• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square-Enix fiscal year ended march 31, 2010 report

chandoog said:
No Third Birthday or Agito planned for 2010 :(

I presume you're referring to the chart that was in the earnings report?

It's just for releases that have been announced, so it's possible that they'll still be released this year.

Darthdevidem01 said:
Fantastic FFXIII sales, but it deserves double that number.

Give it time. it's still full price, afterall. I could see it doing around 7 million or so when its all said and done after price reductions and greatest hits.

Cornbread78

DMPrince said:
with this... Square CEO hasn't ruled out Versus for 360...

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/05/18/ff_versus_xiii_multiplatform/

waiting for the MS check to be cleared and E3 is next month :lol.

Shocker, M$ paid up, it will sell 1/2 as much as the PS3 version, and SE will cut out half the content of the game due to "Storage Issues" and release it sooner. Then, they will run all the way to the bank and deposite that nice check from M$.... exactly what I was saying in the other post.....The game will take a step back with the multiport like FFXIII did... Good for SE, bad for Gamers.

Jonnyram

Interfectum said:
how is versus on 360 a megaton? fanboy fodder? does anyone really give a shit at this point?
Are you joking? Several of the idiots on here still hold on to the hope that it will be PS3 exclusive and cement their idea that it is the "true Final Fantasy game".

Cornbread78

Jonnyram said:
Are you joking? Several of the idiots on here still hold on to the hope that it will be PS3 exclusive and cement their idea that it is the "true Final Fantasy game".

Are you joking? Last time they did a mulitport, they dumbed it down to fit M$ spec

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Cornbread78 said:
Shocker, M$ paid up, it will sell 1/2 as much as the PS3 version, and SE will cut out half the content of the game due to "Storage Issues" and release it sooner. Then, they will run all the way to the bank and deposite that nice check from M$.... exactly what I was saying in the other post.....The game will take a step back with the multiport like FFXIII did... Good for SE, bad for Gamers.

:lol :lol

Sadist

Jonnyram said:
*Checks the posts after the one from Jonnyram*

:lol

Nirolak said:
At this rate, the meltdowns might be even bigger than FFXIII.
I'm an expert 2.0. I'm up for it

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Interfectum said:
how is versus on 360 a megaton? fanboy fodder? does anyone really give a shit at this point?
Well, let's see.

Cornbread78 said:
Cornbread78 said:
Are you joking? Last time they did a mulitport, they dumbed it down to fit M$ spec
At this rate, the meltdowns might be even bigger than FFXIII.

Interfectum

Jonnyram said:

No way... there is no way people are saying shit like th...

Cornbread78 said:

Darthdevidem01 said:
Really versus shouldn't go multiplat. I don't mind if it does but I just don't want it to.

Oh what the fuck. You guys are idiots.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Interfectum said:

Cornbread78 said:

Yup.
Interfectum said:

As i said epic meltdown incoming!.

Interfectum said:

The least you could do is quote people that were actually saying what Jonnyram claimed, as those two you quoted weren't saying anything like that.

BlazingDarkness said:
that is some bullshit :lol
I dunno about FF and irrelevancy but SE and 'most hated' definitely fits.

More like... Wada doesnt know what hes doing anymore. He sure does alot of empty promises and seems friggin indecisive.

Interfectum

SolidSnakex said:
The least you could do is quote people that were actually saying what Jonnyram claimed, as those two you quoted weren't saying anything like that.

Both quoted posters were hoping it would remain PS3 exclusive... just as Jonnyram stated. Sorry brah.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
schuelma said:
DMeisterJ said:
Versus to 360? Unsurprising, but after FFXIII, I don't see the point.
Why don't you see the point?
Well you see, Square Enix has not only clearly shamed themselves with the resolution and lighting differences in FFXIII, they have also offended the clinically insane PS3 owners who are offended by multiplatform game.

However, this was actually intentional. Like all corporations, Square Enix hates money, and they thought by shaming themselves like such, they would be able to make less money by having their game sell neither on the PS3 nor the Xbox 360.

However, the great and noble PS3 owners decided to buy their game anyway, while Xbox 360 owners decided to buy their games as well.

Due to this, it seems highly likely that they would in fact make significantly more money by releasing Versus XIII as a multiplatform title. Since their ultimate goal is to avoid making money, and their self shaming obviously didn't work, there is no point in releasing Versus XIII on the Xbox 360.

Pooya

DMPrince said:
with this... Square CEO hasn't ruled out Versus for 360...

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/05/18/ff_versus_xiii_multiplatform/

waiting for the MS check to be cleared and E3 is next month :lol.
wow, Nomura is killing himself right now :lol :lol.
I like to see the franchise expand and be a proper multiplatform title that everybody can play,if it is happening I hope this time they do a better job on 360, FFXIII port is laughable and even then it outsold games like Bioshock 2 and Splinter Cell on 360 and sold very close to Mass Effect 2 in NA, the audience is certainly there.

they lost their honor! They sold us all for more sales! they betrayed us all :lol :lol :lol
I can't believe that some people still think that Square changed the game to what it is just because of the XBOX360 and Microsoft, it's so stupid it's not even funny.

Interfectum said:
Both quoted posters were hoping it would remain PS3 exclusive... just as Jonnyram stated. Sorry brah.

He claimed that people refer to Versus as a "true" FF simply because it's exclusive which is bullshit. I haven't seen anyone refer to Versus as a true FF game. It's widely accepted as a spinoff.

Paracelsus

Versus not a FY2011 game? Only God knows how they are reshaping the game.

Those western numbers could have been easily reached either as a 360 or as a PS3 exclusive. That is the point, I guess. The fact Jrpgs are in a very bad shape isn't really a factor when you are dealing with the strongest ones of the whole genre. This is worth for both West and East (DQIX sold more than all of the PS3-360-Wii-PSP Jrpgs combined...probably).

Nirolak said:
Well you see, Square Enix has not only clearly shamed themselves with the resolution and lighting differences in FFXIII, they have also offended the clinically insane PS3 owners who are offended by multiplatform game.

However, this was actually intentional. Like all corporations, Square Enix hates money, and they thought by shaming themselves like such, they would be able to make less money by having their game sell neither on the PS3 nor the Xbox 360.

However, the great and noble PS3 owners decided to buy their game anyway, while Xbox 360 owners decided to buy their games as well.

Due to this, it seems highly likely that they would in fact make significantly more money by releasing Versus XIII as a multiplatform title. Since their ultimate goal is to avoid making money, and their self shaming obviously didn't work, there is no point in releasing Versus XIII on the Xbox 360.
I'm getting some memeish vibes from this post :lol
IN THE FOOT

Paracelsus said:
Those western numbers could have been easily reached either as a 360 or as a PS3 exclusive. That is the point, I guess. The fact Jrpgs are in a very bad shape isn't really a factor when you are dealing with the strongest ones of the whole genre. This is worth for both West and East (DQIX sold more than all of the PS3-360-Wii-PSP Jrpgs combined...probably).

So Versus becoming 360 exclusive for the US and Europe? Nice.

I'd seriously laugh so hard I'd piss myself if the meltdowns for versus are worse than the ff13 ones.. Honestly at this point why get butt hurt about it!?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
jcm said:
I thought they didn't actually own the PE IP, and that's why 3rd Birthday doesn't have a PE title.

Yeah, I thought that was weird too.

I'm guessing it means it's OK to call the series that in financial reports, since the series doesn't have another name it's known by.

Or, they've rebought the license and are going to start taking the series more seriously.

Or nothing and my imagination is getting the better of me. Yeah. Probably that.

Dabanton

Manmademan said:
Give it time. it's still full price, afterall. I could see it doing around 7 million or so when its all said and done after price reductions and greatest hits.

You can already get the game for lower than 19.99 over here in the UK.

Carlisle

The focus of E3 buzz on DQIX over DQVI worries me (still excited about DQIX of course, but that's already been confirmed). Don't let us down SE, I don't care if you only ship 30K. I've got it preordered. Just get it done and fill the final DQ gap in NA.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So... FFXIII outsold FFXII already?

jcm

DMeisterJ said:
Versus to 360? Unsurprising, but after FFXIII, I don't see the point.

Presumably an extra million and half units is the point. I'd be more surprised if it didn't wind up on 360. Third party exclusives don't make any sense this gen. There's no dominant machine to focus on.

Baki

Sadist said:
*Checks the posts after the one from Jonnyram*

I'm an expert 2.0. I'm up for it

You won't get a 2.0. FF XIII was just too much of a surprise. Now if Bungie announced an exclusive game? or ND went multiplat? Maybe then we'd get a better meltdown.

Or Bioware release Mass Effect on PS3?

Nairume

Banned
Carlisle said:
The focus of E3 buzz on DQIX over DQVI worries me (still excited about DQIX of course, but that's already been confirmed). Don't let us down SE, I don't care if you only ship 30K. I've got it preordered. Just get it done and fill the final DQ gap in NA.

I really don't see why you should be worried that they are going to focus on DQIX over VI. We're getting both of them no matter what, and DQIX getting more focus shouldn't remotely be surprising.

Cornbread78 said:

Please tell me you are another Muppet-styled troll. I know this is GAF and people can get fanboyishly stupid, but I want to believe.

Carlisle

Nairume said:
I really don't see why you should be worried that they are going to focus on DQIX over VI. We're getting both of them no matter what, and DQIX getting more focus shouldn't remotely be surprising.
That's what I'm paranoid about. Other than that, no I'm not surprised that IX is getting more coverage (since it's new, not a remake, and officially announced)... I guess I was just hoping for a DQVI E3 appearance to be a more widespread rumor than it is to calm my paranoia.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Will it surpass FFX? D:

Baki said:
You won't get a 2.0. FF XIII was just too much of a surprise. Now if Bungie announced an exclusive game? or ND went multiplat? Maybe then we'd get a better meltdown.

Or Bioware release Mass Effect on PS3?

None of those compare to FFXIII going multiplat, ME is not as big or as known a series as Final Fantasy, ND and Bungie are developers, would be a meltdown for sure, but they'd be developing new unknown IPs, not as big of meltdowns IMO. The only comparable one would be if Gears 3 was coming to PS3 day and date with the 360 version. To make it more similar, it would be 360 exclusive in the US and MP in EU and JP. Now that would cause a huge meltdown I would think.

Baki

AranhaHunter said:
None of those compare to FFXIII going multiplat, ME is not as big or as known a series as Final Fantasy, ND and Bungie are developers, would be a meltdown for sure, but they'd be developing new unknown IPs, not as big of meltdowns IMO. The only comparable one would be if Gears 3 was coming to PS3 day and date with the 360 version. To make it more similar, it would be 360 exclusive in the US and MP in EU and JP. Now that would cause a huge meltdown I would think.

Actually Gears would do that. :lol Balls in your court now Epic.

Ikkarus

Give me The Last Remnant on PS3 SE!!! D:

As for FFXIII Versus going to 360, can't say I would be suprised if it did happen, hell I'd be more suprised if it stayed PS3 exclusive.

Still some impressing figures there.

Top Bottom