• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Hosoda was in town yesterday and I didn't go see Wolf Children for the 3rd time. :/

I feel a little shitty about missing it... but it's not like I have a copy for him to sign or anything

Dennou Coil – A Circle of Children

According to my old memories, the body I was given was an empty shell, without life.

For the first 13 episodes,
Dennou Coil is like a terrific journey of discovery, filled with wonderful and imaginative designs, as the writers build a world setting that is at the same time fantastic yet believable. The sizable cast is introduced and character relationships established, all in a world that manages to seem alive, thanks to the subtly detailed animation. The battle between Isako and the Hackers Club plus Fumie, and the beard illegals episode were the highlight of this section of the show to me, then in the Plesio episode we have a major shift from the light hearted tone of the first half of the series to a heavier second half...

According to the words of Yuuko Amasawa, the path, that connects human beings each other, is so thin and easy to break.

From the light hearted
to life and death situations that Haraken, Yasako and Isako found themselves in towards the end of the series. You can notice a difference in the way how different characters act and react. You realize that characters like Fumie and Daichi, who haven't experienced a traumatic incidence, hold a more simplistic outlook on the events that happen throughout the story, such as Fumie refusing to believe the rumoured “other side”, and Daichi asking Isako to return ownership of his Hackers Club amidst more serious issues. On the other hand, characters such as Haraken and Isako, act with more maturity. They think more critically and are less likely to believe what they are told. They question authority and are more rebellious. One particular moment that stood out was when Isako broke down at Yasako’s home, this girl, who endured so much, has finally lost it, her brother dead, she's being charged as the sole responsible for all the accidents and has no one she can trust. It was to me a very well written moment that made her more realistic to me.
Nekome and his lack of character development make it impossible to empathize with him at all, he and Satchii(CG) were the low point of the series to me.
I was convinced of why the kids were so attached to the world of cyber glasses. They are kids. For them, whatever they see is everything. And the anime did make a good statement about reality vs. illusion and the realization of these two worlds by the children as they grow up, the connections they made in the cyber world and the real world were real to then, as long as they could feel it. Densuke… ;____;

Overall, Dennou Coil was an amazing series, one of the best I watched recently.

...when cyber pets die they migrate to a certain place.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
No avoid the general manga thread at all costs.

Last I heard they were talking about bleach shipping.

Gets better with each episode, but its very slow paced and the last game took nearly 10 episodes!

lol
slamdunkdqunv.png

survivor

Banned
Attack on Titan OP

Fantastic OP, both visually and musically and one of the best in the last few seasons. I have already listened to it over 20 times. Just so good. I suppose I could watch the anime, but I don't see the point since I already read the manga.

Red Data Girl 1

First episode was rather bland and boring. I mean sure there was some mystery, but the anime completely failed at grabbing my attention to bother watching the second episode. It wasn't that terrible, but at this point why bother? Odds are it will turn out crap ad I would have just wasted my time with it.

Devil Survivor 2 - 1

This was such a badly constructed episode. All these small chitchats between the characters are so bad and the infodumps don't really help. I don't know, I only played the game for few hours so I'm not a huge fan of it and I see nothing compelling in the show to make me continue watch it. However I am watching it with a friend so I really can't drop it even though I want to. Let's hope it just improves in the later episodes.

Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san 1-2

Lovely animations, nice absurd and crazy humour. Plus with 10 mins running time, I don't think I can complain that much about the pacing. As long they keep up the crazy antics I will keep watching.

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU 1

Fuck Brains Base. Fuck the entire light novels industry. Fuck everything about this anime.

Oreimo S2 1-2

The second episode was much stronger than the first due to the focus on the dating sim game and what it does to people. If there are more of these type of episodes, I will be down, but I know the show will go into serious drama mode just like the first season and end up being bad.

Yuyushiki 1

I can see this end up getting boring pretty fast. No need to continue with it.

Aiura 1

Well I can certainly waste my 3 mins on worse things, but this anime has some good background art so might as well keep watching it.

I think that's about everything that got my attention. Overall average season with nothing outstanding. Well there is Aku no Hana left so maybe that will be good.

Branduil

Attack on Titan OP

Fantastic OP, both visually and musically and one of the best in the last few seasons. I have already listened to it over 20 times. Just so good. I suppose I could watch the anime, but I don't see the point since I already read the manga.

That seems like a weird decision to me, especially since the anime has new material.

Soma

Muromi-san 1-2

Haha. Levia-san = Leviathan

Cute show so far. While the humor doesn't work for me a lot of the time (i get a slight Nyaruko-san vibe from it but it's nowhere near as obnoxious nor plagued by constant references), the show has a certain unique charm to it and it helps that it's consistently well animated. The whole texting bit gave me a good laugh and I honestly wasn't expecting all these random history lessons either. Also, holy crap the OP is pretty amazing too.

faridmon

[
Overall, Dennou Coil was an amazing series, one of the best I watched recently.
I whole heatedly agree. One of the finest animes I had the pleasure to enjoy. Also, that Animation is yet to be topped. Fantastic work all around and one series that I have hard time finding any flaws in it.

Too bad they haven't localised it and and Iso is out of commission :(

Gets better with each episode, but its very slow paced and the last game took nearly 10 episodes!

So its a sports Anime, gotcha!
:p

Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties - 02

Almost certain this one were another two random chapters animated, can't remember...whatever next we have Fumi-chan and Armageddon.

survivor

Banned
No Karneval?! or Valvrave? Youre missing the standout anime of the season, and possibly year.
Tumblr gifs are more than enough for me when it comes to Karneval. As for Valvrave, well I don't watch mecha anime and this one won't be any different.

That seems like a weird decision to me, especially since the anime has new material.

Are we getting FMA level of new content? I'm just not a huge fan of the manga story to go through it twice.

Branduil

Tumblr gifs are more than enough for me when it comes to Karneval. As for Valvrave, well I don't watch mecha anime and this one won't be any different.

Are we getting FMA level of new content? I'm just not a huge fan of the manga story to go through it twice.

Probably not FMA level, but episode 2 was at least 50% entirely new content and the other 50% was greatly expanded from the manga. Plus they seem to be telling the story in chronological order.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Heartcatch Precure 22

Wait...
Itsuki picked up Potpourri at the end.

Does that mean...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The next 27 episodes are going to be AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET HYPE! GET HYPE!

Mr.Jeff

Is Hikaru no Go worth watching?
For someone with your personal tastes? Absolutely. I seem to recall it having less terminology than something like Saki so it should be easy enough to follow.

The ending is pants mind.

Edit: I should possibly explain this before I go to bed; it's first off a fairly acceptable "sports"-esque series about Go which is pretty fun to watch. Secondly, from everything I've seen, there seems to be very little female characters involved and most of the fan related things I have heard about tend towards the yaoi persuasion. Also, always remember that Sai is a guy because that shit is confusing in the manga when there is no voice actor to judge it by.

Syrinx

Heartcatch Precure 23

IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING!

ALL MA' HYPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Articalys

I might try to make the next AnimeGAF survey later this week, focusing on thread reading and posting habits. I have a few question ideas from the last survey, along with some of my own, but any further input would be appreciated.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Heartcatch Precure 23

IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING!

NAFE DON'T READ
I TOLD YOU ABOUT ITSUKI DAWG

7Th

I really don't get why people were surprised about
Itsuki being Cure Sunshine; she was the only choice that wouldn't have been completely pointless.

Jintor

I might try to make the next AnimeGAF survey later this week, focusing on thread reading and posting habits. I have a few question ideas from the last survey, along with some of my own, but any further input would be appreciated.

Did you get ethnicities or nationalities last time around? Was just wondering idly.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Heartcatch Precure!]
Itsuki being Cure Sunshine; she was the only choice that wouldn't have been completely pointless.
Again,
Momoka!!!!!!

Ban-kun would have also been a daring choice!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Heartcatch Precure 23

If only I could relive that feeling of excitement when I first saw it happen. BASK IN IT.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I got massively spoiled before I even watched Heartcatch thanks to fanart and I'm surprised that there are people who have managed to avoid this years later.

Syrinx

I could see it coming. But that doesn't mean I'm any less excited now that it's happening!

Thanks, Hikaru no Go sounds perfect, will definitely check it out.

Mushibugyo 2
tumblr_mlbowp4zG11qbxqfpo1_500.png

Jinbei is incredible. His voice and personality, excitement and so polite and into things is really refreshing for leads for the entire season. I just cant stop smiling and just feeling all happy when he is speaking, or when he spoke much of this episode, and the adoration of Mugai-dono. Fun episode.

Taruranto

RDG: Red Data Girl #5 - I forgot to take screenshot, but it's 220p anyway

Well, this episode was, quite honestly, complete shit. They resolved the previous "arc" in 5 seconds and in the most anticlimactic way possible, not to mention the introduce like 3-4 characters in the same episode the worst way possible.

And the romance fucking sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom