• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Clannad 5

Tomoya has the best pranks.

I really don't care about Fuko very much as a character, but the show does it's best to push her hard on the viewer to it's credit and does it well. Just not enough right now for me to care on equal or comparable level with Nagisa and Tomoya. Her's will probably be the most bizarre story though (but that's kinda obvious).

Looks like spoilers are out for the final OreImo volume and
there's really no defending of this vile shit now. ~incest end~

AFAIK it's
------------straight incest------------

GIognFP.gif

CorvoSol

CourvoSol, did GEASS break your brain? I see no other reason why you would purchase Sonic 2K6. Did you buy it before GEASS? Sonic 2K6 isn't as entertaining!

Hahaha, Geass did break me, but I bought S2K6 after I'd finished it. The fun of the game is in playing it with my brother. Our mutual mockery of it makes things entertaining.

Speaking of mind bending stuff, I'm still mulling over whether or not I'm ready to start SAO. I can't decide if it's just that my shift key is crying out for attention, or if I just enjoy hatewatching on some not so secret level.

Thoraxes

Hahaha, Geass did break me, but I bought S2K6 after I'd finished it. The fun of the game is in playing it with my brother. Our mutual mockery of it makes things entertaining.

Speaking of mind bending stuff, I'm still mulling over whether or not I'm ready to start SAO. I can't decide if it's just that my shift key is crying out for attention, or if I just enjoy hatewatching on some not so secret level.

There's Geass and then there's SAO.

SAO doesn't live up to the greatness of Geass, it's just stupid.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
And this is why Light Novel writers should take a leaf out of Ima Asuhed's (author of award winning series Sword Art Online) book and
self insert. Guaranteed to at least get on with one gal in the end so you feel good about yourself getting it on with a character you made up.

Dynedom

Don't.

Your time is better spent on more fun mecha show like Vandread.

Kusagari

Oreimo ending sounds like an even dumber copout than I had ever expected.

So the author basically gives a true incest end but then turns chicken after doing it and decides to try to leave the ending open. Even though from what I'm reading it's written pretty clear that the incest won out.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oreimo ending sounds like an even dumber copout than I had ever expected.

So the author basically gives a true incest end but then turns chicken after doing it and decides to try to leave the ending open. Even though from what I'm reading it's written pretty clear that the incest won out.
You mean it isn't perfectly normal for two (almost adult?) siblings to have a pretend wedding?

Jintor

Hmm, there seems to be an attack on the show-within-a-show of Oreimo parody OP, but no actual attack on oreimo video.

Clannad 5

Tomoya has the best pranks.

I really don't care about Fuko very much as a character, but the show does it's best to push her hard on the viewer to it's credit and does it well. Just not enough right now for me to care on equal or comparable level with Nagisa and Tomoya. Her's will probably be the most bizarre story though (but that's kinda obvious).

Fuko's story makes me cry every time.
tumblr_m4x7pbuugu1rq8bbg.gif

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Utena is really not a "mahou shoujo" in the sense that Sailor Moon or Precure are. It just happens to star a girl and have some magic.
I wouldn't put it this way, as Utena is all about the Sailor Moon episode structure and style without being tied down to the specific content of the genre itself. It's more like, "hey let's do this as if it were a magical girl show", and so you have pervasive stock footage each episode with standard scene forms, transformations, and killshots. You even have an animal mascot.

Revolutionary Girl Utena: The Adolescence of Utena

I was actually a bit disappointed with this. It's good, but the TV show was so much better. The film didn't have anything close to the same emotional punch or level of characterization. I can't even imagine watching this before the TV series and getting much out of it. A case of too high expectations I suppose.

Thoraxes

I was actually a bit disappointed with this. It's good, but the TV show was so much better. The film didn't have anything close to the same emotional punch or level of characterization. I can't even imagine watching this before the TV series and getting much out of it. A case of too high expectations I suppose.

The movie mindfucked me.

It was concentrated madness and fabulousness and I loved every second of it. My body was not ready.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

The music.

Taruranto

bbbbut

lesbians cars

The music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYsiNdqYiSY

Shergal

I know. I mean, I liked Geass, and R2 is a love-hate thing, but it's also been awhile since I finished Gundam 00. I dunno.

I thought SAO was not just bad, but extremely boring, not even in a bad-good way. I dropped it around ep. 7 or 8 I think.

Have you watched Madoka Magica? You probably have, but since you hadn't watched Geass and I didn't find posts of yours about PMMM, I might as well ask. It could be a really amusing show to comment on, and on top of only being 12 episodes it's well paced and entertaining throughout.

The music.

The music was great, just as it was in the TV show.

It's probably unfair to compare a 39 episode TV series to a 1:20 long movie, but while the movie was entertaining, it lacked the umph that made the show so powerful. The symbolism worked in the TV series because of the time spent developing these characters and situations, the pacing of the film left me feeling empty despite the quality of its animation and direction.

CorvoSol

I thought SAO was not just bad, but extremely boring, not even in a bad-good way. I dropped it around ep. 7 or 8 I think.

Have you watched Madoka Magica? You probably have, but since you hadn't watched Geass and I didn't find posts of yours about PMMM, I might as well ask. It could be a really amusing show to comment on, and on top of only being 12 episodes it's well paced and entertaining throughout.

Sounds like a magical girl show. Those are sorta out of my bounds.

Shergal

Sounds like a magical girl show. Those are sorta out of my bounds.

It's actually pretty dramatic and has the sort of moral clashes you seem to like.

It's not what it looks like from the outside, and even people who aren't really into magical girls (like me) can enjoy it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

This is a movie that shines on rewatches.
I wouldn't put it this way, as Utena is all about the Sailor Moon episode structure and style without being tied down to the specific content of the genre itself. It's more like, "hey let's do this as if it were a magical girl show", and so you have pervasive stock footage each episode with standard scene forms, transformations, and killshots. You even have an animal mascot.
About as much comic relief as Pen Pen.

Jintor

Who was that chap who went into Madoka Magica blind earlier in the thread? I was really enjoying their episode by episode reactions.
Especially the 'Haha, Madoka hasn't even become a magical girl yet' comments. BAHAHAHAHAHA

fertygo

The music was great, just as it was in the TV show.

It's probably unfair to compare a 39 episode TV series to a 1:20 long movie, but while the movie was entertaining, it lacked the umph that made the show so powerful. The symbolism worked in the TV series because of the time spent developing these characters and situations, the pacing of the film left me feeling empty despite the quality of its animation and direction.

Honestly I thought the movie had more "punch".. the climax make me edging on the seat, also the ending man.. wow.

But you're right the TV have better characterization, I'm surprised though you not like it a bit more.. maybe you watch it too fast.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Looks like spoilers are out for the final OreImo volume and
there's really no defending of this vile shit now. ~incest end~

... Yeah, knew this was coming but still... >>;

Slayers NEXT 12

Something I find odd, though, about all of Lina's encounters with Monsters is that NO ONE brings up that little tidbit where she KILLED THE KING OF THE MONSTERS AND GOD OF EVIL. I mean, it just seems odd. You'd think it'd've made her famous among Monsters or something.

That was only a piece of Shabrinigdo IIRC, like 1 of 7.

Gunbuster
Diebuster

Oh my god. It's like, its like Gainax was meant to create amazing Mecha anime. They're both so similar, and yet so different to NGE and Gurren Lagann.

Diebuster in particular, I was emotionally invested in only 6 episodes. And
how they tied it into the original series was brilliant and sad. Also Nono splitting objects all the time by accident, and realizing that the first enemy they fought was simply obeying her commands!

Has anyone read the manga sequel to the original Gunbuster? What is it about? Does it explain what the "Space Monsters" are?
Both shows say that they're the "immune system" of the universe. The hell? Also, the "Topless" abilities from Diebuster are said to be humans evolving into Space Monsters, did they mean the red ones like Nono, or the asshole crazy ones?

Fuko's story makes me cry every time.
tumblr_m4x7pbuugu1rq8bbg.gif

I don't know about you, but to me, Fuko's backstory felt kind of...
wasted.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate it, (hell I don't even dislike it) but I feel that they threw away the entire sadness factor of it for comedy relief. I honestly was getting sad at the whole "she's a ghost and people are starting to forget her" thing, but after that wedding, everyone forgets her and then they just bring her back for little comedy relief scenes.

I don't know why it just feels like really bad taste. The whole forgetting aspect of it was supposed to be sad, but now it's being used as comedy relief? I know the whimsical aspect is part of her character but it feels bad laughing at those scenes after her story. It seems kinda mean spirited.

Who was that chap who went into Madoka Magica blind earlier in the thread? I was really enjoying their episode by episode reactions.
Especially the 'Haha, Madoka hasn't even become a magical girl yet' comments. BAHAHAHAHAHA

That was Syrinx. I'll never forget his reaction to
episode 3.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Next time they should try reading something that is not called "My Little Sister Can't Possibly Be This Cute".
You know,
maybe Oreimo is the response to the idea that people who are into incest don't have actual siblings. "Ok, sure, your sister is a bitch to you, but she's really just tsun and once you get past that it's smooth sailing!"

You know,
maybe Oreimo is the response to the idea that people who are into incest don't have actual siblings. "Ok, sure, your sister is a bitch to you, but she's really just tsun and once you get past that it's smooth sailing!"

But they kiss and have a fake wedding! That's not exactly consistent with an anti-incest message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom