right now Claymore, One Piece, Devil May Cry, and Romeo X Juliet. Anything else worth watching right now?

Gurren lagann is a fun, shallow show with great momentum, but check Seirei no Moribito, definitely the show of the season...the production is amazing, and it has a mature air

peace

Beezy

1. Gurren Lagann
2. Dennou Coil
3. Seirei no Moribito

Bokurano got a lot better, Heroic Age is getting a little better. Claymore owns, screw the haters. Darker than Black is sometimes good, sometimes meh. Gigantic Formula continues to bore me, but I keep watching it for some reason.

Holtz

Beezy said:
1. Gurren Lagann
2. Dennou Coil
3. Seirei no Moribito

Bokurano got a lot better, Heroic Age is getting a little better. Claymore owns, screw the haters. Darker than Black is sometimes good, sometimes meh. Gigantic Formula continues to bore me, but I keep watching it for some reason.
Besides the ones you mentioned, JEEG is awesome old school super robot action, Skull Man is the best Bones anime of the season IMO and Seto no Hanayome is hilarious, Terminator references FTW! :D

Danj

Beezy said:
1. Gurren Lagann

ADV announced the license for this at AX.

Beezy said:
2. Dennou Coil

This show is great, I highly recommend it.

Beezy said:
3. Seirei no Moribito

Geneon (re)announced the license for this at AX, it's called Guardian of the Sacred Spirit in English.

Beezy said:
Bokurano got a lot better

I watched a bunch of Bokurano last weekend, got kind of a Gantz feel from it.

Beezy said:
Claymore owns, screw the haters.

Manga is better though IMO.

I gave Lucky Star not 1, not 2, but 3 chances to make me see atleast why its being overrated by a bunch of people, but each time I watch it I regret, its just not good.

the 3rd chance I gave it was on episode 12 because I read that it was going to be a
Comiket
episode and when reading Genshiken, these were my favorite parts. While episode 12 was atleast 800% better than episode 1 and 2, it was still just terrible and the biggest shock for me was when the Kotana (blue haired girl, right?) said she was 17, wtf is this.

Dave1988

Linkzg said:
I gave Lucky Star not 1, not 2, but 3 chances to make me see atleast why its being overrated by a bunch of people, but each time I watch it I regret, its just not good.

the 3rd chance I gave it was on episode 12 because I read that it was going to be a
Comiket
episode and when reading Genshiken, these were my favorite parts. While episode 12 was atleast 800% better than episode 1 and 2, it was still just terrible and the biggest shock for me was when the Kotana (blue haired girl, right?) said she was 17, wtf is this.

Crouching loli, hidden fanservice ;p

DarknessTear said:
tokyotosho got shut down by ADV Films
:( It is a sad day.
Shouta said:
Darker Than Black licensed by Funimation at AX.
Damn. If Gurren gets licensed I will be even sadder. Wait... it was!?!?!?!
noooooooo.jpg

This is all a plan by the companies to convince me to move to Japan. I just know it.

Jason said:
These two things miiiiiight be connected. :lol :lol
I don't keep up with anime conventions so I did not see this coming. Luckily I downloaded all the latest episodes before. Still I give a giant "**** you" to ADV and Funimation. Then again, didn't the Gurren director say that it was okay to be a pirate?

Edit: ADV is only a three hours drive from me... *diabolical laugh* It makes me even sadder to think I won't see any new episodes of Darker Than Black or Gurren for six months or so, if I am lucky and not a pirate.

Danj

DarknessTear said:
tokyotosho got shut down by ADV Films

Seriously? I didn't see anything in their IRC channel about that...

EDIT: I'm fairly sure it's just another of their (ir)regular downtime periods.

Branduil

Danj said:
Seriously? I didn't see anything in their IRC channel about that...

EDIT: I'm fairly sure it's just another of their (ir)regular downtime periods.

DarknessTear
Kotex II: Now With Wings!
Disregard anything from him about everything

Tags exist for a reason people.

Well a Rizon Admin said it so I figured he had a reason for saying it.

And of course there's no proof in the channel that it hasn't been shut down by ADV. There may be nothing in the topic but the room is also +m so nobody can ask anything either.

Beezy

Dennou Coil 6 is out. This became my 2nd favorite show of the season after episode 5. I wonder if 6 will top it. :D

Fireblend

Banned
7Th said:
Summer season is on, Shigurui has been released. If there's no thread by tomorrow I'll make one.

So do we continue anime discussion there or bump this one with Claymore/Bokurano/Dennou Coil praise?

Fireblend said:
So do we continue anime discussion there or bump this one with Claymore/Bokurano/Dennou Coil praise?

I think early in this thread there is still talk about other shows from the previous season (like Nodame), so I dont expect it to change.

Defuser said:
Do it now!!!

MOTHER****ERS!!!

Who's gonna sub it now? I hope Sudo ain't dropping it.
Funimation already contacted Shinsen Subs. :(

Edit: Correction, Funimation contaced them two years ago about something else so they are most likely going to drop it.

Defuser

ninj4junpei said:
Funimation already contacted Shinsen Subs. :(

Edit: Correction, Funimation contaced them two years ago about something else so they are most likely going to drop it.
bleh, I never care for Shinsen,they take too long for a release.

while I like that anime gets licensed (so I can buy the DVDs), I really wish they would do it after the anime finished in japan.

well, atleast ADV got screwed with the DMC anime.

Linkzg said:
while I like that anime gets licensed (so I can buy the DVDs), I really wish they would do it after the anime finished in japan.

How'd they get screwed?

Dead

well not really...yet
Linkzg said:
You think so? :p

That's exactly the type of show american fans lap up, doesn't matter how bad it is. It's pretty much guaranteed to sell, not to mention having the name of a game to help sell it.

Dead said:
You think so? :p

That's exactly the type of show american fans lap up, doesn't matter how bad it is. It's pretty much guaranteed to sell, not to mention having the name of a game to help sell it.

It's also the show that almost everyone admits is terrible... which is pretty bad since that rarely ever happens.

Dead

well not really...yet
DarknessTear said:
It's also the show that almost everyone admits is terrible... which is pretty bad since that rarely ever happens.
Didn't stop the first Hellsing from being really popular over here.

There are shows that will sell no matter how bad they are. This is one of em. It's a totally safe license...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom