• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square-Enix shipment numbers for JP/NA/EU (FF7,FF3,DQS,Mana,Valkyrie...)

From their Fiscal Year 2007 First Semester Results...(April to September):
http://www.square-enix.com/jp/ir/e/explanatory/download/20071119en_20.pdf
PIC -> http://digitaluploader.com/1/83ecde2d9ef81ddbbe63ef36dd6c4d10.jpg

Japan
- Final Fantasy (PSP): 140.000
- Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings (NDS): 530.000
- Final Fantasy Tactics The War of the Lions (PSP): 320.000
- Final Fantasy II (PSP): 90.000
- Itadaki Street DS (NDS): 410.000
- Dragon Quest Sword: Kamen no Joou to Kagami no Tou (Wii): 490.000
- Its a Wonderful World (NDS): 180.000
- Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job (PS2): 160.000
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (NDS): 360.000
- Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII (PSP): 710.000
- DS Style (NDS): 70.000

North America:
- FF Fables: Chocobo Tales (NDS): 70.000
- Dawn of Mana (PS2): 70.000
- Final Fantasy (PSP): 130.000
- Final Fantasy II (PSP): 70.000
- Heroes of Mana (NDS): 30.000

Europa
- Valkyrie Profile Lenneth (PSP): 60.000
- Final Fantasy III (NDS): 450.000
- FF Fables: Chocobo Tales (NDS): 100.000
- Valkyrie Profile 2 Silmeria (PS2): 170.000
- Heroes of Mana (NDS): 50.000

Of course, I HAVE to mention this...you did localize Silmeria and you get rewarded, next time you bring a PSP think about it (but nooo they didn't and brought FFT just in English).

stalker

No doubt localization helps a lot in places like Spain for example, but in the case of Silmeria I guess the price helped also!

ksamedi

There DS style games must have bombed, but than again, SE is not good at that kind of stuff, I mean who lets his dog rate classical music?

kenta

Has no PEINS
Wow, Crisis Core was their best-performing game in Japan during this time period? Somewhat surprising

I also think it's funny to see the drop between the FF releases on PSP. Everyone bought the first one and learned to stay far away from that crap

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
North America:
- FF Fables: Chocobo Tales (NDS): 70.000
- Dawn of Mana (PS2): 70.000
- Final Fantasy (PSP): 130.000
- Final Fantasy II (PSP): 70.000
- Heroes of Mana (NDS): 30.000

Good, MEGABOMB, good, meh, MEGAMEGAMEGAMEGABOMB.

Seeya Mana series.

Kyoufu

I just beat Valkyrie Profile 2 and my god, it deserves more sales. To see it sell less than 200k is disappointing.

kenta said:
Wow, Crisis Core was their best-performing game in Japan during this time period? Somewhat surprising
What did you expect from them to perform better? Crisis Core was arguably their biggest game for the quarter.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Kyoufu said:
I just beat Valkyrie Profile 2 and my god, it deserves more sales. To see it sell less than 200k is disappointing.

To be fair, you're talking about Europe... which never received the first game before Lenneth and isn't really a big market for SE ordinarily.

Totalriot

How much has FFIII sold in America? If it is about as much as in Europe FFIII is at 2M WW now. SE must be quite happy with it.

Edit: Too late.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Magicpaint said:
What did you expect from them to perform better? Crisis Core was arguably their biggest game for the quarter.
I... I'm not expecting anything...? I'm just saying it's somewhat surprising to see a PSP game actually sell

Kyoufu

Stumpokapow said:
To be fair, you're talking about Europe... which never received the first game before Lenneth and isn't really a big market for SE ordinarily.

I should've made it more clear, but I was talking about North America. VP2 is one of those epic RPGs that stands up to a big budget FF game very well (may even surpass it) and yet it only sells at a fraction. S-E should've marketed it more aggressively as its one of the most under-appreciated triple A games on the PS2.

The sales for Europe I can totally understand. I couldn't believe it when I found out it wasn't released here until recently.

The Mana series is dead. I feel like laughing, but that feels like it would mock the days when Mana was actually considered a good series.

Oh, well. Ooh, nice numbers for FFIIIDS.

Symytry

Pureauthor said:
The Mana series is dead. I feel like laughing, but that feels like it would mock the days when Mana was actually considered a good series.

maybe the poor sales will actually give the series a much needed kick in the ass instead?

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Pureauthor said:

Yeah, I hope the FFIV remake sells even better because it is one of the best games ever made.

Symytry said:
maybe the poor sales will actually give the series a much needed kick in the ass instead?
Sure, if by 'kick in the ass' you mean SE just slaps 'Final Fantasy: ____ of Mana' on the cover of next game.

KTallguy

Banned
kenta said:
I... I'm not expecting anything...? I'm just saying it's somewhat surprising to see a PSP game actually sell

Crisis Core is a fricking incredible game, not a port/rehash. I god damn hope it sells!
One of the best RPGs I've played in years, and I'm not kidding.

Maybe if S/E got off their duff and actually tried to make a good Mana game they'd see some results. I mean hell when you're getting slapped around by an RPG Maker looking re-release of FF1 at close to full price then you're doing something seriously wrong.

Damn shame about IaWW though. I'll be doing my part when this game gets a US release though.

I guess not many people like to look at pdfs or something so easy type version

0e7b9eeb84c47c06607750258de51660.PNG

ed57f7b0b590a970b88dfafade574f8b.PNG

Handheld takeover watch

Duderz

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:
Looks like FFXI is starting to slow down. Barely accounted for a third of SE's profit this half!

Not a bad thing, IMO. I really want to see this team move on to something else.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Interesting, didn't realize it but yea, SE has released shit to nothing in NA this year.
What an off-year for North American Square/RPG fans. Look at that big decline in SOV from outside of Japan, I wonder why they had no titles prepared for the outside-Japan markets.

Excluding FFT:TLW, naturally. Since, you know, its one of the best things anyone released this year

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Duderz said:
Not a bad thing, IMO. I really want to see this team move on to something else.

And by "move on to something else" you mean "move back to Chrono"

Top Bottom