• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
God, that sounds like quite the trainwreck... I absolutely despise showse whose MC is constantly shoved in our face as if he was the only one able to move the plot forward, since that kind of writing robs the rest of the cast of any chance to shine unless the MC is involved in some way.
I don't have big problem with self-insert MCs, though they are usually much more boring in comparison to more well-fleshed out protagonists (they can't all be Araragi), but my problem with SukaSuka is that it spends the first couple episodes setting Willem up as a broken survivor with no purpose who is simply waiting to die (aka: not exactly self-insert MC material). But, instead of telling a story about how he heals via connecting with these girls while also helping them to save themselves from the despair of their own existence, all that has since been tossed out in favor of something far more predicatable, convenient, and safe.

Cornbread78

DM Angel ep.16-17
ARUrQfS.png
Oh yeah, relationship dev. These were really good episodes to define the real main ship.

zulux21

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2

only good supehero thing we'll have until Black Panther

(maybe that Nagahama thing)

I am going to have to disagree.

a new episode of MHA comes out saturday. :p

talking strictly movie wise... well spiderman is looking pretty damn good.

Yowamushi Pedal New Generation Episode 18 - The Swelling Aoyagi

Naruko having to just sit around is painful, I wanted to see him really take off and go to the front.

Kaburagi could be the Onoda of this season though if he is really and truly not tired or anything after Aoyagi's all out attack.

Manami and Onoda moments need to be more numerous.

Andrew J.

LWA 19

Almost too much excitement for my poor Dianakko shipping heart!

I really enjoy fish out of water stories, and it was a delight seeing Akko bulldoze her way through high society formalities with her usual array of funny faces and goofy noises.

The hitchhiking was a pure platinum comedic bit, too.

Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho 06

I don't blame Tiger for distrusting Zero. I mean of course he'd have a drop of doubt in his heart about her intentions. Her people regularly put his people's heads on a spike.

SukaSuka 06

I don't blame Willem's old friend and old enemy for the choices they've decided to make and the sacrifices they are/have made for this current world, Nor do hold them in contempt for wishing to return to the surface and doing things to get to that. Willem and Blue hair are doing that dumb thing where they think with their heart and make bad choices. And what the fuck was up with all this fucking crying about him being gone for like a couple days, holy shit girls get the fuck off it.

Qurupeke

Serial Experiments Lain 7-10

I think I finally get what's going on... Partially, at least. The show has been very confusing, in such a manner that's extremely difficult to discern reality. Hell, I'm not sure if "reality" is even a thing in this. From my understanding, even such a concept seems to be fluid right now, which is kind of amusing. The show has no reservations on being completely weird.

I'm a bit dumbfounded with how nonchalantly the whole deal with the parents and the sister seemed to have ended though. Or with what happened to Alice and the teacher, and what happened after that. Or the whole thing with the knights. I'm not sure if I'd say I'm disappointed, I'm not even sure if they really concluded or I'm the one jumping to conclusions, but I feel like I'm missing vital context.

Oh, and of course,
aliens.....?

Serial Experiments Lain is something I should attempt to rewatch one day, but I expect that it doesn't hold up and that its message comes across as trite to modern audiences.

Qurupeke

Serial Experiments Lain is something I should attempt to rewatch one day, but I expect that it doesn't hold up and that its message comes across as trite to modern audiences.

I'm keeping this comment on hold until I finish Lain, because I'm still trying to figure out the message(s) of the series. I'd say its main focus has been technology's advancement, but the show being a warning against that doesn't seem quite right.

TraBuch

Banned
What was that show that aired a few years ago where a girl sits next to a boy in school and everyday he plays some sort of new game and it gets really elaborate and she tries to get him to stop but usually ends up unintentionally joining in? They were like seven minute episodes. I never finished it but I remember liking it.

What was that show that aired a few years ago where a girl sits next to a boy in school and everyday he plays some sort of new game and it gets really elaborate and she tries to get him to stop but usually ends up unintentionally joining in? They were like seven minute episodes. I never finished it but I remember liking it.

This what you're looking for?

JulianImp

How about Samurai Flamenco?

He's the true hero we need.

Except for, I dunno... everything after that episode (#7, I think) were a thug [spoilers]morphed into a gorilla with a guillotine in its stomach that it'd use to execute random policemen (just contesting the "realist" part here, though).[/spoilers]

Except for, I dunno... everything after that episode
were a thug morphed into a gorilla with a guillotine in its stomach that it'd use to execute random policemen (just contesting the "realist" part here, though)

Whaaaaaa-

That's as real and hardcore as it gets. :p

Also... spoilers. :O

Narag

Except for, I dunno... everything after that episode were a thug morphed into a gorilla with a guillotine in its stomach that it'd use to execute random policemen (just contesting the "realist" part here, though).

Still haven't gone back to that yet myself. Felt like the more out there it got, the less interesting it was to watch.

Still haven't gone back to that yet myself. Felt like the more out there it got, the less interesting it was to watch.

I kind of quit watching Samurai Flamenco at the torture arc because my stomach had trouble taking it, but what I liked best about what I saw of the show was the more mundane character interactions and conversations. The more fantastical delve into straight tokusatsu territory kind of got in the way of that, I felt.

Akashic Records Episode 6

Some parts of this episode and plot were kind of seen from miles away, for example, the Albert and Re=L at the competition, and also something about how the queen couldnt tell the truth, in any event it was executed well enough that I couldnt turn my head away from the tv while watching. Hopefully the novels make it over, easily one of the shows Im extremely interested in checking the source material out of.

Glenn, Albert, Re=L best trio. Loved Class 2 as well, so good when they put their mind to it and feel confident.

I now worry about the kids.

Perhaps the one thing Moguro won't go after, at least directly...so far, is children. So those kids are safe.

That said, he'll gladly fuck up the lives of their parents, which will obviously affect them. Hell, he destroyed two families in that episode!

cj_iwakura

Crystal S3 6

Wtf. New ED. WHY. Another Death Buster gone. No Prof Tomoe shenanigans. Neptune and Uranus' transformations were basically the EXACT same.

5/10.

bryanee

Oreimo - Season 2 Episode 14

So I ended up watching this anime because of that gif that gets posted where they swap the characters eyes with her mouth, cracks me up.

Any way I'm enjoying it, I love anime that makes me laugh regardless of the subject matter and I get to episode 14 of season 2.

I didn't think it would actually end up going there, I dont know why but I felt like it wouldnt. I dont quite know how the final two episodes will end up so maybe they come to their senses.

Kuroneko mother fucker. Not your sister.

Tsuki ga Kirei 5

Somehow this show manages to make these two awkward middle schoolers into the most interesting couple in the world.

Surprisingly good post-ED skits this episode too.

Line_HTX

Still puzzled at the stupidity that was the 3 extra episodes of Oreimo after Season 2 ended.

Oh well, at least there was a Falcon Punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom