• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you should think, what is the person asking for recommendations really looking for? It's fine and good to suggest School Days or Yami or Garzey's Wing to someone who is looking for that kind of experience (actually Garzey's Wing should be watched by everyone regardless of what they're looking for), but otherwise it's a bit... mean? I'd rather recommend something I really think the person asking would really enjoy, then just one of the shows on the list.
Then do so. I don't see why anyone needs to rag on another's recommendations.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Nazo no Kanojo X 7

pR0ft.jpg

I've said it last week, and I'll say it again: Oka > Urabe in every way possible.

Unbelievable, hahaha.

Urabe sure knows how to keep Tsubaki under his thumb, though. She gives him so little that when he gets a small bonus he falls to his knees.

Next week,
ear licking?!
Nice.

Such a low blow ... i was expecting this since kaito was made to compete in 2 games so far appart ..but the reasonning and the mind tricks used where really on a *sshole level ..

Next week Anna ..i expect some nice flashbacks for her too ( wait... her ??? i should have said him BUT BUT aaaargh....)

Ultimadrago

Hyouka 5

UwHxm.jpg

Time to stop hiding behind the glasses. We know who you are!

Well, this wasn't dull as I've been made to expect all these episodes. The focus, progress
and completion
of the mystery at hand is somewhat to thank for that. Art and storyboard for select scenes still look great especially the
wolf devouring rabbit
scene at around 21 minutes in.

Well, now that
the first mystery is done
, time to move on to "bigger and better" things, hopefully.
I'm not holding my breathe.

First episode to not bore me, but this show gets no "Free Pass" for all the previous snores induced. That said, I will be continuing on with it.

Cwarrior

none of theses stuff you mentioned are on uk netflix, thank the heavens we have some k-on looking girls with musical instruments.

A ton random stuff have been added recently before the only choice you had as a normal person was devil may cry and I think d-grayman if that counts as normal.

You should all tweet #Panty&Stocking to get it on TV!

am glad gananax is dead

Japanese Animation TV Ranking stuff, April 16-22 for medaka box

*0.2%(*0.4%) 04/18 (Wed) 1:50am-2:20am TV Tokyo Medaka Box

I don't know what this means but I hope it ruins your morning coffee break.

Steroyd

Does anyone recommend School Days intentionally without irony? I mean, I know most people recommend it because they think it's awful, but in some ways that's just the same as recommending it - people still want you to watch the damn thing, after all.

Well it is a very unique take on the romance genre with a harem attatchment, the likes of which we'll never see again.

survivor

Banned
Ginga e Kickoff 4

So the coach
either injured some player and he is traumatized or he fucked up some major goal and now is scared to play. Seeing how they know his name I would expect they can just google that shit and see what's making him scared

Erika continues to be the best character. It's almost criminal how they want Shou to be the MC

Risette

A Good Citizen
In Toonami revival news, Adult Swim has added Casshern Sins and ... to their online schedule for the Saturday night block.
I'm happy with this. Not sure how good the dub is though.
Interesting is better than good.
No.
I didn't say anything about it being good or not. Awfully eager for that semantics debate, broseph.
You should only recommend people things that are good unless they are specifically looking for something bad.

Ezalc

In Toonami revival news, Adult Swim has added Casshern Sins and Deadman Wonderland to their online schedule for the Saturday night block.

Oh wow that's pretty cool. Getting Casshern out there might educate some people about Tatsunoko, who knows maybe they could even play Karas once and that could result in more interest for Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2.

You should all tweet #Panty&Stocking to get it on TV!

Panty and Stocking on Adult Swim would be amazing, they should totally do this.

Makoto

Does anyone recommend School Days intentionally without irony? I mean, I know most people recommend it because they think it's awful, but in some ways that's just the same as recommending it - people still want you to watch the damn thing, after all.
I think only people who enjoy harem shows will be able to appreciate School Days.

Cwarrior

Fate zero 18

nice water cg
nice soundtrack

Am glad that's that over, I hope to never see kids again in fate zero there way too anime like they escaped from some other trashy anime.

Ginga e Kickoff 4

So the coach
either injured some player and he is traumatized or he fucked up some major goal and now is scared to play. Seeing how they know his name I would expect they can just google that shit and see what's making him scared

Erika continues to be the best character. It's almost criminal how they want Shou to be the MC

they have ukiukipedia.

Kazzy

I'd be right in assuming that Baccano! is one of those series that is lauded for it's English dub, right?

I'd have no problem with that, in fact I only actively avoid one when there is a dissonance with the setting, so that'd be most Anime!

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I'd be right in assuming that Baccano! is one of those series that is lauded for it's English dub, right?

I'd have no problem with that, in fact I only actively avoid one when there is a dissonance with the setting, so that'd be most Anime!

Baccano's dub is great, and the show itself is also great.

survivor

Banned
Ginga e Kickoff 5

If you can't make them join, then stalk them. The preview indicated that they
are getting filler players for the rest of the team. So I'm guessing they are only focusing on 8 players and the last 3 are just stock characters?

I can't imagine watching Bacanno subbed. 1930s New York gangs speaking Japanese? Just doesn't feel right

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Ginga e Kickoff 5

If you can't make them join, then stalk them. The preview indicated that they
are getting filler players for the rest of the team. So I'm guessing they are only focusing on 8 players and the last 3 are just stock characters?

One of them isn't. And we're talking about the best player.

Go_Ly_Dow

Hyouka 5

Loved it. Everything felt so lively.

Hope we get episodes that take a step back from club activities, with the characters just doing random shit together.

Like 90% of K-ON episodes!

Jex

Hanasaku Iroha movie: Home Sweet Home

http://www.hanasakuiroha.jp/

While I am glad that's it's not something like another series I am not particularly excited to see more Hansaku Iroha because the finale was so satisfying.
MGX 7

it's weird that bust sizes change like literally every scene/angle switch, but an otherwise fun and surprisingly sexy eps.

Yeah, I am not one to regularly notice or complain about this but it does seem rather silly. Can't just keep these things straight?

Jex

I recommend it but not just because it's awful. I recommend it because it's the best harem anime ever made.

In Toonami revival news, Adult Swim has added Casshern Sins and Deadman Wonderland to their online schedule for the Saturday night block.
Won't Deadman Wonderland run into censorship issues? I only saw a couple episodes of the show, but I seem to remember it being problematic while it was airing.

Casshern Sins really didn't do anything for me when I tried watching it recently, but from what I saw and read I think it's a perfect fit for Adult Swim. Definitely something I would have looked forward to watching late at night.

Jex

[AKB0048] - 4

So...what happens to members when they 'graduate' from AKB0048? Are they killed? Frozen in ice? Do they just dissapear.

Anyway, this was actually a really solid episode by all accounts (with some amazing CG). I almost forgot how silly the premise of the show was until that one girl revealed that
she had become an idol to take revenge for her father.
Oh Kawamori....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom