• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Whenever I think of Magi, I always think of myself as Aladdin and DTL as Alibaba. Sometimes I say hurtful things because they are true, and it hurts his feelings, but I also do stupid things sometimes and it embarrasses him. But he's always smiling and looking ahead, optimistic and ready to fight the next battle. If he falls, he tries to get stronger, and together we BELIEVE in a better world out there. <3

BluWacky

Valvrave is a 1-day delayed simulcast?! I didn't even notice that! T_T

It's also only available in four English language territories on Crunchyroll, a much smaller number than usual. It looks like the rights are tied up with local streaming sites in other countries - Wakanim, for instance, have the show in France (where it is also on delay). It doesn't seem to be available in Australia at all!

Kurita

Whenever I think of Magi, I always think of myself as Aladdin and DTL as Alibaba. Sometimes I say hurtful things because they are true, and it hurts his feelings, but I also do stupid things sometimes and it embarrasses him. But he's always smiling and looking ahead, optimistic and ready to fight the next battle. If he falls, he tries to get stronger, and together we BELIEVE in a better world out there. <3
Who is the uke?

Syrinx

I never watched Magi, so I can't in good faith say Magi 2.0. But I'm not really hyped either. I guess I'd be #teamWhatever.

tumblr_mc91ejnYQB1rjt3vdo1_250.jpg

/XX/

There's speculation from Yuyucow on Twitter that Taichi Ishidate may be graduating from episode director to full director for the project. I don't follow KyoAni staff or news really so I don't know if that's a good thing?
I personally like his fancy and bold style (usually plays with the view of the scene, the "camera", much) although it could seem busy or over-processed look sometimes.

Shergal was really onto something with Chise Kamoi missing lately, both that were involved in the commercial most probably are the best candidates to helm this project after all.

sleepykyo

Amnesia conclusion:

Info dump with virtually nothing about the original world. I feel disappointed that was my payoff for following the series.

Haganai Next:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Maybe they would have had time for some real closure if they started working toward it earlier and didn't have a boss battle in the finale.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I saw the longer PV the other day but I watched that one as a reminder and I noticed there was no barbed wire on the wall. No wonder the giants could break in so easily.

Kurita

I saw the longer PV the other say but I watched that one as a reminder and I noticed there was no barbed wire on the wall. No wonder the giants could break in so easily.
You can only kill them by slashing they neck anyway, I don't think this could stop them.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Little Witch Academia is like Mahou Shoujotai Arusu but condensed even further in a "good parts" way.

I mean, she even follows Arusu's Gospel.

Branduil

I saw the longer PV the other day but I watched that one as a reminder and I noticed there was no barbed wire on the wall. No wonder the giants could break in so easily.

To be fair
they'd never seen a titan nearly as tall as the wall before.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You can only kill them by slashing they neck anyway, I don't think this could stop them.
It's called a deterrent.

Also should have put up a giant alarm with a sticker indicating the place has a giant alarm fitted. Also a notice that only two giants are allowed in at a time. As an extra precaution enforce challenge 25 to keep underaged giants out.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Oh yes! Director's specialty, isn't it?

'Menos mal que el Sr. Yoshinari no se quedó mucho tiempo en Production I.G, ¿verdad?'
Like pearls before swine.
Little Witch Academia really did save anime! Look at all the potentially cool stuff coming out after its wake!

-New Imaishi anime
-Yuasa short film
-Action KyoAni
-New Watanabe anime
-Mushushi S2
Lesbian Bear Storm, bro!
Little Witch Academia

Wow was this a treat. The visuals, coloring, and designs were spectacular and provided an amazing display of effects that would at times leave me muttering "holy shit". The characters were easy to like and even easier to love when you have a hotheaded character like Akko supported by the laid back jokester type Sucy and 1% ojousama Diana. Speaking of which, my OTP has to go to AkkoxSucy with AkkoxDiana being my reaaaaaally close second. Not really much else to say besides echoing what others have said already. Anime is saved, thank you based Trigger, etc.
AkkoxDiana is the only legit OTP. Sucy and anyone is just wrong.
HAPPENING:
-Houkago no Pleiades getting expanded into a movie
-Kyoukai no Kanata getting expanded into a TV show or OVA

Incoming:
-Swimming Boys anime
-Little Witch Academia theatrical trilogy
7th doesn't like Ikuhara anymore. :(
Well that escalated quickly.
Where are your Little Witch Academia impressions?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
AkkoxDiana is the only legit OTP. Sucy and anyone is just wrong.

Sucy is always there to take care of Akko. If that doesn't scream commitment and OTP material I don't know what does! Diana is great and all, but I want to mix up my OTP instead of gunning for the tsun type.

caught up with all of tamako market. i wish there were more episodes and though i felt the ending was fairly disappointing, i enjoyed the series a lot.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Cool, now I don't have to watch Titans.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Sucy is always there to take care of Akko. If that doesn't scream commitment and OTP material I don't know what does! Diana is great and all, but I want to mix up my OTP instead of gunning for the tsun type.
Sucy's the type to brew up a love potion for ulterior motives. That doesn't strike me as true love!
I didn't include movies because we won't see them this year.

Otherwise I would have featured "THE IDOLM@STER MOVIE" in my list!
Lesbian Bear Storm hasn't been confirmed as a movie yet! We don't even have a studio! Who knows, it might be Imaishi and Ikuhara's fateful encounter!
'Pues si, pues si'... although maybe we are being too rough with Production I.G when they can definitely give their staff equally great opportunities like the very same Wasurenagumo, or personal achievements like Sh&#333;ka (http://www.productionig.com/contents/works_sp/82_/index.html).

We can forgive them... sometimes...
The CGI sin is too grave to be forgiven!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom