• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golden Joystick Awards: Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth Wins Most Wanted Game

Go_Ly_Dow

Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth has won the Most Wanted Game category at the Golden Joystick Awards 2023 powered by Intel.

Due in February of next year, Square Enix's much-anticipated follow-up marks the second part of a planned three-part modern-day reimagining of its 1997 source material.

Hot on the heels of 2020's Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth extends the legendary story beyond Midgar – with a recent trailer teasing familiar spots such as Cid's Rocket Town, Red XIII's Cosmo Canyon, and the indelible Gold Saucer theme park.

Add flashes of an introspective Sephiroth, Jenova, Junon Harbor and that thoroughfare-dominating parade, and it's easy to see why people are looking forward to this one, and, indeed, why it's come out on top of this year's Golden Joysticks' Most Wanted category.

Throw in the teasiest of Emerald Weapon teasers, and… yeah, February 29, 2024 really can't come soon enough. Full credit to Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth rising to the top of its 20-game-strong category.

2024 is shaping up well.

Day 1 for this, Persona 3 Reload, Methaphor Re Fantazio and I hope Stellar Blade and FFIX Remake. (+more).

YukiOnna

tetsuya-nomura-appreciation-thread-i-love-this-mans-v0-3ztd5oasb7v91.jpg

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I dont believe them honestly. The 1st did well but didnt sell a ton. I want to see how many people spend $70 on it. Having a remake as your most anticipated game is especially sad when you pretty much know what's coming lol.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I dont believe them honestly. The 1st did well but didnt sell a ton. I want to see how many people spend $70 on it. Having a remake as your most anticipated game is especially sad when you pretty much know what's coming lol.
I have to keep saying this but people just dont want to except it, Final Fantasy VII Remake.....despite of have Remake on title, its not actual remake.
gIFidOZ.png

They made it perfectly clear this game was not remake.

Last edited:

Unknown?

It sold very well though. On par with some Sony first party games.

Pelao

It's one of the games I'm looking forward to the most, but still, awards for games that haven't even come out yet are some of the stupidest, most pointless shit out there.

OeYiMZQ.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom