• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix targeting 120 FPS on PC for Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7 Reunion

Ev1L AuRoN

120hz for a game like that is plenty. It's a shame if the game won't support popular refresh rates on PC like 144 and 165hz, but if that move leads to a proper frame paced gameplay, I'm okay with it.

yamaci17

120hz for a game like that is plenty. It's a shame if the game won't support popular refresh rates on PC like 144 and 165hz, but if that move leads to a proper frame paced gameplay, I'm okay with it.
if you have a 144 / 165 hz screen, most likely you will have VRR too, which makes 120 fps perfectly frame-paced without any tweaking or anything

i dont understand this misconception that some people have that lead them to thinking "i have a 144 hz screen so i should be able to get 144 fps". i played tons of 60 fps games on my 144 hz, even some games at 40 fps. elden ring comes to my mind, it was just smooth and perfect, thanks to VRR. i didn't bother installing mods that unlock the framerate, i just upped the resolution, game became even more gorgeous to look at, and 60 fps was smooth for that type of game already

above 100+ fps is diminishing returns in terms movement clarity. unless you are very competitive with csgo or valorant or something, its really pointless to chase higher framerates above 120, if i have to be honest. i'd rather have 4k/120 fps then to have 1440p 165 or whatever it is necessary to hit even higher frames

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Surely they mean the port will "easily" hit 120fps?
But framerate will be unlocked right..........?
Right?

Without a recspec we have no idea what PC would be needed to hit 120?

yamaci17

Surely they mean the port will "easily" hit 120fps?
But framerate will be unlocked right..........?
Right?

Without a recspec we have no idea what PC would be needed to hit 120?
a 5600x should hit 120-130 fps cpu bound

2700x-3700x-3600x and co will do about 60-80 fps cpu bound, if they target zen 2 8 mb 3.6 ghz 60 fps on newgen consoles

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Good thing I have a PC2, should be able to hit 144fps no issue.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
a 5600x should hit 120-130 fps cpu bound

2700x-3700x-3600x and co will do about 60-80 fps cpu bound, if they target zen 2 8 mb 3.6 ghz 60 fps on newgen consoles
12400 for 120+ is all i need.
Im assuming we arent really gonna be GPU bound.

Top Bottom