• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix: 3-day "interactive experience" stream on Twitch (Western studio) [LIVE]

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Getting a Deus Ex vibe out of this. I guess there's no official time set then? I wonder if the Gameinformer cover is related to this as well.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Cover reveal is on Thursday?

I keep getting an impression that the upcoming cover will be Square/Eidos related and I wouldn't be surprised considering the build up to E3 and what other titles are currently being prepped and it seems like a good idea after the previous Thief cover a while back.

Kezen

Banned
Hoping for Deus Ex as well but something tells me it's not going to be it. I would expect such a game to be revealed in a Game Informer issue.

Hexa

Since this is 3 days it'll probably be an ARG or something I'm guessing. Hope it's interesting.

Hitman for sure. Montreal just released Thief last year, and IO hasn't since 2012. They also announced they were working on a new Hitman game last year that they would be revealing "soon" lol.

Pachimari

I really want them to reveal the new Hitman, have been waiting way too long. Yet, this looks more like a Deus Ex thing.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I really want them to reveal the new Hitman, have been waiting way too long. Yet, this looks more like a Deus Ex thing.

I suspect Hitman is next fiscal year while Deus Ex is this fiscal year, so you'll probably have to wait until E3 for Hitman.

Ricker

Can we have a Twitch link soon or its still a secret...? (I could search on Twitch but its down for me right now,I just get a white page)

Daeda

Hitman for sure. Montreal just released Thief last year, and IO hasn't since 2012. They also announced they were working on a new Hitman game last year that they would be revealing "soon" lol.

Not sure about IO, but EM has two dedicated development teams. Production on the new Deus Ex started as soon as Human Revolution finished. Also, EM has been very clear they intended to reveal DX Universe "soon" as well. So taking that into account, as well as the artwork (which fits DX better than Hitman I think), my money is on the new Deus Ex.

Either way, it makes sense for SE to reveal one of their big licences before E3, seeing as they don't exactly have a press conference.

Not sure about IO, but EM has two dedicated development teams. Production on the new Deus Ex started as soon as Human Revolution finished. Also, EM has been very clear they intended to reveal DX Universe "soon" as well. So taking that into account, as well as the artwork (which fits DX better than Hitman I think), my money is on the new Deus Ex.

Either way, it makes sense for SE to reveal one of their big licences before E3, seeing as they don't exactly have a press conference.

Yeah this is true. The image does stylistically seem more congruent with Deus Ex, but where is all the black and gold? :p

Hopefully Hitman will be at E3 then.

Ramenman

"Interactive experience stream" makes me think of some awful Twitch Plays esque experiment

haha yeah when it has the word "experience" in it it always sounds like "that thing our marketing guys have come up with which doesn't actually announce or relate to any tangible product but somehow this has cost us a lot so we couldn't just cancel it please 'engage' in it or whatever it is they say".

I'll watch though, hope it's not too awkward.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
What time does this start??

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_tumblr_m89oxvjdea1rt591eo1_100__1_.gif

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
I suspect Hitman is next fiscal year while Deus Ex is this fiscal year, so you'll probably have to wait until E3 for Hitman.

Would make sense as Square wants to have a good flow of titles to come out within the next few years and space a lot of their recent franchises apart from each other in good pace. I feel that Square has definitely got a good management flow now and will definitely become successful commercially (although Tomb Raider is the curious one for time exclusivity and how that will work on other platforms).

L1NETT

Can't kill progress sounds very Deus-exy to me. Reminds me of Sarif with his whole 'They cannot stop the future'

We shall see. It is Square after all.

Jotthah

Since it's SE I'm not going to get my hopes up, but my mind just jumped to Deus Ex, but maybe only because I really want new Deus Ex info.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Can't kill Progress eh? That sounds like something MJ12 would say :p

Top Bottom