• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix announces Final Fantasy World Wide Words (iOS/Android)

Wait. A typing game. For smartphones.
...Sigh.
Theatrhythm for Android please.
The dictionary will be filled with FF terms and references, and you can also do word combos and so on. There will be leveling up and ability systems, etc. Lots of classic FF characters will show up too.
Okay, now I'm at least a little curious. I'll just pretend it's a trivia game. If I can face Ultros in a battle of classic Summons trivia I would be happy.

Jb

Another exciting entry in the FF franchise.

140934351308954e4s.gif

Kouriozan

Square Enix, can you give us Dragon Quest Monster Super Light or you can't justify it too?

Anyway, I'd try this game if I could.

mclem

Silly Square. When people were asking for "Final Fantasy Type...", this isn't what they were going for.

(This could be good, but I fear it wouldn't have the delightful silliness that was found in The Typing Of The Dead, which really made that game work. Anyhow, the absurdity of a typing game on a device without a physical keyboard still makes me boggle somewhat.)

bigkrev

This is the coolest sounding thing to come out of the JPN side of Square Enix since that Picross Final Fantasy game, which made me really sad. Hope this is better!

I loved Typing of the Dead and Ys Typing so this seems fine by me. But I am worried about how the input will work on phone.

L.O.R.D

really ? FF XIII on mobile ?

Square Enix have announced a new cloud-streaming service in Japan, called Dive In. The service will let Japanese smartphone owners stream games like Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy VII to their smartphones and tablets.

Dive In will launch on October 9th, and will include the following games at launch:

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/0...martphones-via-streaming/#8gozZQpvIJCdjKLg.99
Final Fantasy XIII:

3 days – 250 yen (plus tax)
10 days – 510 yen (plus tax)
30 days – 1,250 yen (plus tax)
365 days – 1,800 yen (plus tax)

Final Fantasy VII International:
3 days – 200 yen (plus tax)
10 days – 400 yen (plus tax)
30 days – 1,000 yen (plus tax)
365 days – 1,429 yen (plus tax)

Season of Mystery: The Cherry Blossom Murders:
3 days – 150 yen (plus tax)
10 days – 300 yen (plus tax)
30 days – 800 yen (plus tax)
365 days – 1,185 yen (plus tax)

because we want more of 13

So are they typing out the battle event console instead of the game doing it for you?

Game Start!
"Cloud uses Omnislash!"
"Omnislash hits Jenova for 5321 damage!"
"Barret uses Hi Potion."

Squishy3

can i get this on pc where typing is actually 100% accurate

i wonder if phone autocorrect will end up interfering with this, unless there is a way for developers to disable it when their app is started

can i get this on pc where typing is actually 100% accurate

i wonder if phone autocorrect will end up interfering with this, unless there is a way for developers to disable it when their app is started

On Android, I'm almost positive autocorrect is not a system / OS thing, but is actually a part of whatever on-screen keyboard app you use. Since a physical keyboard doesn't use or need a keyboard app, I believe autocorrect isn't even available for a physical keyboard.

If you want to use a physical keyboard, you can use a Bluetooth one, you can plug one into your USB port, or you can even use your PC's keyboard on your Android device over Wi-Fi with this app, which types everything you type in your PC's web browser on your phone.

Top Bottom