• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix announcing several games at E3

So whats the full future SE Lineup at the moment?

Console
- FFXIV stuff
- FFXV
- Kingdom Hearts 3
- Just Cause 3
- Tomb Raider
- Deus Ex
- Dissidia (rumored to be a ps4 game after arcade run right?)
- Dragon Quest Heroes 2

Portable
- Chaos Rings Trilogy
- Saga 2015
- FF Explorers (localization?)
- Bravely Second
- DQ8

Mobile
- Mevius
- Im at a loss but I know there are at least several more titles here
Star Ocean 5.

So whats the full future SE Lineup at the moment?

Console
- FFXIV stuff
- FFXV
- Kingdom Hearts 3
- Just Cause 3
- Tomb Raider
- Deus Ex
- Dissidia (rumored to be a ps4 game after arcade run right?)
- Dragon Quest Heroes 2

Portable
- Chaos Rings Trilogy
- Saga 2015
- FF Explorers (localization?)
- Bravely Second
- DQ8

Mobile
- Mevius
- Im at a loss but I know there are at least several more titles here

Hitman and Dragon Quest XI are confirmed to be in Development, with Dragon Quest XI having good chances to be a console game
You forgot Star Ocean 5

Remasters:
FF12 and Kingdom Hearts Collection probably getting announced at E3

Crocodile

I legit don't understand how there hasn't been a new Chrono game in 16 years. Somebody tell them to kickstart that shit with as much as of the "Dream Team" as possible. They would make their goal, even if its just to gauge interest to spur them to provide the rest of the funding, in less than a day.

DJIzana

Saga Frontier remaster for 3DS.

Final Fantasy VII remake for PC/PS4/X1.

Mana game in the style of Legend of Mana, with online co-op.

Parasite Eve reboot (but still taking place on 12/31/1997)

ANYTHING Chrono Trigger related

New Final Fantasy Tactics game set in the real Ivalice

FF XII IZJS HD

. . . a man can dream.

Perfection. This list is sheer perfection.

Red Hood

Banned
This is “DEUS EX,” launched this April. In our private conference at the next E3, we are planning to announce several titles in addition to this one.

I assume they meant to say "announced this April"? Or have they accidental leaked the release date for an April 2016 release? Anyway, very hyped to see more in a few weeks ! :D

Saga Frontier remaster for 3DS.

Final Fantasy VII remake for PC/PS4/X1.

Mana game in the style of Legend of Mana, with online co-op.

Parasite Eve reboot (but still taking place on 12/31/1997)

ANYTHING Chrono Trigger related

New Final Fantasy Tactics game set in the real Ivalice

FF XII IZJS HD

. . . a man can dream.

I really hope Saga 2015 is a good one

One thing that was super fun about Frontier was the combat and character building!

Pepin

I truly, madly, deeply believe Square will announce FFXVI at this year's E3.

I'm being fully serious. Just bet £20 with someone in the office on it.

FoneBone

I'd expect some localization announcements, but I'd think it'd be mostly Western stuff as far as altogether unannounced games go.

Rymuth

Troll-tier

FF8 HD (PS4)
Chaos Rings 1-3 HD (PS4/PS3)
FF Record Keeper (Vita)

Mid-tier

Brand new IP JRPG (PS3/PS4)
KH Collection reveal
Dissidia console release date

Megaton Tier

Tomb Raider Exclusivity Deal revoked

i know SE did these things in the past....But a FF16 Announcement at this moment would probably harm ther actual project Final Fantasy 15 that has many doubters on its back

Pepin

i know SE did these things in the past....But a FF16 Announcement at this moment would probably harm ther actual project Final Fantasy 15 that has many doubters on its back

See, that's why I think they'd do it. Square has already said it wants to return to a 'roots' FF game, which XV isn't.

And to keep excitement ticking over, I reckon it'd actually benefit them to have hype building on a low level for XVI (which could be something more similar in style to IV, V or VI), helmed by Sakaguchi or something.

I've been waiting for XV for, what, 10 years now? That hype is definitely keeping me interested, and making me lap up anything FF-related in the interim period.

Considering my hype for FFXV got shattered after recent events and the FFType-1 video we got, I could actually stop caring about XV if they announce the next one already.

Troll-tier

FF8 HD (PS4)
Chaos Rings 1-3 HD (PS4/PS3)
FF Record Keeper (Vita)

Mid-tier

Brand new IP JRPG (PS3/PS4)
KH Collection reveal
Dissidia console release date

Megaton Tier

Tomb Raider Exclusivity Deal revoked
idk, new IP is always a megaton (specially if they don't announce the director right away =P)

See, that's why I think they'd do it. Square has already said it wants to return to a 'roots' FF game, which XV isn't.

And to keep excitement ticking over, I reckon it'd actually benefit them to have hype building on a low level for XVI (which could be something more similar in style to IV, V or VI), helmed by Sakaguchi or something.

Why would they announce FFXVI when FFXV is still likely a while off yet and risk the near-certain inevitability of diverting full attention away from the latter?

They'd be laughed at, and rightfully so. Though I'd welcome it, because anything but more FFXV.

I've been waiting for XV for, what, 10 years now? That hype is definitely keeping me interested, and making me lap up anything FF-related in the interim period.

but let's say Final Fantasy 16 has a medievil setting, a more classic characterdesign, spreading that oldshool FF-Feeling....Don't you think this would make some people lose interest in Final Fantasy 15

Shiggy

When do they expect to launch Triad Wars? Or more important, if they launch it, how many months later will they shut it down?

Pepin

but let's say Final Fantasy 16 has a medievil setting, a more classic characterdesign, spreading that oldshool FF-Feeling....Don't you think this would make some people lose interest in Final Fantasy 15

Yeah, but they'd still buy it. Especially if Square offered demos etc to people with a XV disc (a la Duscae/Type 0)

RPGamer92

Banned
I think people are hyped for XV and still will even if XVI is announced due to the amount of time they have been waiting to play it.

Why would that make anyone lose interest? They're different games, and any FFXVI announced in June 2015 isn't likely to be in our hands for (my guess) at least 3 years, if not more.

You know, I would love for FFXVI to have a setting and aesthetic similar to FFXIV. In a world where Skyrim sold fucking amazingly you'd think they'd hop on that shit.
Also when did they say this?

BadWolf

Why would that make anyone lose interest? They're different games, and any FFXVI announced in June 2015 isn't likely to be in our hands for (my guess) at least 3 years, if not more.

Then I don't want to hear about it now.

It's pointless announcing FFXVI this far ahead, makes no sense.

Falk

that puzzling face
You know, I would love for FFXVI to have a setting and aesthetic similar to FFXIV. In a world where Skyrim sold fucking amazingly you'd think they'd hop on that shit.

The reasons Skyrim sold well and what makes a good Final Fantasy game have at best a very, very narrow overlap.

KoopaTheCasual

Also when did they say this?
I'm so happy they didn't "hop on that shit", because plain medieval fantasy bores me to tears. I'm glad they're going with a setting rarely seen before. Closest thing to it in gaming are Final Fantasy games from nearly 20 years ago.

KoopaTheCasual

This is exactly what I mean! Just let us know it exists, that it's out there. Let the fans speculate away, give the directors ideas etc..
Wasn't FFXII one of the worst selling single player mainline FFs since FFVI? Maybe the awkward marketing heavily played into that.

So no, I don't want them to bungle another mainline's hype cycle again.

Falk

that puzzling face

Oh man.

That's a 2001 report, and:

Other than three new FF titles on the PS2, the company plans to release remakes of Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and IX as well.

Square has 23 titles in development this fiscal year - 12 new titles and 11 remake titles. Ten of the 23 games are scheduled to be handheld titles.

Puts things in perspective.

DJIzana

Really? Last I recall, they wanted to move away from turn based FF (I'm assuming that's what you mean by roots). I thought that's why they created Bravely Default.

I don't see FFXVI happening at E3.

Very interested in seeing how Hitman looks. Absolution never at any point looked like the Hitman game that I wanted, even though IO kept insisting that the final product would still be true to the previous games.

If we do see gameplay, it should be apparent very early on whether or not they've realized what went right with Blood Money and what went wrong with Absolution.

Rymuth

Considering my hype for FFXV got shattered after recent events and the FFType-1 video we got, I could actually stop caring about XV if they announce the next one already.

idk, new IP is always a megaton (specially if they don't announce the director right away =P)
That's because I believe it'll be Toriyama's project...

I'm so happy they didn't "hop on that shit", because plain medieval fantasy bores me to tears. I'm glad they're going with a setting rarely seen before. Closest thing to it in gaming are Final Fantasy games from nearly 20 years ago.

I never said "plain medieval fantasy", I said similar to FFXIV, which has a lot of style to it.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm talking solely about the marketability of a medieval fantasy RPG.

And the counter-argument to that is that is despite it being a medieval fantasy RPG, Skyrim didn't sell primarily because it was a medieval fantasy RPG. It sold because it was open-world, immersive, and on PC had extensive modding legs. It also probably initially sold because it was an Elder Scrolls game, not something any other random medieval fantasy RPG game can automatically become.

It's the same way Witcher 3 isn't exactly selling because it's a medieval fantasy setting. It's selling because it's Witcher (which just so happens to be based on a book based on a fantasy setting)

Dragon's Dogma doesn't have the rabid, loyal fanbase it does just because it's a medieval fantasy RPG.

Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning didn't sell just because it's a medieval fantasy RPG. (and witty ones might argue it didn't sell at all oh ho ho).

Heck, they're all good games in their own right but all added up to medieval fantasy RPG fatigue, just as there was WWII shooter fatigue, modern counter-terrorism shooter fatigue, and right now future war shooter fatigue.

If FFXVI is fantasy, you can bet it's going to be marketed on the shoulders of previous entries like FFXIV, FFXII, FFIX, FFIV, etc and not just because Skyrim sold well and is a medieval fantasy setting.

Top Bottom