• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Hyouka 5

Is that character development I'm watching?
He decided to spend some of his own energy because the others spend more energy than he can care to imagine! That's character development, alright. Back in the first episode Oreki wouldn't even consider that as a possibility. And then, in the following scene, he gets a call from his sister... And immediately starts thinking about the events that happened around Sekitani Jun because the theory he gave Chitanda was incomplete/incorrect!
It really is pretty good. It's getting harder and harder to bash the show now :(
Fate/Zero Ep1 is great. Fate/Zero_Ep1_Defenders represent!! :D

I believe they're correctly titled 'apologists'.

Makoto

Nyarko-san 7
ibtDTANyNWHcmB.png

tableflip.gif

WHY WON'T YOU LOVE HER, STUPID BOY?

There was some top tier Nyarko moe this episode.

jman2050

Nyarko-san: Another Crawling Chaos 7

Less crappy forced romance drama shit and more moe funny faces please

I'm wagering on there being a comedic payoff to the romance nonsense before the series end, or at least I hope.

More than enough Kana Asumi and moe funny faces to cover over that fortunately!

Cwarrior

Fate zero 19 -I...I..I want to be batman

Haha awesome episode the sound design really makes this show, conversation between those two was enjoyable to listen to.

Watching fate zero is gambling with your life, your either going to suffer of boredom or find pleasure I don't think I've watched an anime this inconsistent.

Great anime.....only when it wants to be

Jex

Fate zero 19
Watching fate zero is gambling with your life, your either going to suffer or find pleasure I don't think I've watched an anime this inconsistent.

I really don't think that is often, or ever, the appropriate response to a post, but nevertheless:

avengers.jpg

Theonik

Fate zero 19 -I...I..I want to be batman

Haha awesome episode the sound design really makes this show, conversation between those two was enjoyable to listen to.

Watching fate zero is gambling with your life, your either going to suffer of boredom or find pleasure I don't think I've watched an anime this inconsistent.

Great anime.....only when it wants to be
I felt the writing, the atmosphere and the general production of this show has been solid throughout with the exception of some CG scenes that seem to be Marmite or some like the CG trucks and maybe cars being bad. I don't see where comments on inconsistency come from. It's probably one of the most consistently well produced anime I've seen in some time.
Edit: I also don't see why people seem to hate episode 1. It was a great way to introduce the basics of the setting and main cast and the direction on the final scene was fantastic. Is it because it's long and has lots of talking? I see nothing inherently wrong with that.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Legend of the Galactic Heroes] 19-21

An action-packed LotGH arc. We have:
Excel Graphs.
Geometry.
Crossbows... in SPACE!
Meatshields.
Looney Tunes-logicks.
And mansluts.

All revolving around a coup d'état on one side and a Civil War on the other. Dat good old army life. Salute.

Ovlesser was a scary dude, but scarier was his death. Him squirming after being shot in the head made me wanna vomit.

:( Jessica is dead. Fuck the Alliance.

This series must end with Mahiro getting trolled in the worst way imaginable.
Mahiro will fork Nyaruko one time too many, finally shattering Nyaruko's hopes and dreams. Finished with suffering and filled with spite, Nyaruko decides that humanity can all just die. She goes full Outer God mode and crushes humanity's collective sanity beneath the weight of its own bitterness and unhappiness so that they may suffer as she has.

Then some psychological mumbojumbo happens involving Nyaruko making uncomfortable sexual contact with Azathoth.

Nyaruko and Mahiro wake up on a beach. Mahiro is pregnant. Roll credits.

/XX/

Hey, y'all know I am only doing this because of duckroll.
Yep.
Showing support on this encouraging way makes it seem more clear that duckroll is not alone. You know, we are united on this opinion until the end, even tongue-in-cheek.

Also, I'm practically never serious (even sometimes when I want to be serious), but I suppose that doesn't permeates well with the dry and stiff manner in which I use Mr. Shakespeare's language.

Jex

[FMA:Brotherhood] 4-5

The early going of Brotherhood is really quite problematic. They're in a rush to get through the 'old material' which makes perfect sense because they don't want to bore people but so much is lost in terms of your attachment to Ed and Al, and not to mention the side-characters who appear for certain specific arcs, that I can't really praise what they did here. I mean, the original series is still there for all the people who want to visit it and experience a far better opening, but it's just a shame that you can't simply recommend Brotherhood as 'the only series you need to watch'.

For the fourth episode I don't really feel like they did anything wrong in terms of tone or direction, as they did in the second episode, but the way they move through they barrelled through he material helps to remind me how vastly superior the original version of this arc was.

The fifth episode fares a lot better because there's lots of action which, as you'd imagine for a BONES production, looks great. They also do a great job of establishing Scar as a serious threat to just about every character that we've met so far and the scene between Ed and Al as the episode draws a close is great. Yet, at the same time, I am reminded that so much of what I like about these characters really comes from how they were introduced in the original show which means I am 'transporting' my attachment of them from that show into this one, even though Brotherhood hasn't really earned it at all.

Jex

I've just watched Angel Beats! which is the first anime I've seen bar a few shows as a child and I really, really enjoyed it.

What other anime (movies or series) would you recommend on either Netflix Instant or Hulu?

Thanks.

Normally I'd happily give out a recommendation, but I don't know if we share similar tastes.

I also don't know much about streaming anime, I wonder if anyone has a list of all the best anime and manga available on streaming services?

I could recommend a bunch of stuff if I wasn't just limited to streaming services.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
[FMA:Brotherhood] 4-5

The early going of Brotherhood is really quite problematic. They're in a rush to get through the 'old material' which makes perfect sense because they don't want to bore people but so much is lost in terms of your attachment to Ed and Al, and not to mention the side-characters who appear for certain specific arcs, that I can't really praise what they did here. I mean, the original series is still there for all the people who want to visit it and experience a far better opening, but it's just a shame that you can't simply recommend Brotherhood as 'the only series you need to watch'.

For the fourth episode I don't really feel like they did anything wrong in terms of tone or direction, as they did in the second episode, but the way they move through they barrelled through he material helps to remind me how vastly superior the original version of this arc was.

The fifth episode fares a lot better because there's lots of action which, as you'd imagine for a BONES production, looks great. They also do a great job of establishing Scar as a serious threat to just about every character that we've met so far and the scene between Ed and Al as the episode draws a close is great. Yet, at the same time, I am reminded that so much of what I like about these characters really comes from how they were introduced in the original show which means I am 'transporting' my attachment of them from that show into this one, even though Brotherhood hasn't really earned it at all.

Have you read the Fullmetal Alchemist manga, Jexhius, or is this your first contact with the Brotherhood storyline?

survivor

Banned
Sengoku Collection 4

A darker episode than the previous three and this one featured a better designed character than the mess we got last episode.

I find it funny how she is able to stop bullets with her sword but got stabbed by a random prisoner. Also since her treasure was not taken that means we will see more of Date Masamune and that's a good thing.

Sengoku Collection 4

A darker episode than the previous three and this one featured a better designed character than mess we got last episode.

I find it funny how she is able to stop bullets with her sword but got stabbed by a random prisoner. Also since her treasure was not taken that means we will see more of Date Masamune and that's a good thing.

If only they werent cheap with the battle choreography

I think that was my second favorite episode, after ep 7.

Duck Maiden of Amnesia 07

Memory reset? Noooo :(

atleast we're getting into the meat of the story now, this is only one season long right? The manga is ongoing, I wonder how they will handle this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom