• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 | Welcome Home, Space Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
That's pretty much the Sei climax, as it were. lol

I see what you did there. :D

Maria-sama ga Miteru 05

Maria-sama15.png

It was so sad seeing the Roses graduate. Rosa Foetida barely got any exposure at all besides episode two and this one where
we learned that her and Sei were at odds with one another since elementary school
. I wished they revealed that earlier with a personal episode or flashback, just something that revealed more of her character.

iavi

For the people who may not already now, and are interested, The Funi mobile app recently came out; Android, IOS. And it's actually the nicest looking of the mobile streaming apps I've used thus far (Actually following the theme of ICS on android), and streams animu at a better quality than either Crunchyroll or Netflix. I've been using it to watch Brotherhood.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I don't think anyone actually buys those. It's just an out-of-print product, so third party sellers jack up the prices for suckers. Happens with pretty much anything. Aniplex is doing a re-release later this year.

Yes, this is pretty clearly reseller panic mode thanks to the fact that reprints are coming. Sometimes there are suckers to be found in these situations, though! When the Radiant Historia remake was announced, I threw my copy on ebay above retail and got almost $80 for it. News doesn't travel as quickly as you'd think.

cajunator

Banned
Yes, this is pretty clearly reseller panic mode thanks to the fact that reprints are coming. Sometimes there are suckers to be found in these situations, though! When the Radiant Historia remake was announced, I threw my copy on ebay above retail and got almost $80 for it. News doesn't travel as quickly as you'd think.

I guess this is why a flimsy thinpack set of Nanoha A's is going for $350+.
Its kind of insane how much OOP anime gets marked up at.
I probably got lucky just spending $150 on Ichigo Mashimaro.
and I only spent $35 on that Nanoha A's set]

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I guess this is why a flimsy thinpack set of Nanoha A's is going for $350+.
Its kind of insane how much OOP anime gets marked up at.
I probably got lucky just spending $150 on Ichigo Mashimaro.

Actually, I assume that those are just legitimately rare and, as repugnant as the prices are, it's still a supply-and-demand issue at heart. Gouging relies more on hype than actual rarity, I'd say.

cajunator

Banned
Hahaha I hope no one would pay $2000 for Oreimo.

This makes me wonder what DVDs I have that could sell for a lot of money. The only one I know of thats rare and valuable is the original Tenchi Muyo Pioneer DVD set.

I have that Oreimo set and the CCS Pioneer DVD and the Nanoha A's box so all I gotta do is find some 1% suckers.

Actually nah cause I'd never sell any of it. none.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Hahaha I hope no one would pay $2000 for Oreimo.

This makes me wonder what DVDs I have that could sell for a lot of money. The only one I know of thats rare and valuable is the original Tenchi Muyo Pioneer DVD set.
Dragon Boxes 1,2,4 have high value. Do you have those?

Jarmel

Banned
Zero no Tsukaima F- Complete

Zero-no-Tsukaima-F-06-000170.jpg

Day of the kugiloli. Oh boy. I knew it was going to be bad but damn. So many plot threads dropped like hot shit and others resolved quick as fuck. Arguments resolved in less than 10 minutes. For example the whole bit about Saito not being a nobleman was never even brought up again. They really needed more episodes or to have utilized their earlier seasons in a better fashion. Harem hijinks didn't serve any purpose and weren't even good as otaku insertion.

Despite this being a horrible TV series it still manages to be better than the second and third season. They toned down somewhat on the ecchi and seemed to be atleast trying to tell a story.

The whole dragon bit was stupid as fuck and not that interesting. I mean they recite throughout the season that they need the 4 Void Users and in the end half the numbers work. Like what the fuck. How did this shit sell in Japan?

Branduil

For the people who may not already now, and are interested, The Funi mobile app recently came out; Android, IOS. And it's actually the nicest looking of the mobile streaming apps I've used thus far (Actually following the theme of ICS on android), and streams animu at a better quality than either Crunchyroll or Netflix. I've been using it to watch Brotherhood.

Look at what you've done to pizzaroll

ibxHJSb2rbzjy4.jpg

Arghhh doesn't work on my phone! Guess I'm stuck with whatever is on Crunchy for on the go.

Jarmel

Banned
Comparing SnS and ZnT F has made me appreciate how rare it is to have a decent male protagonist.

Oh and playing the theme song or the first OP in the final battle for any medium, such as videogames, makes the fight ten times more amazing. That nostalgia factor.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Zetman 3

The crazy animation style from the first episode's back. Good stuff.

ZET's blows look so fierce when they're using this style.
That 1H-KO really felt like an 1H-KO, for example.

And once again
they stand behind glass walls.
Unbelievable.

I didn't quite understand why he suddenly started
"deteriorating"
. Maybe they'll explain later. Oh, well.

And next week...
Braces
moe?!

wonzo

Banned

jp_zer0

Banned
Kids on the Slope;;Kids on the Dope

Were the animators on dope when they made this?

The animation is great, but why did they chose to make the shadows and the highlights so soft? It looks like the people are made out of sand, and a Photoshop beveled image in some parts.

Worse of all they combined this awful shading technique with a thick, black outline. The outline stays the same throughout the image, with the same thickness and everything. The outline has total closure. There are no breaks, different colors, or softening to dilute the thick black outline and make it sink in with the image.

The combination with the outline and the soft shading makes the art in this show like a lazy photoshop painting, that uses the worst, and most elementary brushes.

1OTXj.jpg

Note the top and bottom screen. No, the bottom screen is not from the show, but note how harmonious it is with the top. Some parts of each image are exactly the same, like the back of the kid's head.

VYuDj.jpg

This image looks like something out of Apollon. Note the thick black outline that is the same throughout. Notice the shading that makes each character like grainy mud.

DcscX.gif

This gif shows how soft shading and highlights can be used appropriately. The soft shading is used sparingly in the face and the hands. In the face it is used to show blush in the face and in the hands it is used to give depth. Soft shading is never used too much because it can make the image look like cancer.

Also in this gif, the outlines are not the same color or size. This gives the image a more sense of realism, because humans do not look like pen outlined blobs.

I am sorry if I come off a bit strong. This is my break time and I meant to use it to watch this show. Instead of finishing it I decided to write this post in order to express my dismay. I am dropping it without question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom