• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

anime culture

Reading was the victim of a hostile twitter takeover yesterday when fans of a Japanese cartoon stole the rdg hashtag.

Yesterday evening, between 5pm and 6pm, loyal fans of the cartoon figure Red Data Girl stormed #rdg with more than 17,000 tweets.

Hashtag data shows that at peak the tweets reached an eye watering 17,500 an hour, usual use registers below 1,000 tweets.

Although their tweets have dramatically decreased, Red Data Girl's fans appear determined to continue their rule over #rdg so Reading is now tasked with finding an alternative hastag.

fertygo

Flower of Evil

This should be just a original anime so they wouldn't got negative response, its not like they give too much damn to the story with the super slow pacing because too busy showing off the retoscope with stickman animation,

The background and OST are awesome.

Flower of Evil

This should be just a original anime so they wouldn't got negative response, its not like they give too much damn to the story with the super slow pacing because too busy showing off the retoscope with stickman animation,

The background and OST are awesome.

I don't think being an original anime would have saved them from negative responses.

Lain

Ginga e Kickoff!! 37-39

Seeing the guys
losing the match
felt a little bit surprising, but also worked with what happened. I felt a bit bummed there but then came the revelation about their plan.... their crazy plan in regard to the Galactic Cup and damn if that didn't pump me up.
The start of episode 38 was a little bit embarrassing... no, not because certain players didn't look at all like what I'd expect them to look, but because the whole proposition of
kids playing not against simple adults, but against the world's best players is kinda crazy
, yet watching it happen was great.
I wouldn't have expected Ryuuji to be the first to
break down
as soon as the players got serious, but then that brought up some exciting plays and once again made Ginga one of the best soccer anime around for me.
The message that soccer is fun was delivered perfectly and, despite some :wonzo moments and a bit too much use of still shots, this show was a pleasure to watch.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)

nEtItIA.jpg

rip

e_i

Oregairu episode 1

So this show is a combination of Bakemono and Haganai? Yui is fucking adorable...and tall. Did the entire episode take place in ONE ROOM?

Dresden

ohgod7delu.gif

(and they used the same animations several times in the same episode)

don't see what's so bad here--it's clearly a metaphor for the distance with which we regard others in society; as they drift closer, we get a fleeting glimpse of their faces, a peek at their private lives which we then pass over as we subsume ourselves into our own set of miseries

Soma

don't see what's so bad here--it's clearly a metaphor for the distance with which we regard others in society; as they drift closer, we get a fleeting glimpse of their faces, a peek at their private lives which we then pass over as we subsume ourselves into our own set of miseries

9EbLtDv.png

CorvoSol

Man, 08th MS team was so good until it went off the rails. Today is the day I marathon through to the end of 00, so expect some curse words as I just found out Ali Al Sachez is still alive. Please don't tell my mom.

Branduil

I don't really get why they decided to keep how the animation looked a secret. I mean... it's just rotoscoping. It's not new.

Branduil

They probably didn't want everyone cancelling BD preorders.

That doesn't really make sense, they can still cancel them now. It seems to me that showing people what your show is going to look like before it airs is, I don't know, marketing 101. Why would you keep the visuals of something in an audiovisual medium a secret? I don't know what benefits that provides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom