• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knew Cajun was Araragi.
Thanks for the laugh when i woke up !

Well at least in this show they made the princess a fun and engaging character as well as they did with Sink. So I'll give it points for that. It's nowhere near a re-creation of the Sonic 06 monstrosity. I'm just saying it brings back some bad memories.

But wait, are you saying that you enjoyed this?

This what it is : bad memories...
Dog days cast actually do things ..
Sonic 06 things were so bad they were retconned out of existence within the same game.

Railgun S 8-10

Fun fight. Bomba girl is adorable. For a show with 'scientific' in the title, they really are loose about that. The ending was a bit underwhelming though... so nothing happened.

Not really feeling the audio... what ya call them... tics? Stuff like science girl randomly saying english or chou- hoodie girl. Just feels just there because...

I feel like all this timeline thing is jumbled in my head. Can someone tell me how all the timelines of index/railgun stuff lines up?

Railgun S 8-10

Fun fight. Bomba girl is adorable. For a show with 'scientific' in the title, they really are loose about that. The ending was a bit underwhelming though... so nothing happened.

Not really feeling the audio... what ya call them... tics? Stuff like science girl randomly saying english or chou- hoodie girl. Just feels just there because...

I feel like all this timeline thing is jumbled in my head. Can someone tell me how all the timelines of index/railgun stuff lines up?

Dont really want to link to wiki's but..here

It's pretty accurate.

Railgun has just caught up to where episode 10 of the first season of Index begins. I believe most of Railgun takes places before Index begins.

Yeah, this.

sonicmj1

I don't even see how it's a waifu generator when it's not even generating reasonable facsimiles of the personalities they're supposedly generating! I can't understand it. So Otaku want a strong girl who's really not? A insulting girl that's really not? I can't understand how one can want something when from the start what they supposedly want and are being delivered is based on a lie.

If the girl is actually strong and independent, then she can exist without the otaku, thus she can hurt him. And the whole point of 2D fetishism is a love without risk, a love where no one can get hurt.

So they want a girl who can appear strong, but she has to depend on the love of her partner, because that way he'll always be needed.

1pAsu.png

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Good bye Spring Thread, we hardly knew ye.

Last Speed check
Since my last speed check we were posting 413 post per day (17.2 posts per hour), a 56.5% decrease probably due to E3.

Overall the thread moved at a rate of 644 posts per day (26.8 posts per hour), which almost exactly the rate from the pervious Spring OT, which means we were blazing and only slowed down due to E3.

Articalys

It's over, just deal with it. It's monumentally stupid to start the Summer thread when a ton of Spring shows still have two episodes left, but since when has this community made wise decisions?

I'm sure this thread will get locked once one of the mods is paying attention anyway.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Ayase was best girl this season. That is all.

Never mind. Guess we're still going here. I still stand by what I said though.

Syrinx

Hyouka 4

Well, that mystery about Chitanda's uncle was resolved...rather quickly. Houtarou explained what happened and it seemed to fit. The only question left is why what he said made Chitanda cry, and I guess that could be chalked up to him being bitter about it and her seeing a side of her uncle that she never saw before. Or she discovered for the first time that life is a cruel and unfair mistress. But I suppose if they're going to continue on with that, it's probably something else.

Maybe if they put this level of effort and research and thought into what happened to her uncle in India, they might be able to figure it out (he's almost certainly dead, but closure and all that). But Houtarou wouldn't do that, since it would be more work than he's willing to do, plus he's not getting anything out of it.

Theonik

It's not even good, though. I have sympathy for people who are just completely sick of seeing it at this point. Having an enormous excess of discussion over a franchise that doesn't embody any of the thread's ideals doesn't really benefit anyone.
This is a thread about anime. PreCure is anime.
How does it breach the premise of the thread?
Furthermore, there is actual discussion about the show here and the PreCure fanbase has helped grow the size of this community. So I can't see how PreCure discussion is anything but a net gain for the thread.

duckroll

Kiss Dum: Engage Planet 01:

I'm watching this due to a death pact that I made with someone. In case you're not aware, this was a Satelight/Kawamori sci-fi/mecha series from a few years back that was apparently notorious for production issues/rampant QUALITY and fell into immediate obscurity, especially among western anime fans due to it getting Hyouge Mono'd except over a vastly longer amount of time. I've been waiting years to try it, and the time finally came.

I could tell within minutes of beginning the episode that the show was doomed to trainwreck--the overwhelming quantity of vague terminology, organizations, and mystical bullshit alone was bewildering with exposition paced far too quickly to sufficiently process, and the terribly inconsistent animation, disorienting fight choreography, unintentionally comical enemy design, and diverse host of doofus characters interconnected in a sticky web of relationships all worked in concert to create a bizarre experience. And yet, I wouldn't call the episode bad, but I'm clearly going to enjoy this for all the wrong reasons so my evaluation is skewed.

I don't really know what to say other than to simply relate the finer points of the episode:

In the year 2031, a horde of mutated lifeforms emerge from a crack in the earth's crust and sink an ocean liner in the Pacific Ocean, killing thousands. In response, a special military and scientific organization is created to combat the new menace, but by 2051, the mutated lifeforms have followed oceanic currents and are now THREATENING JAPAN, because THAT'S WHAT MUTANT MONSTERS DO.

So there's some bullshit about something called the Book of the Dead that Yuno, a scientist, is convinced has to do with the appearance of the mutants, and due to "woman's intuition" (she seriously says this), she's somehow pinpointed the location of the Book of the Dead because a bunch of CG locusts have gathered somewhere in a gigantic swarm, which means, uhh, something. She's also in communication with a loli in a bikini floating in the ocean in an inntertube who knows about this shit because whatever.

Well, on Yuno's way to recover the book, MUTANT ARMAGEDDON breaks out and giant swarm balls of CG locusts appear all over the earth and begin to summon freakish-ass monsters called Hardians. One is a shark with tits riding a Graboid. NO JOKE. One is some kind of manticore thing with a snake for a tail. One is some kind of Yu-Gi-Oh dragon eagle thing gone way fucking wrong. One is just a misshapen brown blob that looks like a chiseled ass with arms and legs. I seriously have no clue how the whole thing works, but apparently the mutants can summon other mutants.

And so, all of Earth's cities are getting their shit wrecked and there's even a scene of some idiot looking out of her window going WHOA, THIS MONSTROUS SWARM OF CG LOCUSTS IS PRETTY COOL before said CG locusts somehow merge into a giant pink energy disc and blow up the house with extreme prejudice. All the while, important characters on the military side of things are getting introduced and sortied to their not-Valkyrie Fighters; there's Pederast Roy Fokker, whose only characterization so far is a shower scene where he talks about his muscles to a shota pilot while the camera remains fixed on shota pilot's dripping ass. Then, well, there's shota pilot. There are also two rowdy 2kool4skool frenemy dudes who have to get freed from the brig because they got into a fight over Yuno. One of them has spiky red hair and a breathe-right strip on their nose for that extra shounen panache.

So Yuno ends up in some underwater cave where she finally grabs the Book of the Dead, which is, for some reason, ACTUALLY A SWORD. Immediately after, some military goons kidnap her and she looks for a chance to escape on the helicopter ride back to the base; lucky for her, a swarm of CG locusts suddenly appears and engulfs the copter until it blows up, but Yuno and her manservant are okay because somehow there was a car in the helicopter and they were in it and LOL IDK they survive a several-hundred-foot fall to the earth in that thing. The military orders the pilots to capture her, but the frenemy dudes are hesitant to because they're both in love with her. Spiky Red Hair Dude gets distracted and gets crushed to death by a Hardian right in front of Yuno, who freaks out and STABS HIM BACK TO LIFE with the Book of the Dead sword, which not only revives him but apparently imbues him with some kind of power. Episode end.

Yeah, this is going to get weird. And probably really ugly. I genuinely can't wait to watch more because it definitely has the potential to be enjoyably insane.

YESSSSSSSSSSS. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. FINALLY! THE PACT BEGINS!

fertygo

This is a thread about anime. PreCure is anime.
How does it breach the premise of the thread?
Furthermore, there is actual discussion about the show here and the PreCure fanbase has helped grow the size of this community. So I can't see how PreCure discussion is anything but a net gain for the thread.

WHY YOU DO THIS ;__;

People shouldn't talk about anime in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom