• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uchoten Kazoku key visual:

mainvisual_02.jpg

A few good designs, but so many characters. I dont know what to expect.

duckroll

Has Miyazaki really lost it?!

Hayao Miyazaki's new movie Kaze Tachinu opens in Japan on July 20. Today they had a press conference where they announced the full cast and screened the 4 minute trailer to the press for the first time. The trailer screens in cinemas across Japan starting this weekend. But that's not what I'm here to share with you. You can check out details about the movie and pretty posters in Sculli's thread here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=541425

I'm here to talk to you about the amazing audio production details for this movie. It is either an act of true artistic genius, or Miyazaki has lost his marbles due to old age. It's hard to tell which is which yet, but the producer confirmed at the press conference that the film will feature a mono only soundtrack and that for the fighter plane engine sound effects, they've decided to employ a technique of recording effects produced by human vocals.

This, combined with the fact that the lead role in the film is played by Hideaki Anno, makes the audio in the film potentially jarring. Anno is the director of Evangelion. He's 53 years old, and he's not a professional voice actor or normal actor in any capacity. He is an animator and a director. But it doesn't seem to have deterred Miyazaki from casting him in the lead role of a young man. Super weird.

The movie looks pretty interesting, and is definitely one of the most realistic and heaviest films which Miyazaki has ever made, but this is just starting to sound strange. I understand the desire to want to do "old things" to capture the 1920s era, which the film is set in, but I dunno if this is a great idea considering how mainstream Ghibli is, and the normal expectations attached to a big blockbuster film from the studio and from Miyazaki. Lol.

kMt5JFo.jpg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Looks like spoilers are out for the final OreImo volume and
there's really no defending of this vile shit now. ~incest end~

Its not even the real ending is it?

Theres a 10 years after novel inside of the BD for the show.

I bet theres a swerve ending there. Kuroneko still wins.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
smh

Don't be in denial. It'll have Kirino's children kissing each other.

Calling it now:

He has a boy with Kirino and a girl with Kuroneko.

The two kids kiss each other and thats the end of OreImo.

Everybody goes home both happy and disgusted. A truly fitting ending.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Calling it now:

He has a boy with Kirino and a girl with Kuroneko.

The two kids kiss each other and thats the end of OreImo.

Everybody goes home both happy and disgusted. A truly fitting ending.
Better:

He marries Kirino, but cheats on her with Kuroneko. Kirino murders him, and when Kuroneko confronts her she can't bring herself to take revenge. Kirino and Kuroneko realize the bond they've always shared and marry.

It ends with a teaser for My Daughter Can't Be This Cute.
It's true. There are places even my own mind doesn't readily go to.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Better:

He marries Kirino, but cheats on her with Kuroneko. Kirino murders him, and when Kuroneko confronts her she can't bring herself to take revenge. Kirino and Kuroneko realize the bond they've always shared and marry.

It's true. There are places even my own mind doesn't readily go to.

Oh this is a good one.

Tempting as those spoilers are, I know better than to read them for fear of disappointment.

Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! 01

Jegus I think this is the most trope-filled thing I've ever seen. I'm just speechless.

What was even going on. Why is there -- who is that -- where did they -- HUH?!

Why. Just. WHY

The first episode receives
-20 Sword Art Onlines
Your better off playing the VN.

The anime adaption is sadly weak.

OceanBlue

the producer confirmed at the press conference that the film will feature a mono only soundtrack and that for the fighter plane engine sound effects, they've decided to employ a technique of recording effects produced by human vocals.

LOL. I don't even know what to think about this, but expectations are low.

Ok, I went to check and it's not fully confirmed but still a clusterfuck nonetheless.

i checked myself and the ending is a giant mess.

Kirino won.But since it's wrong( incest and such ) kyousuke tell that he won't have any feelign for any of the girls. They act like they are normal siblings while hidding the fact that they are in a relationship to everyone ???

And they plan to continue to deceive everyone until they are older but for now they just want to enjoy their otaku hobby together ?

Waouh.

I'd argue that the psp endings are 200% better than this.

The more info i read the more it contradict several things from the previous books ... and the sad thing is that it's legit ... it's like the author said "screw this" and ignored the rest of the story.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

Hayao Miyazaki's new movie Kaze Tachinu opens in Japan on July 20. Today they had a press conference where they announced the full cast and screened the 4 minute trailer to the press for the first time. The trailer screens in cinemas across Japan starting this weekend. But that's not what I'm here to share with you. You can check out details about the movie and pretty posters in Sculli's thread here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=541425

I'm here to talk to you about the amazing audio production details for this movie. It is either an act of true artistic genius, or Miyazaki has lost his marbles due to old age. It's hard to tell which is which yet, but the producer confirmed at the press conference that the film will feature a mono only soundtrack and that for the fighter plane engine sound effects, they've decided to employ a technique of recording effects produced by human vocals.

This, combined with the fact that the lead role in the film is played by Hideaki Anno, makes the audio in the film potentially jarring. Anno is the director of Evangelion. He's 53 years old, and he's not a professional voice actor or normal actor in any capacity. He is an animator and a director. But it doesn't seem to have deterred Miyazaki from casting him in the lead role of a young man. Super weird.

The movie looks pretty interesting, and is definitely one of the most realistic and heaviest films which Miyazaki has ever made, but this is just starting to sound strange. I understand the desire to want to do "old things" to capture the 1920s era, which the film is set in, but I dunno if this is a great idea considering how mainstream Ghibli is, and the normal expectations attached to a big blockbuster film from the studio and from Miyazaki. Lol.

kMt5JFo.jpg

Shoulda done the movie in black and white while he was at it. Go all Steamboat Willie!

Averon

Thank god I didn't invest myself in Oreimo's characters. Reading /a/ has been quite the laugh. Now I want the anime to hurry up and end so I can purge this series from my mind.

For some reason I want to rewatch Police Academy now.

Branduil

iYaIzBqraCbbq.gif

Averon

The next big LN to be adapted is likely Mahouka Koukou No Rettousei, which has a MC so overpowered that he makes Kirito and Jesus Yamato blush. It also has incest pandering with the brocon sister. Can't wait for the shit-storm on here and /a/ when that airs next year.

Is it bad that I want to go find everyone who said
it's not about incest,
really! and laugh in their face?

No. I mean, I really don't understand how people could not see where this series was heading. The title gives it away!

BluWacky

I want to see a new sort of garbage.

If we could have more light novels like Twelve Kingdoms (I know you hate it, but I don't!), or Kino's Journeys - or hell, even Read or Die - that would be just swell.

I'd even take Scrapped Princess again, if I could.

OceanBlue

The next big LN to be adapted is likely Mahouka Koukou No Rettousei, which has a MC so overpowered that he makes Kirito and Jesus Yamato blush. It also has incest pandering with the brocon sister. Can't wait for the shit-storm on here and /a/ when that airs next year.

The incest is the best though. But yeah, the MC is bullshit overpowered (at least, as far as I am in the series). I don't think it'll get the same reactions though since Dresden is doing a good job warning everyone.

The incest is the best though. But yeah, the MC is bullshit overpowered (at least, as far as I am in the series). I don't think it'll get the same reactions though since Dresden is doing a good job warning everyone.

Dresden warned us about SAO too, it didn't matter.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Is it bad that I want to go find everyone who said
it's not about incest, really!
and laugh in their face?
If s1 was all that existed in this world, then it's plausible deniability vs people wanting to see the worst.

You can only laugh and gloat because there's more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom