• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golden Joystick Awards: Baldur's Gate 3 wins Game of The Year

Draugoth

Gold Member

Here is the full list of all tonight's Golden Joystick Awards 2023 winners:

GOLDEN JOYSTICK AWARD WINNERS 2023​

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF

The start of many I'd imagine..

Last edited:
Funny to see Xbox awarding Starfield with all the middling reception after the first month of the game's release. Not a bad game per se, but really uninspired and bethesda-esque, for better and for worse.

demigod

these were the nominees for PlayStation, I wonder what the cut-off date was for Spider-Man 2 not to make the list?

How was spiderman 2 nominated for goty but not for best PlayStation award? How did a game like alan wake 2 win an award coming out a week later? Makes no sense.

graywolf323

How was spiderman 2 nominated for goty but not for best PlayStation award? How did a game like alan wake 2 win an award coming out a week later? Makes no sense.
I missed that, honestly that makes no sense whatsoever because Spider-Man 2 would have likely won for best PS5 game if it had been nominated :pie_thinking:

Neo_GAF

Banned
BG3 deserves everything, but the xbox and ps game of the year are beyond strange.
re4?
starfield?
also cocoon made it onto the list? wasnt the game just released? (also congratz to this game!)
on the other hand spidey2 and hifi-rush not winning earning makes me mad.
are people stupid???

WitchHunter

Banned

Here is the full list of all tonight's Golden Joystick Awards 2023 winners:

GOLDEN JOYSTICK AWARD WINNERS 2023​

Oh dear god they will inhale the cocaine cloud and will get right into their heads at Larian... And they won best Storytelling, which was a total letdown, but well, this is a people's choice awards afaik.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Not an advantage in any way plus the rest of the controls stinks.

It's a turn-based game, you're not going to get an advantage just because you can access item with 1 instead of 2 or 3 button presses. I personally prefer M+K overall but walking is a huge part of the game time and it feels much better on a controller.

Top Bottom