• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2016 Season Anime Preview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortemis

Banned
Oh shit, someone's making a Sakamoto anime?

I'm in for JoJo and Ushio to Tora.

But man that's a whole lot of shit, it's to be expected though.

My Hero Academia: YES!
Kiznaiver: Yes?
Mayoiga: Maybe, the creator hasn't steered me wrong yet.
Kabaneri: Steampunk Attack on Titan trying to make that AOT money since they can't do more AOT. Nahhhhhh.
Super Lovers: No clue.
Sousei no Onmyouji: Looks basic, but maybe it can fill the Blue Exorcist hole in my heart.
Flying Witch: Ehhhhhh. No really my jam, but it could suprise
Hundred: Nope.com. The light novel trash fire continues.
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Yep, I'm in.
Joker Game: All over this shit. Can't get enough of Shirow Miwa character designs and the plot sounds grand.
Terra Formars Revenge: Nooooooooooope.
Bungou Stray Dogs: Maybe? This one will probably fall off my list due to a lack of time.
Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?: eeeeeehhhhhhhh.
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu: Another light novel. Nah.
Bakuon!!: K-On with bikes? Could be good, but not my jam.

massoluk

Banned
Oh hell yeah, 2 shonen greatness incoming - Jojo 4, and the return of Ushio and Tora

I hope Phoenix Wright keep the awesome music.

co1onel

Two Okada shows in one season? I'll have to check out both, but other than that there's not much that interests me.

I always say I will tone down how many shows I am watching every season. Again I said this, and AGAIN I know it won't happen. Roster is looking good, tons of promising works here. You will find me on the Anime OT as always lol

This season is seriously stacked. I haven't had so many shows on my list in quite some time.

In for My Hero, Jojo, Ushio no Tora, Joker's Game, and Swagamoto

Ascheroth

One thing that I think should be added to under each series is the studio name. This way, when people see Studio Deen, they can just keep scrolling, and if they see KyoAni, Trigger or Ufotable, they can commence heavy breathing.

But Deen has 2 of the best shows this season with Rakugo and Konosuba. And Rakugo is a serious AOTY contender.
KyoAnis Phantom World on the other hand is shit outside of good production values.

But Deen has 2 of the best shows this season with Rakugo and Konosuba. And Rakugo is a serious AOTY contender.
KyoAnis Phantom World on the other hand is shit outside of good production values.

Not to mention Trigger has done little of worth since their founding, and Ufotable has been stuck with shitty material such as Fate, Tales, and God Eater for a while now.

Galactic Heroes, when?

If you're referring to the Production I.G. remake, that's scheduled for 2017.

Decado

Joker Game has potential. Really like GitS.

Bungou Stray Dogs...the trailer looked good but the description is less promising.

Attack on Titan with trains could be a lot of fun if it isn't a kids show and doesn't share the same weaknesses as AoT. Budget certainly seems higher (from the trailer, anyway).

More to be interested in this season than for a long time. Haven't watched much anime for the past 8 years or so, but I'll keep an eye out on those three.

Will Watch (R = I've read the source material):
Boku no Hero Academia R
Flying Witch R
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2
Phoenix Motherfucking Wright R..?
JoJo Part 4 R
Joker Game
Kuma no Miko R
Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? R
Swagamoto R
Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge
Ushio to Tora 2

May Pick Up
Bakuon!!
Bungou Stray Dogs
Kiznaiver
Mayoiga
Pan de Peace! R

Walpurgis

Banned
Studio Deen literally already has AOTY 2016 on lock with Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju
Yep. Dismissing stuff out of hand because of "Deen" has become very foolish these days.

Like I said, I'm not up to date on the current situation. I only have bad memories associated with them and have contemplated flying to Japan to burn down their offices.

As for KyoAni, I didn't know that they dropped the ball last season. At least I can depend on them for their beautiful animation.

Watching:
Jojo Diamond is Unbreakable
Ace Attorney
My Hero Academia
Ushio and Tora S2
Sakamoto

Might give a shot:
Flying Witch
Kuromukuro
Endride
Sousei no Onmyouji

Like I said, I'm not up to date on the current situation. I only have bad memories associated with them and have contemplated flying to Japan to burn down their offices.

As for KyoAni, I didn't know that they dropped the ball last season. At least I can depend on them for their beautiful animation.

I admire KyoAni as a studio for their unique production method, being the only Japanese animation studio to do all animation in-house without relying on freelancers and outsourcing, and for treating their employees well and making sustained effort for training young animators. But they hardly produce flawless works all the time, especially with their adaptations of self-published LNs (Chuunibyou, Kyoukai no Kanata, Phantom World), because the material is too trashy to be saved by good production values.

Walpurgis

Banned
I admire KyoAni as a studio for their unique production method, being the only Japanese animation studio to do all animation in-house without relying on freelancers and outsourcing, and for treating their employees well and making sustained effort for training young animators. But they hardly produce flawless works all the time, especially with their adaptations of self-published LNs (Chuunibyou, Kyoukai no Kanata, Phantom World), because the material is too trashy to be saved by good production values.

It's better than turning good material into trash which is what Studio Deen is known for.

It's better than turning good material into trash which is what Studio Deen is known for.

Yeah, the Higurashi and Umineko anime adaptations were bad - Chiaki Kon is a bad director - but that can't be held against Deen forever, especially now that they've got great directors such as Mamoru Hatakeyama working with them.

Qurupeke

Concrete Revolutio for AOTS.

If we exclude Jojo.

Looking forward to Kabaneri, Sakamato, Hero Academia, Flying witch, Ace Attorney too.

Cornbread78

BTW, nobody has claimed the OT for Kabaneri, so if someone is feeling up to making one for the non- AoT clone, jump on it.

Oh nice my Super Lovers quote was used. Please watch, as it is litrally a dream come true.

Twin Star will be fun.

Kaminari, Kirishima, Todoroki, Bakugou will make HeroAca a must watch.

Shingeki no Steel Trains has Chelly x Aimer so its a must watch on music alone, and Sawano.

Walpurgis

Banned
Yeah, the Higurashi and Umineko anime adaptations were bad - Chiaki Kon is a bad director - but that can't be held against Deen forever, especially now that they've got great directors such as Mamoru Hatakeyama working with them.
Never forget.

tumblr_ncxvo1s39W1r1pfg7o2_500.gif

Fate/stay night by Studio Deen

archerlancer.gif

Fate/stay night by Ufotable

Luigi87

Three BONES series? Dayum...

But... My Hero Academia is an on-going adaptation, and while BONES is my favourite studio... when they veer into their own original stories for adaptations I usually don't... care... much for their stories.

I guess I should pick up ConRevo where I left off. Didn't know it had a second season coming. I think I only watched five eps.

Bungou Stray Dogs I'll probably check out, but again my previous concern.

Eh to be fair it's not like Hero Academia is mindblowing or anything, I think people just get tired of the insane man out of filler other shonen manga get. Lest we forget Naruto Ultimate Filler Works.

tumblr_nmxq7aUipE1roq9zlo1_400.gif

Im just glad Trigger's new joint is less Ninja Slayer and more Kill La Kill in terms of animation quality lol.

I don't see how that's relevant, since MHA is only a manga right now, and thus its fans are manga fans, so anime original filler is irrelevant for the people reading it (Since they read other shonen manga too most likely)

Three BONES series? Dayum...

But... My Hero Academia is an on-going adaptation, and while BONES is my favourite studio... when they veer into their own original stories for adaptations I usually don't... care... much for their stories.

I guess I should pick up ConRevo where I left off. Didn't know it had a second season coming. I think I only watched five eps.

Bungou Stray Dogs I'll probably check out, but again my previous concern.

BSD seems more likely to be a potential candidate for an original story, HeroAca seems way less likely since there is much more content and sells well enough that they could just leave it open to keep doing more seasons.

mrjohill

Right now my only certain ones are jojo, sakamoto, my hero academy and maybe ace attorney. Gonna have to do some research on the other one this season

Luigi87

BSD seems more likely to be a potential candidate for an original story, HeroAca seems way less likely since there is much more content and sells well enough that they could just leave it open to keep doing more seasons.

That's largely what I would hope they do. I would definitely like that much better.

It's a shame that the Ace Attorney anime looks like a check-box ticking straightforward adaptation with barely more creative framing than its source material.

Definitely going to watch MHA, Jojo, Ushio and Tora s2, Ace Attorney
Will try Kiznaiver, Joker Game, Sakamoto, Sousei no Onmyouji

May or may not watch Magi Sinbad and Asterisk s2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom