• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
xMdIU.jpg

lol. Gaf hype train be damned, looks like a terrible show.

At least hyouka is on today.

I think the timing for this show and the unpleasantries of this NBA post season are too much of a coincidence lol.

Kuroko no Basket ep 4

Yeah pretty boy after you went bankai you like that?! It was so um hgh..ghhg...ghghgngh.
No but seriously I really like the directing the show has and the pace. I've only started watching drama sports shows very recently but I have to say this is doing well. Most times it'll get to a point where the action seems like it drags when the focus shifts around. So we know Kuroko is weak physically but the rest of the team is pretty clutch when it matters. Buzzer beater ending, love it. Also really like the music in this show.

I hope this wont mean that/ next episode will be the last we see of Kise. Would be interesting if they play them again, or wait, this was just a practice game?

Kagami

Saki Side A 3
when they bust out
Saki
I - as darkside might put it - marked out like Marky-Mark at a Marky-Mark concert.
Haha pretty much.
I love the mahjong aura/Newtype stuff. So fierce.
She was probably lost looking for the bathroom again.

But I'm worried Achiga-hen will be one of those side-stories where the main story's cast steals the show.

Saki Achiga-hen: Episode of Side-A 3
Saki, now in one of Mako's longer skirts, thanks to unseen-in-animation events from later in the main Saki manga.
Ahhh was wondering about that.

Go_Ly_Dow

K-On! Movie July 18th

According to the notice to the video media stores, the Blu-ray and the DVD of K-On! Movie will be released on July 18th. The box office revenue of the movie was 1.7 billion yen ($ 21 million), which surpassed the income of Summer Wars in 2009.

Source

zeroshiki

AKB0048 Episode 1

Let's get it out of the way. The CG and plot is a joke. The main "conflict" of the first episode is laughable and probably fits in a Precure episode. That said though, its surprisingly well done for what it is and I can see why someone who's an AKB fan would enjoy this. There were alot of AKB songs and the BGM are instrumental versions of the AKB stuff.

10/10

p.s.
no Mayuyu is bullshit

Ultimadrago

Korra no yadda yadda 4

This is the first Korra episode where the dialogue has made me pause.

The council leading the offensive against Amon was obvious as was the plan to pressure Korra publicly to join the task force

Bolin as poor man's Sokka confirmed.
The CG vehicles also need a break.

This episode didn't bode well with me, I hope the next one fares better.

It was neat to see a snap of older Toph though.

survivor

Banned
I nearly throw up multiple times watching this tokyo arc,so much rage(mostly thanks to rock).

black lagoon is highly overrated(yes I used that word problem) it's another of those show if the characters had been gender swapped most people wouldn't give shit about it.

it's not a bad show, it's very underwhelming decent one, the arcs start off good with a cool dark sinister atmosphere giving you the impression some thing big is going to go down in this port side town but then it's followed by badly animated random goons being shot(animation is stiff like the characters are made of cardboard) ,crappy dialogue, name dropping westaboo films to pander to westaboos,lame one liners,some the worst talk no jutsu logic i have ever heard, the action is more like a fart in the wind then the action movie kind it would lead to believe is going to happen.

the best way to watch black lagoon is to watch the first and second episode and to never watch the ending of each arc.
My nakama

I may not agree with you on Girl Who leapt Through Time, but I agree with everything you said about Black Lagoon with the addition that I also find it boring.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Man, you had the opportunity of posting another one of those Kanon images on the first post of the page, and start a revolution...

But duckroll told us not to mention Kanon at all, not just post pictures! Let it be forever memorialized in this post that you were the first to disobey.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
But duckroll told us not to mention Kanon at all, not just post pictures! Let it be forever memorialized in this post that you were the first to disobey.

"From then on, let us pretend we never mentioned Kanon. Okay? :) "

That's asking not telling which means we can and it's not disobeying since there was no order.

Gonna watch kanon

/XX/

Oh shit! I knew I shouldn't have edited my post to specify I was referring to THAT.

That's asking not telling which means we can and it's not disobeying since there was no order.

Gonna watch kanon
Brave guy, but I think duckroll's advise politely implied other things...

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Gonna watch kanon

Come to think of it, he's probably going to have a heart attack and die watching AKB0048 today, so I guess that no one has anything to fear. Carry on!

DiGiKerot

No. From this page forth, it's the era of AKB0048 - if the girls don't have heart-shaped highlights in their hair and eyes, than the character designs simply aren't worth caring about!

zeroshiki

Hyouka - 02

We're still at the character introduction stage and this episode introduces the 4th and last member of the Kotenbu and surprise, she's not your typical childhood friend. As always the visuals look gorgeous and the direction is top notch. I like how they show just how much Eru has Houtarou wrapped around her finger.

The concerns of some people over the show, namely how much of a douche Houtarou was and how lame the mysteries are, probably won't have their fears allayed but the show is showing some semblance of a plot with some kind of mystery that Eru probably wants Houtarou so solve. All in all though, this is still really good and my favorite show of the season
(next to AKB0048)

cajunator

Banned
I really couldn't pick between the two.

As they're all terrible.

There are three!

Good! But it needs the emoticon thing for it to work :(

AKB0048 Episode 1

Let's get it out of the way. The CG and plot is a joke. The main "conflict" of the first episode is laughable and probably fits in a Precure episode. That said though, its surprisingly well done for what it is and I can see why someone who's an AKB fan would enjoy this. There were alot of AKB songs and the BGM are instrumental versions of the AKB stuff.

10/10

p.s.
no Mayuyu is bullshit

Can't wait. I'll give every anime a try at least once.

Googled it and... what the....

Oh yes. THE. AKB0048!!

DiGiKerot

AKB0048 - Onigiri phone is the BEST phone. Seriously, Satelite always have the best stupid phone designs.

Otherwise, wow, that was certainly...something. Not really a fan of CG'ing idol performances (outside of Precure endings, obvious), but that performance scene was quite something. Just not for, you know, the singing and dancing and stuff.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Good! But it needs the emoticon thing for it to work :(

It looks like kind of terrible stuff that opportunistic Cafepress vendors churn out to leech off of whatever is popular at the moment
or, alternately, what would be for sale at Hot Topic a few months after the fad dies.

NewFresh

Tsuritama Ep.02 -Dropped-

Yeah, I can't watch this show. It's incredibly nice to look at, the color pallet and animation are great, but the MCs are infuriating and the plot is unappealing.

Code Geass R2 11

Kallen is still out of the picture and Xingke's unnamed illness still has not killed him.

Sayoko those seeds you have planted will make the next episode so interesting.

cajunator

Banned
It looks like kind of terrible stuff that opportunistic Cafepress vendors churn out to leech off of whatever is popular at the moment
or, alternately, what would be for sale at Hot Topic a few months after the fad dies.

I'll be honest. I did buy THIS

I don't regret it. Awesome shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom