• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2016 Season Anime Preview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 100% in for My Hero Academia. I also want to watch Flying Witch. I swear I watched an anime with literally the same plot as Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Original much?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Thanks Cornbread.

Spring looks awesome
Jojo, Sakamoto, Flying witch, Kumamiko
All over my body

Edit: oops, Mob Psycho not a spring show.

kewlmyc

I'm in for Jojo and Ace Attorney.

Will give My Hero Academia and Not-Attack on Titan a shot as well.

Probably Ushio and Tora S2, but I need to catch up on S1.

Also, I swore Tales of Zestiria the Animaton was airing in Spring but I guess it got delayed.

There's no sense in arguing this. Studio Deen has its reputation for a reason. One modern show that isn't trash won't erase that. We'll see how they move forward from here but to claim that they are better than Ufotable is laughable.

Sure it can. It's called retribution.

Whether they'll keep it up remains to be seen, but that's no reason to dismiss a show just because it has the Studio Deen name on it.

It's not out there for a show made by one studio to be better than the last few shows another studio with better production values made.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Forgot Ushio to Tora was coming back.

This Spring is packed. I will easily have a half a dozen shows I am watching.

I'll bite, what is Swagamoto?

f55d3a65a5d0d9b784fa29597671911796fdb146_hq.jpg

BsEciWuCUAInPGI.jpg

OP(s) updated to put "Swagmoto" near the top and added a couple shows

awlv1.jpg

DominoKid

definitely gonna watch
- My Hero Academia
- Swagamoto (fucking finally. i hope they dont fuck this up.)
- Joker Game
- Bungou Stray Dogs
- JoJo Diamond Is Unbreakable
- Ushio & Tora (still on S1 though)

maybe
- Kiznaiver
- Kabaneri

Defuser

Swagmoto was on other's /last minute recommendation initially? Cornbread you dun goof. Go and read more manga or hang out at mangagaf.

Season is too stacked, hope there's not too many surprised because I just won't have the time.

Wrong. Studio matters. Studio Deen is the soup kitchen and Ufotable is the world class restaurant. Put world class chefs to work in a soup kitchen and no matter how hard they try, they're still working in a soup kitchen with cheap ingredients.

It's not a dated meme. Log Horizon season 2 wasn't that long ago.

Deen had two shows this season incomparably better to UFO ubw so...

Wrong:

tumblr_nq990pc92v1r3rdh2o1_500.gif
tumblr_nq990pc92v1r3rdh2o2_500.gif

Anyone who calls Shirou a bad character never saw Gilgamesh get wrecked.

Only because "I'm too brain dead to wear my anti everything armor so I'll just wear this shitty stupid lookin g half shirt even though I had this awesome fur jacket in the other route." Gilgamesh lost half his brain cells that season.

What garbage writing to let the mc win.

Cwarrior

Finally Diamond is Unbreakable the jojo I've been waiting for.

Knowing bones there going to fuck up MHA but redeem themselfs in the reboot X amount of years later.

Super Lovers
qOXgm00.png

Genres: Comedy, Drama, Romance, Shounen Ai
Manga/ Studio: Dean

Super Lovers is a wholesome manga focusing on the heart. Striking at the core of what makes a human a human it brilliantly highlights the touching relationship between a young orphaned Canadian boy taken in by a prominent writer's family. After a fateful encounter over the summer, the manga switches gears and becomes a dazzling coming of age story of the adopted boy and his relationship with the Kaidou family in Japan.

This innovative series goes against the grain for the romantic drama. Featuring people pursing their dreams of starting their own business while working at a host club, a boy as he grows through the years out of his natural Canadian environment and in the dazzling cities of Japan, and the myriad friendships and family relationships that develop in Japan, it has something to appeal to everyone. It will have one of the purest and most pleasing brotherly love moments anyone could ask for animated. Its a must watch.
-Yes, this is BL

wtf is this. I'm not getting a wholesome vibe here.

I'm looking forward to it. I like silly tropey shows every once in awhile

I'm always down for some good sophomoric humor. I'm interested to see how this one turns out.

Much like Shomin Sample, it's pretty obviously ecchi and stupid humor but the execution is good enough that it's withstandable and oftentimes funny. An adaptation can make or break it though because Shomin Sample's was really hit or miss and instead of focusing more on the jokes and situations they focused on the tits and thighs. Netoge isn't nearly as good of a series, the Shomin Sample manga is much better, but it still has it's good points (the three main girls are pretty great, especially once the main girl gets development into...well, you'll see). That said at least the art will be a lot better. Netoge's manga art is pretty rough. Looks good on first glance, but no matter which direction the character faces their boobs are like full forward and it's super distracting. Dude contorts bodies into weird pretzel shapes.

Cornbread78

That means absolutely nothing to me. I came into the thread looking for what's on the horizon. Are these not accurate descriptions?

The descriptions are better when read as "Why" someone would want to watch it, especially when the show is based off existing source material from manga/LN. We got user descriptions as a better way to connect to the show in some cases. Below is the standard synopsis found on MAL or multiple other sites.

While spending summer with his mother, Haru meets Ren, a boy newly adopted by his mother. Getting along with Ren isn't easy as Haru's goal is to "civilize" him by the time summer ends. Their relationship slowly improves as Haru spends more time with Ren and in return Ren steadily warms up to him. Can they really become a "family" at the end of summer!?
(I'll add to the OP)

Also, here is a description of the genre this falls under:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yaoi#Sh.C5.8Dnen-ai

Cornbread78

DTL is a super yaoi fan with idiosyncratic tastes that few others will agree with. Why Cornbread took descriptions from him for this thread is beyond me.

Is his opinion any less valid than anyone else that provided feedback from the manga/anime threads? Everyone in any of the threads is "idealistic" in what they think is "good," as well as, what their interpretation of what the show is and why other would like it. There are quite a few others here that are Yaoi fans that may not be as open and opinionated as DTL, however, that doesn't mean I discount what his user feedback/description is. It could very well be a fair assessment of the manga/anime; I have no idea personally. It is tagged as Shounen-Ai clearly under Genre and I noted again below that it was BL.

Wrong:

Anyone who calls Shirou a bad character never saw Gilgamesh get wrecked.

Okay, as awesome as those gifs look, that doesn't exactly serve as an argument as to why he's a good character.

How about explaining his character development, flaws, how he's different other anime protagonists, etc?

cj_iwakura

Okay, as awesome as those gifs look, that doesn't exactly serve as an argument as to why he's a good character.

How about explaining his character development, flaws, how he's different other anime protagonists, etc?

He starts out being a generic 'I want to protect everyone!' hero, but eventually learns what the cost of that really is, and how it's not a realistic perspective. It also continues on from Kiritsugi's outlook in Fate/Zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom